ADVERTISEMENT

Owen has their coach

owen98

Jul 20, 2006

He is saying all the right things and if he is a man of his word then what he is saying has to be done. It has to start at the youth level. That is an area that has been neglected going back to before Ford left. No other coach has taken the necessary steps and poured into that level like it has needed for over 2 decades. If he does then I expect in 6-8 years for Owen to compete for conference titles and playoff wins again. If he doesn’t then it’s going to be the same old story. I feel that the community is ready to jump in with both feet if he does. The baseball and basketball programs have had very good support at the youth level recently. This is much needed!!

It is also entirely possible that he can be successful soon at the high school level. There is a lot of young talent but we need more numbers

Yes, I can't speak for this year but last year Owen only fielded a Termite and Mite team and they had approximately 23-24 players between both both. No Peewee or midget teams. If those numbers do not improve, Owen High does not improve. That's just simple math.

That being said I hope Owen sees a resurgence. The gritty, "Valley" mentality needs to return.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT