ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles

Lackawanna CC would be a great place for Traveon. Or East Mississippi.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. The difference is that freshwater is a really good kid that never gets into any trouble. If you had the chance to meet and talk with him you would understand that he's cut from a different cloth. When those SWO fans were ridiculing him last year it was making me so mad because if they only knew how good of a kid he was they would never do that if they had any decency whatsoever. The kid is not only a star on the field but also in his community, I'm just hoping he can get his grades to where they need to be because he's an amazing player.

Not fb related but if anyone wants a good laugh check out this guy called Wild man Chris on YouTube. He is from Kinston and had my wife and I rolling. This guy is has a rap song called This City Sucks, lol. He is not quite all there. You have to see his videos he makes of his hometown.

Reactions: Otis4411
Not fb related but if anyone wants a good laugh check out this guy called Wild man Chris on YouTube. He is from Kinston and had my wife and I rolling. This guy is has a rap song called This City Sucks, lol. He is not quite all there. You have to see his videos he makes of his hometown.

I agree with him about Kinston. Never like going there.

Reactions: daagoob
Lol, I was thinking the same thing. The difference is that freshwater is a really good kid that never gets into any trouble. If you had the chance to meet and talk with him you would understand that he's cut from a different cloth. When those SWO fans were ridiculing him last year it was making me so mad because if they only knew how good of a kid he was they would never do that if they had any decency whatsoever. The kid is not only a star on the field but also in his community, I'm just hoping he can get his grades to where they need to be because he's an amazing player.
Yea I remember seeing something in the news that he did either right before or right after the State Championship game that says a lot about his character. Some kids just take longer to academically mature and it’s a good thing that JUCO can provide the athletes who couldn’t get it done in the classroom with one more opportunity to turn their future around. He is a exciting player please keep us up to date on where he is playing this fall

Just heard on the Patrick Johnson show interviewing Mike Houston that Traveon Freshwater is going to be in camp tomorrow with ECU. Houston fully expects him to play this year.

I'm going to like your post but I have to be on record saying it will make me sick to see him in purple. He is Wolfpack through and through.
My son is the producer and color commentator for the Patrick Johnson show. They were live on location at the preseason pirate preview party at Mellow Mushroom. I called my son and told him to ask the question about Freshwater's situation. Houston said he is on pace, that Traveon and his family have been so wonderful and helpful in making him eligible. Houston said they are some of the most down to earth people he has ever met and that he will be at camp tomorrow and that he is on pace.Yall are welcome lol

My son is the producer and color commentator for the Patrick Johnson show. They were live on location at the preseason pirate preview party at Mellow Mushroom. I called my son and told him to ask the question about Freshwater's situation. Houston said he is on pace, that Traveon and his family have been so wonderful and helpful in making him eligible. Houston said they are some of the most down to earth people he has ever met and that he will be at camp tomorrow and that he is on pace.Yall are welcome lol

Awesome news, he will shine in Greenville.

Reactions: bud33345
Yea I remember seeing something in the news that he did either right before or right after the State Championship game that says a lot about his character. Some kids just take longer to academically mature and it’s a good thing that JUCO can provide the athletes who couldn’t get it done in the classroom with one more opportunity to turn their future around. He is a exciting player please keep us up to date on where he is playing this fall

I believe he reached out to the coach at Reidsville to get in touch with a player who's father died the day of the c ship. Kid is one of a kind

He is a HUGE get for ECU. I would have felt the same way if he had made it into State.

He is a HUGE get for ECU. I would have felt the same way if he had made it into State.
He is a huge get for ECU no doubt. Has the potential to be one of the greatest players to walk through the Murphy Center in quite some time.After having some time to think about it, I'm not sure what else Houston could say. Patrick had a follow up question that was a bit of a head scratcher saying, "Freshwater is a projected starter on defense right?" Houston kinda shrugged that question with a low level "yeah" and changed the subject. So I figure 3 things may be the case here. Either 1 Houston still may have some doubt about the situation. Or 2 He just doesnt want to answer direct questions about Freshwater until it's a guarantee. Or 3 Houston is just careful with public perception of the situation and is careful to make sure he says the right things. Heck, it could be a mix of all 3. I think having Freshwater in camp is a good indication that Freshwater himself wants to be there and that Houston is somewhat optimistic that he will still be a pirate when this situation is over. Houston still said he expects him to be a pirate this fall. What else could he say?

I have confidence that Freshwater will get cleared but I don't think he will play this year. He needs to just red-shirt focus on his academics and get the support that he needs. Focus on the weight room and the playbook and he will still have 4 years to be a pirate.
That would be the ideal situation. If that is Mike Houston's intent he is holding it close to his vest. It's a delicate situation. I think Houston feels Freshwater is a better option at his position than what ECU has on the roster at this moment. Does Houston want him to redshirt? Will Freshwater be willing to redshirt? If he ends up being academically eligible and Houston decides to redshirt him will Freshwater be willing to sit out a year when he knows he could be a big contributor on most D1 teams as a true freshman? If they do decide to redshirt him will this sit well with Freshwater? Would he then look at the option of transferring next fall to say a team like the Wolfpack? I'm sure these are scenarios being discussed behind closed doors of the Murphy center. I'm sure no one outside the ECU confineds will know until right up to the minute a decision has to made.

No chance Mike Houston redshirts Freshwater if he's good to go. I don't see that happening. They better lock that young man up or he could quite possibly find his way to Raleigh. Best of luck to him, he's my favorite player ever at Northeastern.

Reactions: bud33345
No chance Mike Houston redshirts Freshwater if he's good to go. I don't see that happening. They better lock that young man up or he could quite possibly find his way to Raleigh. Best of luck to him, he's my favorite player ever at Northeastern.
Lol ECU will need him in every game if they want to win more than 3

Lol ECU will need him in every game if they want to win more than 3
Agree, we have to remember that this years recruiting class was not Houston's. For Freshwater to redshirt, Houston may have theoretically sold Freshwater on the idea of ECU being successful 2 or 3 years down the road and told Freshwater he wants him to be apart of that. It will all boil down to how deep Freshwater's loyalty goes with regards to ECU. I know the 2 other area recruits Keziah Everett and Jeremy Lewis had no intention of playing anywhere but ECU. Everette even told my son that if Alabama came calling and promised him the world he still would have picked ECU. He had dreamed of playing there since he was old enough to hold a football.

Agree, we have to remember that this years recruiting class was not Houston's. For Freshwater to redshirt, Houston may have theoretically sold Freshwater on the idea of ECU being successful 2 or 3 years down the road and told Freshwater he wants him to be apart of that. It will all boil down to how deep Freshwater's loyalty goes with regards to ECU. I know the 2 other area recruits Keziah Everett and Jeremy Lewis had no intention of playing anywhere but ECU. Everette even told my son that if Alabama came calling and promised him the world he still would have picked ECU. He had dreamed of playing there since he was old enough to hold a football.
Houston would be insane if he redshirted Freshwater, besides Ahlers Freshwater is the only Power 5 player he has on that team. It’s gonna take more than 2-3 years to turn around that shit show in Greenville.

Houston would be insane if he redshirted Freshwater, besides Ahlers Freshwater is the only Power 5 player he has on that team. It’s gonna take more than 2-3 years to turn around that shit show in Greenville.
Houston can't publicly admit that lol or have his players believe that. ECU lacks speed and Houston knows it. That's why every prospect camp this summer if a kid ran under 4.7 Houston was the first one there to shake the kids hand and introduce himself.

Glad this young man was admitted into school. When you do the right things good things happen to you. From what the article says he's still not cleared through the NCAA so like I stated earlier I think he will end up getting redshirted this year.

https://247sports.com/college/east-...eon-Freshwater-debut-joins-program-134135985/

ECU should at least be honest about how they got him. He did not choose ECU over State. To insinuate that in an article is a bold faced lie. I will pull for them in all games beside playing us but damn people be honest. I wish NC State would stop playing anyone that accepts partial qualifiers. When they win they want to brag and in situations like this lying dont bother them either. ECU is no longer a small town school. I realize they are not a power 5 school but they never will be with partial qualifiers.

ECU should at least be honest about how they got him. He did not choose ECU over State. To insinuate that in an article is a bold faced lie. I will pull for them in all games beside playing us but damn people be honest. I wish NC State would stop playing anyone that accepts partial qualifiers. When they win they want to brag and in situations like this lying dont bother them either. ECU is no longer a small town school. I realize they are not a power 5 school but they never will be with partial qualifiers.
This would hold more water if these partial qualifiers were 4 and 5 star recruits. We are talking 2 and 3 star recruits. Freshwater is a 3 star recruit on the cusp of 4 star. If ECU had any shot at 4 and 5 star recruits like the power 5 then they wouldn't take partial qualifiers. Fact is, NC State or any other power 5 team should have a easy time with ECU every year with the 4 star talent they have. NC State will be a heavy favorite going into week 1 and should blow ECU out. Something they haven't done in a decade. Citing partial qualifiers is low hanging fruit that really doesn't give schools that lose to ECU a legitimate excuse. I'm a fan of all NC collegiate schools, last thing I want to see is a power 5 NC school lose to ECU. Fact is, ECU plays up to those games like it's the super bowl. Lol

Last edited:
This would hold more water if these partial qualifiers were 4 and 5 star recruits. We are talking 2 and 3 star recruits. Freshwater is a 3 star recruit on the cusp of 4 star. If ECU had any shot at 4 and 5 star recruits like the power 5 then they wouldn't take partial qualifiers. Fact is, NC State or any other power 5 team should have a easy time with ECU every year with the 4 star talent they have. NC State will be a heavy favorite going into week 1 and should blow ECU out. Something they haven't done in a decade. Citing partial qualifiers is low hanging fruit that really doesn't give schools that lose to ECU a legitimate excuse. I'm a fan of all NC collegiate schools, last thing I want to see is a power 5 NC school lose to ECU. Fact is, ECU plays up to those games like it's the super bowl. Lol

Freshwater is a 3 star because he didn't do the camps like the 4 & 5 star kids. He can play with anyone. Should I remind you of 58-3???

Freshwater did the shrine bowl combine. Even by those numbers he is a 3 star/cusp 4 star. Yep I remember 58-3 thats what they should have done to that ECU team.Then State getting throttled in the gator bowl. State should beat ECU no excuses but the scores of 33-30, 42-28, and 33-27 are very fresh to most around NC. The Wolfpack should be vying for a playoff spot this year. I'm hoping so.

Northeastern defense should be pretty good this year with two of the top leaders in sacks at the 2a level returning. Traveon Freshwater's little brother Kaveon (Soph) is listed at 6'3 225 but I've been told he's bigger than that now. Both his parents are really tall and he'll probably end being around 6'6 or 6'7 by the time he graduates. This kid was leading the team in sacks as a freshman last yr until he got hurt. He didn't play at all in the playoffs which really hurt Northeastern. Coach Moore told me that he has been showing out at the camps and has the attention of all the big schools already.

://www.google.com/amp/s/www.highschoolot.com/quarterbacks-beware-these-are-the-top-returning-sacks-leaders-this-season/18504046/%3fversion=amp

Great article on him, I saw the Mike Houston interview yesterday
Yeah I'm glad the kid has somewhat of a plan moving forward. That coach that does the measurements really does need to read the correct side of the tape measure though. He has been getting height wrong for the past 3 years on alot of players. Freshwater is the tallest 6'1" I've ever seen lol

Freshwater did the shrine bowl combine. Even by those numbers he is a 3 star/cusp 4 star. Yep I remember 58-3 thats what they should have done to that ECU team.Then State getting throttled in the gator bowl. State should beat ECU no excuses but the scores of 33-30, 42-28, and 33-27 are very fresh to most around NC. The Wolfpack should be vying for a playoff spot this year. I'm hoping so.

I don't think they can get in the talk of the playoffs. State is still well behind Clemson as are all other ACC teams. I think we can be as good as the last 2 years though.

Northeastern defense should be pretty good this year with two of the top leaders in sacks at the 2a level returning. Traveon Freshwater's little brother Kaveon (Soph) is listed at 6'3 225 but I've been told he's bigger than that now. Both his parents are really tall and he'll probably end being around 6'6 or 6'7 by the time he graduates. This kid was leading the team in sacks as a freshman last yr until he got hurt. He didn't play at all in the playoffs which really hurt Northeastern. Coach Moore told me that he has been showing out at the camps and has the attention of all the big schools already.

://www.google.com/amp/s/www.highschoolot.com/quarterbacks-beware-these-are-the-top-returning-sacks-leaders-this-season/18504046/%3fversion=amp
If he has that kind of height at DE and even comparable speed of his brother he will get some SEC looks. I hope he stays in NC.

I don't think they can get in the talk of the playoffs. State is still well behind Clemson as are all other ACC teams. I think we can be as good as the last 2 years though.
Biggest question mark for State is QB. They need to get that figured out ASAP. I'm optimistic they will be better than last year but waiting this long to find "the guy" at QB has me worried.

Biggest question mark for State is QB. They need to get that figured out ASAP. I'm optimistic they will be better than last year but waiting this long to find "the guy" at QB has me worried.
Heard Matt Mckay was probably going to get the start. I know we have Leary and is Finley's little brother there this yr or is it next yr,
I can't remember.

https://www.highschoolot.com/root/video/18066911/

This presser brought back a lot of bad memories but hopefully there will be many more in the future with a lot different outcomes. Our Coach has the Northeastern program headed in the right direction and it's only a matter of time until we start winning c'ships here in Elizabeth City. As a gambling man I expect we may have a couple of losses early on with a very strong ooc schedule. I do believe we have a team that can win it all and by playoff time I believe we will be playing really good. Im most looking forward to seeing our new qb that coach spoke so highly of. If he's as good as advertised then we will be in good hands.

https://www.highschoolot.com/root/video/18066911/

This presser brought back a lot of bad memories but hopefully there will be many more in the future with a lot different outcomes. Our Coach has the Northeastern program headed in the right direction and it's only a matter of time until we start winning c'ships here in Elizabeth City. As a gambling man I expect we may have a couple of losses early on with a very strong ooc schedule. I do believe we have a team that can win it all and by playoff time I believe we will be playing really good. Im most looking forward to seeing our new qb that coach spoke so highly of. If he's as good as advertised then we will be in good hands.
I'm honestly surprised they haven't won one yet. They have had the talent. They have been battle tested in non conference. I'm not sure what happens deep in the playoffs but they seem to lose to lesser teams in my opinion. They remind me of Tarboro so much without the chips.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT