ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles

They are averaging 50+ points a game so far thru 4 games and the most they've given up is 7. That's impressive. They played Currituck, First Flight,Bertie,and Pasquotank.

Reactions: dogs79
What you think goob? Do you think Edenton can or will win this game? What does Edenton need to do?
Edenton can absolutely win this game. They will push Tarboro this yr. They just blew out a much improved Currituck on the road. They have a rb who is top 5 in the country in rushing yards. The qb is the coaches son and they have a coach who has won a state title in 4a classification if I'm not mistaken. Northeastern will not be able to stop Stanley but if they can hold him to around 100 -150 yards then I think we win the game. We need a healthy Freshwater to help out Spellman,Thomas,Lister,and Staten. Also we have to contain the corners, If Stanley gets outside one on one he's gone!! On the flipside I don't think they can stop our qb. Aside from the Rocky Mount game he has been unbelievable. Hodge,Hinton,Riddick,and Thomas have been playing lights out. Hodge is all of 5'5 and has been unstoppable at receiver. Kid plays like he's 6'5. He's like a honey badger, he don't give a damn. Hit me Hodge!!! To early for a score predict from me at this point. Our kicker Caleb Brickhouse may be the deciding factor. I think he will be called on in clutch time Friday night

This is just a nasty hit, NE weight room and conditioning program is really good. Caleb told me he was repping 225 15 times and couldn't even do close to that before he arriving on campus last February.

This is just a nasty hit, NE weight room and conditioning program is really good. Caleb told me he was repping 225 15 times and couldn't even do close to that before he arriving on campus last February.
I just got to say, for a 40 yard kick to only net 5 yards it should have never came down to the kicker making the play. That to me stands out more than the tackle. But I'm an x's and o's guy. Lol

It will be interesting to see what the pundits say about 2A in the polls. I think what happened last night helped teams like SWE. They are 2 teams in my backyard in 2A that are gaining some momentum and they are in the same conference. Ayden Grifton and dare I say North Lenoir. I think Ayden Grifton could be top 10 worthy at some point in the season. North Lenoir has been a huge surprise thus far. Looking at their schedule they could win out or end up with a loss or 2 over quality 2A teams and get a good seed. Just 2 teams to be aware of and not to overlook as the season moves along.

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob
I don't think people realize that Edenton is a rival to NE. It's easy to assume every team NE plays will get their best shot but when it comes to a rival there shouldn't be any dispute that the underdog will play up for a rival game. Those west trolls kill me with the "NE got beat by a little ole 1A". They dont get it because their 1A teams never leave 1A and stay there for 100 years lol. Edenton is a great team and if not for Tarboro would have a few more championship banners. Much like Tarboro, just because they are not 2A anymore doesn't mean they can't beat a top 2A team still. This game should be seen no different than the winner of the function at the junction. You lose to a rival but both teams are still cream of the crop in their respective classes.

Not a good or expected loss that is my take on getting down on NE. I do respect that rivalry games can turn into trap games.

If it is more respect NE is looking for, they must beat all schools in lower classifications, and beat someone not all in higher classification.

Tuff loss for NE, but they will bounce back.

Not a good or expected loss that is my take on getting down on NE. I do respect that rivalry games can turn into trap games.

If it is more respect NE is looking for, they must beat all schools in lower classifications, and beat someone not all in higher classification.

Tuff loss for NE, but they will bounce back.
I agree it's a tough loss. Edenton is a good 1A school that has played in 2A and can still beat good 2A teams. They played close last year and to be honest if NE lost to Edenton last year it probably would have helped that team with focus in the championship game where they were more athletic than the Reidsville team. When Southwest Edgecombe loses to Tarboro does that make them any less a contender? If you think so I feel there will be some humble pie served with a side a crow come playoff time. Just like last year for SWE. Northeastern isn't looking for respect in my opinion. They have gained that long before this season. What they are looking for is a ring. This loss doesnt do a single thing to derail that goal and I think coach Moore knows it. Tough game against Havelock next week then into conference play where Hertford county feels they have a shot. Come playoff time this game will be a distant memory for fans but will still be fresh for NE coaches and players, that may be what gets them over the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Northeastern needs a championship soon. I am from Onslow county, and Northside Jacksonville is also a school I feel needs a championship to get the respect they truely deserve, of course NE is good we can all see that.

Anyway off to another week, and it's conference time so for all schools handling your conference is the first order of business.

Northeastern needs a championship soon. I am from Onslow county, and Northside Jacksonville is also a school I feel needs a championship to get the respect they truely deserve, of course NE is good we can all see that.

Anyway off to another week, and it's conference time so for all schools handling your conference is the first order of business.

Couldn't agree more. As Bud stated earlier this loss may actually help NE and it's certainly not an end all. As I've stated earlier in previous threads, the east is absolutely loaded this year. Whoever wins it will have earned it. We've also learned that no one is invincible this year, including Reidsville. When the smoke clears I truly believe NE will win the east and exact revenge on Reidsville in a rematch this December.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
Been quite awhile since NE has lost 2 in a row. No chatter on twitter either from NE from what I understand. Must be busy knocking pads off the sleds, running 20 miles a day, eating spinach for supper, and littering the Ecity streets with alot of empty Wheaties cereal boxes this week. Lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT