ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles

Biggest question mark for State is QB. They need to get that figured out ASAP. I'm optimistic they will be better than last year but waiting this long to find "the guy" at QB has me worried.

This is college. They just started practicing for the season the first of Aug. You don't decide on a qb in spring. McKay certainly got their attention in spring but if Leary can settle down and get to the point that he is able to look to see what the defense is doing instead of thinking of what the offense is doing he will have a chance to start. He can make all the throws.

Reactions: bud33345
This is college. They just started practicing for the season the first of Aug. You don't decide on a qb in spring. McKay certainly got their attention in spring but if Leary can settle down and get to the point that he is able to look to see what the defense is doing instead of thinking of what the offense is doing he will have a chance to start. He can make all the throws.
Yep its college, no matter what the coach Dorean says in the first practice I think he has a guy in mind. The guy at this point looks like McKay.

Hey goob. Has your coach tried to line Tarboro up?
I would love to see it happen. I can guarantee, It will be a huge gate lined up for both teams. A complete sell out with people standing on top of cars in the parking lot!

Reactions: dogs79
I'll give a hot take here on the Tarboro vs Northeastern possibility. Here it goes. I'm willing to bet Southwest Edgecombe would love to take Tarboro off their schedule, but with a tagline for the rivalry "Function at the Junction" SWE is stuck in that misery of losing to Tarboro for eternity it seems. I think its plausible the top 2A teams would want to steer clear of Tarboro for the foreseeable future. I know Northeastern is GAME and coach has shown he will play solid non conference foes. This game has the makings of being a game Northeastern can't get out of year in, year out, if it becomes as epic as it has the makings to be.

Reactions: dogs79
I'll give a hot take here on the Tarboro vs Northeastern possibility. Here it goes. I'm willing to bet Southwest Edgecombe would love to take Tarboro off their schedule, but with a tagline for the rivalry "Function at the Junction" SWE is stuck in that misery of losing to Tarboro for eternity it seems. I think its plausible the top 2A teams would want to steer clear of Tarboro for the foreseeable future. I know Northeastern is GAME and coach has shown he will play solid non conference foes. This game has the makings of being a game Northeastern can't get out of year in, year out, if it becomes as epic as it has the makings to be.
I agree,almost totally. Not sure NE really wants to play Tarboro. Tarboro can beat almost anyone in 2a.

I agree,almost totally. Not sure NE really wants to play Tarboro. Tarboro can beat almost anyone in 2a.
I dont think there is any team afraid to play Tarboro. Northeastern I think would welcome it for a year or 2. Problem is, I believe the money and interest it would produce at the gate would put Northeastern in a situation where the AD and principal will pressure coach Moore to add Tarboro to the schedule on consistent basis. I dont think any 2A team wants the misery SWE is in.

If a loss to Tarboro could help teams like WRH, Northeastern, then maybe. Not sure a win would help. To many good 2a,3a and 4a WRH can play. I'm a big fan of Tarboro and Northeastern. It can only help Tarboro

Southwest Edgecombe was a pretty good team last year too. Made a deep run in the playoffs. Tarboro beat them, and controlled them easily throughout "The function at the junction"

If a loss to Tarboro could help teams like WRH, Northeastern, then maybe. Not sure a win would help. To many good 2a,3a and 4a WRH can play. I'm a big fan of Tarboro and Northeastern. It can only help Tarboro
I agree with you there. Problem with Northeastern is the conference they play in. They just dont have strong gates across that conference. NE probably draws the biggest crowd consistantly other than maybe Hertford and Bertie square up in their rivalry.

The games I have been to with teams you mentioned like WRH, Tarboro, Clinton, have much larger support. They even travel well. Northeastern has been smart to schedule teams like Rose and Conley those fan bases travel pretty well for the area and Northeastern has benefited from having those teams play in Elizabeth City. I have to think the principal and AD like that extra boost to the pocket book. Southwest Edgecombe is in a situation where they rely on that "function at the junction" money. I could easily see Northeastern falling in that same scenario. I for one think it would be a win for me. I would definately want a ticket lol

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
I agree with you there. Problem with Northeastern is the conference they play in. They just dont have strong gates across that conference. NE probably draws the biggest crowd consistantly other than maybe Hertford and Bertie square up in their rivalry.
Yeah, I know WRH looks for big gates. We only have 4 home games this year. Clinton and ED are big gates

Reactions: bud33345
Yeah, I know WRH looks for big gates. We only have 4 home games this year. Clinton and ED are big gates
Ohhhh don't give me that.. you guys will see a few extra home games in the playoffs lol. Heck yall might even get an extra Clinton game if the seeding works out right. I know that's a big gate! Lol

Ohhhh don't give me that.. you guys will see a few extra home games in the playoffs lol. Heck yall might even get an extra Clinton game if the seeding works out right. I know that's a big gate! Lol
If we lose to WF,Havelock,and Clinton, we probly get one

If we lose to WF,Havelock,and Clinton, we probly get one
WF is a tall order. I have you guys playing them pretty tough till the 4th. I think yall may have a shot at Havelock. Clinton, well, you can throw any logic out the window when yall square of with them. It's a toss up.

Yep its college, no matter what the coach Dorean says in the first practice I think he has a guy in mind. The guy at this point looks like McKay.

Leary out performed Lawrence (Clemson Qb) in one of the camps they both competed in so Leary has the ability. Doeren has to see that he is comfortable. It would be great if Leary could win the job. I think we will be ok no matter who wins the job.

Leary out performed Lawrence (Clemson Qb) in one of the camps they both competed in so Leary has the ability. Doeren has to see that he is comfortable. It would be great if Leary could win the job. I think we will be ok no matter who wins the job.
Wow. Lawrence is a hell of a talent. If state has a guy like that on the roster Doeran need to play him or "off with his head"! Lol

Reactions: daagoob
I'm honestly surprised they haven't won one yet. They have had the talent. They have been battle tested in non conference. I'm not sure what happens deep in the playoffs but they seem to lose to lesser teams in my opinion. They remind me of Tarboro so much without the chips.
So close last year, I honestly thought we would beat Reidsville. We had so many more athletes. Aside from that game Northeastern took care of business against everyone else and made winning look easy in the playoffs. We will win one soon, we just had one of the top kickers in the state relocate here to play for Northeastern and three of Pasquotank Highs best players also transferred to play for Coach Moore. I'm excited to see our new qb play. I saw him listed at 6'3 which is perfect for a qb imo. If he's as good as I've been told then we have a legitimate shot at getting that coveted c ship. There are some really talented teams in the east this yr with WRH,Clinton, and Whiteville all having a good shot at winning the east. Whoever wins the east this yr will have earned it.

So close last year, I honestly thought we would beat Reidsville. We had so many more athletes. Aside from that game Northeastern took care of business against everyone else and made winning look easy in the playoffs. We will win one soon, we just had one of the top kickers in the state relocate here to play for Northeastern and three of Pasquotank Highs best players also transferred to play for Coach Moore. I'm excited to see our new qb play. I saw him listed at 6'3 which is perfect for a qb imo. If he's as good as I've been told then we have a legitimate shot at getting that coveted c ship. There are some really talented teams in the east this yr with WRH,Clinton, and Whiteville all having a good shot at winning the east. Whoever wins the east this yr will have earned it.
Reidsville has been in that game so many times. After a while with that kind of experience you just kinda will your way to a win. I thought Northeastern had it covered in all aspects of the game. Hats off to Reidsville they did what champions do.

Who are the three from Pasquotank?

Don't know their names or positions. Spoke with an unhappy father of one of the younger coaches over there. He's a good friend of mine but he's not a fan of NHS. He and I are always butting heads when it comes to the Northeastern program. He thinks we are dirty and that we poach players from other teams in our district.

Don't know their names or positions. Spoke with an unhappy father of one of the younger coaches over there. He's a good friend of mine but he's not a fan of NHS. He and I are always butting heads when it comes to the Northeastern program. He thinks we are dirty and that we poach players from other teams in our district.

I mean if they want to play for a better program I don't see the problem. Pasquotank football hasn't been relevant ever. They beat Northeastern once since the school opened in 2000. It helps Coach Moore has been around since 2005. Meanwhile Pasquotank's had 8 different coaches in 19 years.

https://carolinapreps.com/teams/frontend/coach/coachDetails/628/155

https://carolinapreps.com/teams/frontend/teampage/allTimeRecords/157

Where and when is Northeastern scrimmaging this year?
Usually they go to Riverside-Williamston on Thursday then host their own on that Friday. That's my assumption. The one they're hosting they tend to bring in some schools from the Hampton Roads area

I know this is Northeastern thread,but dem Bulldogs are going to have a great season. We'll see y'all in Eastern Championship. Mercy,we strong!

Here's my prediction for the season:
Conley- W
@ Indian River- L
@ Rose- W
Rocky Mt- L
Edenton- W
Central VA Disciples- W
Hertford County- W
@ Currituck- W
Bertie- W
First Flight- W
@ Pasquotank- W

9-2 is my prediction. Indian River is going to be tough; #6 in 5A rankings in VA. Rocky Mt has a D1 guy on their team with Keeshawn Silver that I would keep an eye on (https://247sports.com/Player/Keeshawn-Silver-46057590/). Other than the Edenton game they should run through the NCC once again (48-4 this decade in NCC).

Here's my prediction for the season:
Conley- W
@ Indian River- L
@ Rose- W
Rocky Mt- L
Edenton- W
Central VA Disciples- W
Hertford County- W
@ Currituck- W
Bertie- W
First Flight- W
@ Pasquotank- W

9-2 is my prediction. Indian River is going to be tough; #6 in 5A rankings in VA. Rocky Mt has a D1 guy on their team with Keeshawn Silver that I would keep an eye on (https://247sports.com/Player/Keeshawn-Silver-46057590/). Other than the Edenton game they should run through the NCC once again (48-4 this decade in NCC).
Let me get this right goob! You are picking Northeastern to lose against Rocky Mt?

The Rocky Mount games Tarboro and NE will play will be a good measuring stick as to how a NE vs Tarboro matchup would look like. Granted the Tarboro game is week 1. Neither team will have hit there stride.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT