ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern Eagles

Great win for NE. Looks like a strong field for the East 2A this year. To bad we wont be a part of it.

Reactions: daagoob
I came away impressed. #4 Freshwater & #2 Spellman, these have to be two of the best in the state. That poor qb for Indian River, he was hit so hard that I was shedding tears for him. MVP'S.

Great Goob just to let u know it’s a defense in Wallace that is probably gonna be the best d in 2A this year

I came away impressed. #4 Freshwater & #2 Spellman, these have to be two of the best in the state. That poor qb for Indian River, he was hit so hard that I was shedding tears for him. MVP'S.
I agree. Those kids were legit last week. Conley has a decent oline even then they had to chip with big #7 to keep those guys from doing anymore damage than they did. They passed the eye test for me. NE will go as far as those kids take them. Great win for NE!

Bud, I will be there. If your there then we should meet up.
That would be cool. I'll be in Durham Wednesday for a meeting. 6pm would cut it kinda close for me. If I can work it out, I'll definately go.

Spellman & Freshwater are in a class of their own. Our defense is for real. Everyone of the 757 high school football highlight shows was talking up our Northeastern Eagles and how they took down the top team in the 757. We understand here how big a win this was. That Indian River team was loaded with talent. We have another huge game on the road Wednesday night against Rose. I have no clue what's going to happen but I do know this, Freshwater is just a sophomore. Let that sink in. We are here to stay.

That would be cool. I'll be in Durham Wednesday for a meeting. 6pm would cut it kinda close for me. If I can work it out, I'll definately go.
Okay, Id like to talk to your son about something if he's there. I know you said he worked for the radio station (sports)

He'll actually be producing the NE vs Rose broadcast so he won't make it. He'll be in studio, on air, doing the pregame and doing updated scores of all games. He won't be at the game because he has to be at the town bank tower for ECU early the next morning to interview players and coaches (media day) for upcoming home game.What do you want to ask? Youngest son will be at practice for South Central unless game changes.

Last edited:
Actually he told me all of this could change depending on what scheduling changes that may be made tomorrow.

He'll actually be producing the NE vs Rose broadcast so he won't make it. He'll be in studio, on air, doing the pregame and doing updated scores of all games. He won't be at the game because he has to be at the town bank tower for ECU early the next morning to interview players and coaches (media day) for upcoming home game.What do you want to ask? Youngest son will be at practice for South Central unless game changes.

Just wanted to see if we could get some exposure for our pro event coming in Oct that has 13 international players and 6 players who are currently ranked in the top 15 in the world including the #1 player

Do yall get 107.9 out of greenville up there? Or any innerbanks media station up there that you know of? 107.9 greatest hits.103.7 WTIB talk, 96.3 new talk, 94.3 the game. 104.1 today's hits.
107.9 has a big audience all over Eastern NC. That's the best one. He can see what it would take to do either of those. Not sure if he could mention it out of the blue on the sports show? May have some sponsorship conflicts.
We get 94.3 obx 94.1 VA beach
My number 252 455 2129

I think both of those teams are ripe for the picking for WRH. Havelock is coming off a loss to New Bern who is a run heavy team with some passing. I think Havelock is having some confidence issues right now. Same can be said for Wake. Even though they bounced back last week it's still pretty clear they are not as strong at the line of scrimmage as they once were. The time is right for WRH to take advantage of both those teams.

Reactions: daagoob
I think both of those teams are ripe for the picking for WRH. Havelock is coming off a loss to New Bern who is a run heavy team with some passing. I think Havelock is having some confidence issues right now. Same can be said for Wake. Even though they bounced back last week it's still pretty clear they are not as strong at the line of scrimmage as they once were. The time is right for WRH to take advantage of both those teams.

I agree, I think wrh beats Havelock. Not sure about Wake Forest, but it will be a good game.

Reactions: dogs79
I guess the only question I have is just how good were SWO and East Bladen? I want to see how the dogs do against Havelock. I know Northeastern played 2 tough opponents on the road and won both. Indian River was the real deal. They have a back who's already committed to the cheats, and they have one of the top receivers in Va. That qb of theirs was really good as well but our guys were blowing thru their offensive line and putting a hurting on that kid. Honestly I dont know how he finished the game. I value the opinions of my good friend Dogs79 and if he says WRH is no joke this yr then I believe him. They have handled business so far this yr regardless of who good or bad their opponents were. My Eagles used to get ridiculed up here all the time because of our sos. This yr that won't be the case. Wednesday night we play our 3rd straight road game at Greenville Rose. When we return home we have Rocky Mt,Edenton, and Havelock in ooc. That's no easy road there.

Reactions: dogs79 and bud33345
I guess the only question I have is just how good were SWO and East Bladen? I want to see how the dogs do against Havelock. I know Northeastern played 2 tough opponents on the road and won both. Indian River was the real deal. They have a back who's already committed to the cheats, and they have one of the top receivers in Va. That qb of theirs was really good as well but our guys were blowing thru their offensive line and putting a hurting on that kid. Honestly I dont know how he finished the game. I value the opinions of my good friend Dogs79 and if he says WRH is no joke this yr then I believe him. They have handled business so far this yr regardless of who good or bad their opponents were. My Eagles used to get ridiculed up here all the time because of our sos. This yr that won't be the case. Wednesday night we play our 3rd straight road game at Greenville Rose. When we return home we have Rocky Mt,Edenton, and Havelock in ooc. That's no easy road there.
I would vote that NE has the toughest non confrence in the state. WRH has a tough non conference as well. Even though Wake forest may be down a bit, make no mistake, they are still one of the top teams in the state. That game will be a pretty good gauge as to where WRH is this season. Conley's offensive line handled NE's dline pretty well in the first half. After coach Moore made that halftime adjustment they have been teeing off on QBs ever since. Who knows? Maybe indian river has d1 skill players but an average oline? It's still early in the season there is alot of football to be played and there is no telling what may emerge come mid Oct. There is alot of unknowns at this point. The only thing I have seen, that I know 100% is that an average oline will not be good enough against Northeastern. The rest of the 2A will need to take notice and plan accordingly.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
I would vote that NE has the toughest non confrence in the state. WRH has a tough non conference as well. Even though Wake forest may be down a bit, make no mistake, they are still one of the top teams in the state. That game will be a pretty good gauge as to where WRH is this season. Conley's offensive line handled NE's dline pretty well in the first half. After coach Moore made that halftime adjustment they have been teeing off on QBs ever since. Who knows? Maybe indian river has d1 skill players but an average oline? It's still early in the season there is alot of football to be played and there is no telling what may emerge come mid Oct. There is alot of unknowns at this point. The only thing I have seen, that I know 100% is that an average oline will not be good enough against Northeastern. The rest of the 2A will need to take notice and plan accordingly.
Passing teams are going to have a rough time against Northeastern's defense and WRH's. Both defense will be in your backfield,quickly. I don't know how Conley's QB made it. He only had time to throw quick outs and d backs were playing Conley's receivers tight.

What kinda team is Trask dogs79? Is it worth me taking a trip to wallace tomorrow/Tuesday?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT