ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles

I'm not very familiar with the Northeastern program but if I'm coach Moore, it may be time to look at some guys on the JV squad to see if they can fill some key roles on this team in the conference schedule. I don't believe the cupboard is bare as far as talent wise. If NE wants to make a push this year getting those guys some experience against the weaker opponents in conference may turn up some diamonds in what has been a tough 3 game stretch with injuries. It could pay dividends not just this season but next season as well. Right now it seems they need QB, LB/DE, RB, and some OL help. To be sure they have some guys on JV playing well enough to fill one of these. I don't expect them to be able to find all they need on JV but they can be very competitive with just one or two of those spots solidified.
Just to clarify, these kids don't have to be playmakers or leaders, this team still has those kids that fill those roles in the teams current state. #7 is a running back that can change the identity of this team on offense and could be a big asset to a young QB. I've been screaming for this kid to get more opportunities since these struggles started. To me, at this point, this is a no brainer to make him a focal point of the offense. What the young kids have to be is role players and just do their job.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, these kids don't have to be playmakers or leaders, this team still has those kids that fill those roles in the teams current state. #7 is a running back that can change the identity of this team on offense and could be a big asset to a young QB. I've been screaming for this kid to get more opportunities since these struggles started. To me, at this point, this is a no brainer to make him a focal point of the offense. What the young kids have to be is role players and just do their job.

Yes!! #7 needs to be getting the bulk of the carries. He's explosive and can make the defenders miss. Jeron Hinton is his name. We have to make changes. Our running game is horrific. Our defense is good but they can only do so much. Coach has us where he wants us now.So the goal is to just get healthy and slide into the playoffs on a winning streak. Lock up that 5 seed, go on the road and finish the season the way we started.

Reactions: bud33345
Yes!! #7 needs to be getting the bulk of the carries. He's explosive and can make the defenders miss. Jeron Hinton is his name. We have to make changes. Our running game is horrific. Our defense is good but they can only do so much. Coach has us where he wants us now.So the goal is to just get healthy and slide into the playoffs on a winning streak. Lock up that 5 seed, go on the road and finish the season the way we started.
I don't see #7 as a shimmy or shake kinda guy. Maybe he has that kinda wiggle and speed? I see his north and south bruising running style can help a struggling oline. It will make the oline assignments simple and help them get better. I think if you can get him going and get the oline working together and playing for one another it will do wonders for this team going into the playoffs. Get positive yards, move the sticks, it will limit the opposing teams opportunities on offense and the young QB time to settle in. These wont be pretty wins but may be the perfect shot in the arm to help this team to get some swagger back. Who knows after 4 weeks the offense could evolve to where it was. It's not impossible to get things turned around before the playoffs if you have the players.

Reactions: daagoob
I don't see #7 as a shimmy or shake kinda guy. Maybe he has that kinda wiggle and speed? I see his north and south bruising running style can help a struggling oline. It will make the oline assignments simple and help them get better. I think if you can get him going and get the oline working together and playing for one another it will do wonders for this team going into the playoffs. Get positive yards, move the sticks, it will limit the opposing teams opportunities on offense and the young QB time to settle in. These wont be pretty wins but may be the perfect shot in the arm to help this team to get some swagger back. Who knows after 4 weeks the offense could evolve to where it was. It's not impossible to get things turned around before the playoffs if you have the players.

We just want SWO in our bracket. We want to play at the Corral. I would take that opportunity over home field advantage throughout the playoffs. I'm sitting on the SWO side if we get the opportunity to play there.

Looking forward to going on the road to Onslow and or Duplin Counties. Wouldn't necessarily look forward to having to play in Sampson County. Not sure if we can handle the Dark Horses. No disrespect to WRH, I just think our kids would be up for that game and looking for some payback.

Looking forward to going on the road to Onslow and or Duplin Counties. Wouldn't necessarily look forward to having to play in Sampson County. Not sure if we can handle the Dark Horses. No disrespect to WRH, I just think our kids would be up for that game and looking for some payback.
SW Onslow will be an ant hill compared to the mountains of WRH and Clinton. NE will have to strap their boots on. Right now they need to find their socks. Lol

SW Onslow will be an ant hill compared to the mountains of WRH and Clinton. NE will have to strap their boots on. Right now they need to find their socks. Lol

Hey Bud, don't let this losing streak fool you. Everything is going as planned. Sounds crazy but I promise you it's the truth.Our coach is a damn genius, that's why I love him. We both think alike, we love devastation.

Reactions: bud33345
Hey Bud, don't let this losing streak fool you. Everything is going as planned. Sounds crazy but I promise you it's the truth.Our coach is a damn genius, that's why I love him. We both think alike, we love devastation.
I hear ya man, I want them to get back to the team I saw earlier in the year. I want all the 2A east favorites to be at 100% and yes, when NE is on, they are still a favorite no matter what a poll says. I want to see good football from all these teams come playoff time. All I can say is.....

"Have corvette... will travel" lol

Reactions: dogs79
Don’t think u want to come to duplin county Good , I promise u that it’s hard to win here bro that’s just facts! No disrespect to the teams that have came there and won not many, I can name. Few but they were monsters squads that one there u can count on one had how many came and won maybe 5 if that!!! So be careful what ya ask for!!!

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Don’t think u want to come to duplin county Good , I promise u that it’s hard to win here bro that’s just facts! No disrespect to the teams that have came there and won not many, I can name. Few but they were monsters squads that one there u can count on one had how many came and won maybe 5 if that!!! So be careful what ya ask for!!!

Coach knows it's hard to win at the Pound. That's the reason he wants to play there. Coach Moore is the honey badger, you dig. He don't give a damn.

Reactions: bud33345 and dogs79
Having Hodge back there is going to be quite the experiment. Not sure how effective he will be in the pass game trying to see over lineman, not sure who he would throw to? but I could see him having success in run/pass option if he can be a threat passing.

Having Hodge back there is going to be quite the experiment. Not sure how effective he will be in the pass game trying to see over lineman, not sure who he would throw to? but I could see him having success in run/pass option if he can be a threat passing.

It's going to be interesting

The 5'6 QB is now taking first team snaps at NE? How the one hit wonders have fallen so fast. Goob your saying this is some inside plan to go on the road in the postseason? But with this guy at QB, is the postseason still the goal for NE?

Currituck has pitched 3 straight shutouts while scoring 48,48,46. If they can hang around for the first half this could get VERY INTERESTING !!

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Am i reading this the right way in Thinking NE is losing on purpose so they will have to be on the road during the playoffs? This is the way some or one NE poster is making it sound.

Am i reading this the right way in Thinking NE is losing on purpose so they will have to be on the road during the playoffs? This is the way some or one NE poster is making it sound.

Yep, that is what there saying. Bus rides on cold and rain Friday nights heading down hwy 17. Ummm. Speechless.

The dumbest thing I have ever heard. They must be loaded with money to be willing to just give up home games

Currituck has pitched 3 straight shutouts while scoring 48,48,46. If they can hang around for the first half this could get VERY INTERESTING !!

Currituck is much improved and would win the ECC but NE should win even w/o our qb or top receiver

Maybe if they get down this way SWO can give em a ride back home in our LIMO BUSES ,,,,,,, :cool:
That's why I like you #1. You never get upset and always have a comeback line. I hope your there when we play, I'd like to hang out with you. Hopefully coach will get his wish and get to play you 3 in no particular order. I'm assuming swo would be a higher seed of the 3.

That's why I like you #1. You never get upset and always have a comeback line. I hope your there when we play, I'd like to hang out with you. Hopefully coach will get his wish and get to play you 3 in no particular order. I'm assuming swo would be a higher seed of the 3.

I dont know about the seeding. The way they do it now in conjunction with MaxPreps ratings I think its kind of screwed up. But in any case we will get something from 1-16. Got to play all the good teams no matter what !!

I dont know about the seeding. The way they do it now in conjunction with MaxPreps ratings I think its kind of screwed up. But in any case we will get something from 1-16. Got to play all the good teams no matter what !!
Yes I agree, I completely forgot about Maxpreps invovement.

Hopefully a time for NE to mend some injuries before the playoffs. NE and SWO feast on pastries while the ECC beats up on each other .....

I hate our (SWO) conference is weak, but with a young team it only helps. Same can be said of NE, they lost some big games, but now they have a chance to get healthy and still win games.

Well I know SWO for sure ....we like it there. Just have to De-Flea when we get back home ..... :mad:

If northeastern continues to play they way they r playing.Get ready for that 6 hour bus to red springs.Same conference as Fairmont,The school that y’all beat like jv team last yr first round.That trip is brutal on a football team .Same day

If northeastern continues to play they way they r playing.Get ready for that 6 hour bus to red springs.Same conference as Fairmont,The school that y’all beat like jv team last yr first round.That trip is brutal on a football team .Same day
Looking forward to that trip. Our kids live for playing on the road. That's what they asked for

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT