ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles

daagoob

Dec 4, 2010
Elizabeth City
Let me just get this out of the way before I write this post. SWO gets no respect from this Northeastern fan so please don't come up here trying to throw shade at our Eagles and our coach. We have one of the most talented teams in the state year in and year out and no question one of the best coaches in the high school rank. We have a dedicated coach in Antonio Moore who's heart bleeds green and gold. He had a couple opportunities this past year to take much higher paying jobs at powerhouse programs in both Nc and Va and turned them both down to stay at home and lead this Northeastern team to a state cship.Not only is he passionate about these kids he coaches but he is also a family man who puts God first in everything he does. He goes out of his way to get these kids the exposure and opportunities they need to take their game to the next level. Oh and to those who say we don't play anyone, please stop. Northeastern tried unsuccessfully to schedule both WRH and East Duplin this coming season. Coach even told them both that we would travel and play them on their home fields and they didnt have to return the favor. Please don't tell me this is not true because I can tell you I heard the conversation myself, I was present when one of the calls to the A.D.was made. Our coach will travel anywhere and will play anyone. He doesn't ask for anything in return, he just wants his kids to be able to go up against the best. As far as this year's Eagles we are loaded. I haven't seen our new qb but I trust coaches word when he says this kid is going to be a star. We also have a qb transferring in from the Raleigh area as well. Wait till everyone sees Lil Freshwater and how he looks now. This is Traveon Freshwater's (ECU) little brother. He is one of the fastest rising sophomores in the state and is already drawing attention from some of the biggest football programs on the D1 level. As a freshman last year he was leading the team in tackles before he got hurt and coach told me he is 100% focused on improving his game to try and become one of the best players in the country. He said he has been working extremely hard in the off season and has been a stand out player at all the camps. Newcomer transfer and 4* kicker Caleb Brickhouse from Gates County is going to be huge for the Eagles this yr. Caleb is one of the top kickers in the state and this kid puts in so much time practicing that it's unreal. Coach said he can't keep the kid off the field, all he wants to do is practice. I spoke to Caleb my own self and he told me that making the move to Northeastern to play under Coach Moore was the best decision he could make. He told me that since coming to Northeastern he has received attention from numerous D1 schools including the likes of Va Tech, UVA, Marshall and others and received a scholarship offer to play at Western Carolina. Keep in mind all of this has happened in the past few months and he has yet to play a game for the Eagles. This kid is going to be a star this yr and mark my words he will be turning heads and have major college recruiters coming to Elizabeth City to see him play. Also he has really hit the weight room hard and is repping over 300lbs. He said the weight and conditioning program at Northeastern is great. He told me Coach Moore has been beside he and his family every step of the way. Caleb is a preachers son and needless to say has a lot of support from his family and has a strong faith in God. On to Jerron Hinton, all I can say is Coach Moore says this kid may be the most improved player and has been tearing it up this offseason. He told me he's going to have a special year. Last but not least are two of the top players in NC, Sr. Adrian Spellman and Jr. Quasay Thomas. Both of these kids are future stars and played out of their minds in the state cship game. I know Quasay personally and he's a great kid who has so much potential it's not even funny. If he ever decides to get serious he's going to be a beast. He is an unbelievable talent who if he ever decides to dedicate more time in the weight room and practicing he will be a top player in the state. Even as of now he is getting looks from a handful of ACC schools including his dream school of UNC. Its going to be an exciting football season once again this year and I look forward to Northeastern playing either WRH or Clinton in the Eastern Cship. Northeastern's ooc schedule is DH Conley, Rose, Rocky Mt, Holmes, and Va power Indian River. Can't wait to see my friends from WRH and Otis from Craven County, you guys are great and I really appreciate you guys coming to Elizabeth City last fall and supporting us against SWO and that circus show. Also a big thanks to all the WRH fans who came to Raleigh to support NHS against Reidsville. What a great group of fans. I can tell you that our coach was extremely appreciative of that gesture and it didn't go unnoticed.

Last edited:
Goob thanks for always promoting Northeastern up here and shedding light on our town for many Years Elizabeth City has some of the best talent in the State but that was never recognized until the likes of Coach Moore came in and turned the program around, people like yourself promoting the program and our athletes up here so thank you. Got a question do you know anything about Traveon and ECU? I know he’s not enrolled seen an article regarding him not being cleared yet.

Reactions: daagoob
Goob thanks for always promoting Northeastern up here and shedding light on our town for many Years Elizabeth City has some of the best talent in the State but that was never recognized until the likes of Coach Moore came in and turned the program around, people like yourself promoting the program and our athletes up here so thank you. Got a question do you know anything about Traveon and ECU? I know he’s not enrolled seen an article regarding him not being cleared yet.
Oh no problem Eagle0818, I love Northeastern fb and I love the game day atmosphere in Elizabeth City on Friday nights. You are 100% correct about Coach Moore, he has an eye for recognizing talent and getting the most out of his players. His brand and style of play is fun and the players love it. Look no further than his interactions with our players during pregame warmups. These are just a few examples of why are program has been so successful under Coach Moore. One thing that I hated last yr and had a conversation with coach about was our kicking game. Last year we always squib kicked after we scored and our opponent always got great field position. Luckily for us we had one heck of a defense. Coach said no more squib kicking anymore. We have a kicker in Caleb Brickhouse who will be putting a lot of kicks in the end zone and many will be unreturnable. Even better, we have a kicker this yr who coach won't be afraid to put in on 4th down to split the uprights from 40 plus. That will make our team much more dangerous.

I have heard nothing on Traveon but hopefully he'll be fine and go on to be a star at ECU. He was their top recruit this year and would be seeing a lot of playing time as a freshman.

Reactions: dogs79

Here's the answer to your question in regards to Traveon.
http://www.reflector.com/ECU/2019/07/17/Freshwater-s-status-still-uncertain-at-ECU.html

Reactions: eagles0818
Coach Moore definately has a dedication not seen at other schools. He is tied to the community and even volunteers at the boys and girls club to get boys into football. Just check out a midget game and you can see the kids are on another level than the rest. He is a class act even among his conference foes.

Northeastern will have their hands full in the season opener on the road against Indian River. They are a lot bigger school with twice the number of students than us and located in an area of Va (tidewater) that is loaded with talent. They are coming of a very successful season and return most of their key players. Northeastern will be led by a new qb who although highly coveted will be put to the test early on the road against a very good opponent. I'm excited and can't wait to make the trip up to Chesapeake,Va to see the game.

Northeastern will have their hands full in the season opener on the road against Indian River. They are a lot bigger school with twice the number of students than us and located in an area of Va (tidewater) that is loaded with talent. They are coming of a very successful season and return most of their key players. Northeastern will be led by a new qb who although highly coveted will be put to the test early on the road against a very good opponent. I'm excited and can't wait to make the trip up to Chesapeake,Va to see the game.
I thought they started out at DH Conley again this year? Or do you think NE so good that Conley doesnt count? Lol

Last edited:
I thought they started out at DH Conley again this year? Or do you think NE so good that Conley doesnt count? Lol
Yeah my bad, Indian River is our 2nd game. No Im not overlooking Dh Conley or anyone for that matter, I'm just most looking forward to the game against Indian River. That's going to be a really hard game to win. I see they have the #10 ranked player in the Va's Fab 15 of 2020 recruits. https://pilotonline.com/sports/high...cle_0e7f80d6-a96d-11e9-be88-77f19e72a5f8.html

Well they say defense wins c'ships, and there's no denying that NHS defense is going to be nasty this year. Freshwater (So)and Spellman (Sr)are two of the best in the state.

Hey Dogs79, #2 Spellman was the kid from Northeastern you were so impressed with in regards to his play against Reidsville. I tell you what, I sure would like to see WRH vs NHS this year. After everything you told me about the two kids coming over from SWO, I think you guys are going to be really good. I'm not sure how good were going to be. A lots going to depend on how good our new qb is. I've heard nothing but good things, but we'll know a lot more after a couple of tough ooc games to start the season. I think coach did a great job in scheduling some good teams. I feel we may have a couple of losses heading into conference play. On the road against Indian River, Rose, and Rocky Mt. 3 schools that are a lot bigger and are coming off of good seasons. Throw in a highly talented and much improved Hertford County team, we will be battle tested for sure come playoff time.

Northeastern is ranked number 3 on one preseason poll

In my honest unbiased opinion that is to high. I love my team but with a new qb I believe we will struggle some early on, especially considering the tough schedule away from home. I do believe in coach Moore, and he told me the new qb is going to be a star. If I remember correctly, coach said the kid was 6'3 and had a cannon for an arm. I could be wrong about the height but I think that's what was said. I personally don't think think we'll beat Indian River (Va), but my team proved me wrong early on last yr. Regardless, it's not how your team starts, but how they finish. We have a great coach and an awesome defense so I think we'll be a contender come playoff time.

Yeah goob,that kid should be one the best in state. Defense does win championships. That's what won it for Reidsville last year in my opinion. I think you'll see Clinton or WRH in eastern Championship this year. I would enjoy going to Elizabeth City again.

Yeah goob,that kid should be one the best in state. Defense does win championships. That's what won it for Reidsville last year in my opinion. I think you'll see Clinton or WRH in eastern Championship this year. I would enjoy going to Elizabeth City again.

I am hoping we get matched up with the Dogs and get to travel and play at the Pound. Its so very early so we'll just have to wait and see how things play out. Northeastern's path to a #1 seed will be a lot harder this yr. It wouldn't surprise me if we ended up in the 4-6 range in seeding.

Dogs79, the 2 transfers from SWO were brothers? Did you tell me one of them will be your starting qb, or was it rb. I know you said they were both really good.

This kid will be sorely missed, he was one of the best to ever suit up here and was so fun to watch play. I'll never forget the SWO fans ridiculing him in pregame warmups when we played them in the eastern regional finals. Needless to say he absolutely put on a show that night and almost single handed beat them. He is a good kid and represented his school and community well. Im looking forward to seeing his lil brother play on Friday nights for the next couple of years. The coaching staff here says he may be even better than his brother if that's even possible. Traveon Freshwater was one special player.

Dogs79, the 2 transfers from SWO were brothers? Did you tell me one of them will be your starting qb, or was it rb. I know you said they were both really good.
Both are stallion4life sons. One is maternal. One will compete for QB and receiver. Other will play d line,some rb and te

This kid will be sorely missed, he was one of the best to ever suit up here and was so fun to watch play. I'll never forget the SWO fans ridiculing him in pregame warmups when we played them in the eastern regional finals. Needless to say he absolutely put on a show that night and almost single handed beat them. He is a good kid and represented his school and community well. Im looking forward to seeing his lil brother play on Friday nights for the next couple of years. The coaching staff here says he may be even better than his brother if that's even possible. Traveon Freshwater was one special player.

If it's taking him this long to get enrolled I don't think he's going to ECU...

Very possible, but I saw a post of his the other day that makes me think he may be ok. I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks. He was ECU's highest rated recruit and I know they are going to do everything in their power to get him eligible.

Goob I don’t think u wanna come to the pound!! It’s hard to win there at the Dogpound the atmosphere is electric on Friday Nights and the crowd super pumped ask OTIS He’s been a time or two, but we would welcome the eagles with OPEN ARM!! Loving Community Of People Too!!! So y’all would feel Right At Home!!

Goob I don’t think u wanna come to the pound!! It’s hard to win there at the Dogpound the atmosphere is electric on Friday Nights and the crowd super pumped ask OTIS He’s been a time or two, but we would welcome the eagles with OPEN ARM!! Loving Community Of People Too!!! So y’all would feel Right At Home!!

Oh yeah, have heard nothing but good things about playing there. The atmosphere, fans, and history is some of the best in Nc high school football. I love the Bulldog fans and really have a ton of respect for the program. I can say this, Coach Moore wants to play in Teachey really bad. He wants nothing more than to give his kids as many opportunities as he can to play against the top programs not only in our state but throughout the east coast. He did everything in his power this offseason to schedule WRH for the 2019 season at the Pound. I think things have set up well for the Bulldogs to have a great year and possibly win another cship. As far as my Eagles, it's to early to know a whole lot other than we have a super talented defense and a nasty kicking game thanks to the addition of Gates County kicker Caleb Brickhouse. I've never been more excited about a kicker, the kid is a beast.

That’s a blessing for him. He can go JUCO and get his grades right. Get bigger and acclimated with college ball and go off and play in a conference that he deserves to play in. He is ACC, SEC, BIG TEN caliber player. Doesn’t need to waste his time in the AAC.

That’s a blessing for him. He can go JUCO and get his grades right. Get bigger and acclimated with college ball and go off and play in a conference that he deserves to play in. He is ACC, SEC, BIG TEN caliber player. Doesn’t need to waste his time in the AAC.

If he did that it would not surprise me to see State get back in play. He wanted to go there.

Great post, I completely agree. Players like him don't come along very often. Family members told me he wanted to go to NC State more than anywhere but things just didn't work out. If he did have to end up having to go the juco route then I believe he'd eventually up at a major D1 program in the ACC or SEC. Hopefully for him he'll be able to play this yr in Greenville.

any of you eagle fans know if freshwater will qualify for ecu ? i know he’s the only recruit not on campus right now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT