ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern/Currituck

BigBird12

Nov 25, 2013
Northeastern comes in 4-3 losing three straight while Currituck comes in 5-2. Thoughts and predictions?

Let me guess, NE by as much as they want and NE fans will take any bet?

If NE is going to make a run ,they need to start showing it now. Losing three straight and "planning" loses to play on road in playoffs. NE looks like who they are right now. You can't mess with kids minds like this. I don't think NE going to recover this year. I hope I'm wrong,but I don't think so.

Reactions: bud33345
If NE is going to make a run ,they need to start showing it now. Losing three straight and "planning" loses to play on road in playoffs. NE looks like who they are right now. You can't mess with kids minds like this. I don't think NE going to recover this year. I hope I'm wrong,but I don't think so.
I like you guys, but I have to call it like I see it. This team is in big trouble. Hodge is a great kid, and has talent but there is little chance he can salvage this season for NE. He hasn't played a competitive snap at the varsity level at QB. In my opinion, the tough non conference has taken its toll on this team. They are beat up, unable to execute, and the team morale seems low in my eyes. It's nice to go out and play the best schools in the state week in and week out as a 2A but you do that at your own parrell. Unless you have a second string that is talented enough to win your conference, and a third string that can play spot duty, there is no advantage to that type of schedule. If NE wants to win tomorrow night against Currituck they better learn how to run #7...period. Even if they do that I dont think it will be a blowout but they will get the win by a couple scores. If they try to rely on Hodge to get the win it's going to get ugly I think. Run the ball with #7 and work in the QB (Hodge) as you get leads in games. That should be the formula for this team going forward. We will see what happens. 28-14 NE.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
Im not afraid to say this, I think Northeastern will win the 2a east. I'm not concerned where we're at because I know what's going on. I know clinton,wrh,whiteville, and swo are all capable of winning. I also know that if northeastern plays the way we did the first 4 games then we have nothing to worry about, the east is ours to lose

Im not afraid to say this, I think Northeastern will win the 2a east. I'm not concerned where we're at because I know what's going on. I know clinton,wrh,whiteville, and swo are all capable of winning. I also know that if northeastern plays the way we did the first 4 games then we have nothing to worry about, the east is ours to lose
You need to add to that list Goobs. Hertford County, Southwest Edgecombe, and dare I say WEST CRAVEN! (Where ya at otis?!!) Can all win. HC and West Craven will prolly be big 2A but SWE is on the tight rope and could fall either way. If SWE goes small I feel like they will hurt some teams high Hope's in November in the 2A east playoffs.

Reactions: dogs79
You need to add to that list Goobs. Hertford County, Southwest Edgecombe, and dare I say WEST CRAVEN! (Where ya at otis?!!) Can all win. HC and West Craven will prolly be big 2A but SWE is on the tight rope and could fall either way. If SWE goes small I feel like they will hurt some teams high Hope's in November in the 2A east playoffs.

HC will go big, yes SWE is good. I also like Northeastern by 14 tomorrow. Really looking to see how Hodge performs. We know he can run, question is can he throw. I've been told that he throws really well, but that doesn't mean anything to me. I'm just waiting for the playoffs when everyone is rested and back. We will have the opportunity to rest a lot of our starters and play JV a lot in the remaining games

Reactions: bud33345
HC will go big, yes SWE is good. I also like Northeastern by 14 tomorrow. Really looking to see how Hodge performs. We know he can run, question is can he throw. I've been told that he throws really well, but that doesn't mean anything to me. I'm just waiting for the playoffs when everyone is rested and back. We will have the opportunity to rest a lot of our starters and play JV a lot in the remaining games
I agree, that needs to be the plan for them. Even that plan will hinge on how they look tomorrow.

2a east will be a gauntlet. Now is the time to start showing that your one to contend. I think it's going to be WRH or Clinton that comes from the East
SWE is a very physical team. They run right at you and the backs hit defenders in the chops to finish off runs. As it gets cooler those hits hurt and breaks a defenses will. When they pass, #11 is a weapon that is a mismatch against anyone in the state at 2A. If they stay big no problem for WRH or Clinton. If they go small, the waters could get very choppy and make for some great football. You know me, I'm rooting for good football! Lol

SWO#1, if your back in the area and Northeastern/SWO matchup where to take place then I'd like to hang out with you. I'm by no means a sore loser, sometimes I even have more fun when we do lose. I don't get all serious like a lot of people do
2a east will be a gauntlet. Now is the time to start showing that your one to contend. I think it's going to be WRH or Clinton that comes from the East

We all love our teams

Reactions: SWO-#1
If SWE goes 2a then the east playoffs start to look like some great match ups from 1st round all the way to the finals. I am happy that NE and WRH look at least beatable so that gives allot of teams a shot. I once thought NE and WRH were locks. I also thought SWO would be really terrible, but they are finding there way a little (huge line again).

SWO#1, if your back in the area and Northeastern/SWO matchup where to take place then I'd like to hang out with you. I'm by no means a sore loser, sometimes I even have more fun when we do lose. I don't get all serious like a lot of people do
We all love our teams

Would be a pleasure goob. Ya never know I just might be back that way this fall. It all depends on how my other interests play out. I like to sit on the top around the 45 yard line, right in front of the visiting team spotters at the Corral.

I just like to see good football. I applaud good play by both sides. Sometimes that means SWO loses but I dont get upset. I've seen em win big and lose big and every thing in between. Let both teams take care of business the rest of the season and we'll see.

GO STALLIONS

Reactions: daagoob
Would be a pleasure goob. Ya never know I just might be back that way this fall. It all depends on how my other interests play out. I like to sit on the top around the 45 yard line, right in front of the visiting team spotters at the Corral.

I just like to see good football. I applaud good play by both sides. Sometimes that means SWO loses but I dont get upset. I've seen em win big and lose big and every thing in between. Let both teams take care of business the rest of the season and we'll see.

GO STALLIONS
Yeah I don't think Northeastern would beat swo to bad this yr. We'd probably only win by a couple tds.:D:D Just joking, it would be a coin flip imo. swo and NE teams don't exactly like each other.

Yeah I don't think Northeastern would beat swo to bad this yr. We'd probably only win by a couple tds.:D:D Just joking, it would be a coin flip imo. swo and NE teams don't exactly like each other.

I dont think it a matter of Dislike, just hurt pride and disappointments deep in the playoffs. We've whacked you and you us. I'm sure both teams feel a little pay back is in order. Thats what good competitive programs do. We both just have to play the game, listen to coaches and not let feelings get in the way. Sometime they get to wrapped up in emotional stuff and forget football stuff.

Ya'll play well tonight and I hope SWO does also.

I dont think it a matter of Dislike, just hurt pride and disappointments deep in the playoffs. We've whacked you and you us. I'm sure both teams feel a little pay back is in order. Thats what good competitive programs do. We both just have to play the game, listen to coaches and not let feelings get in the way. Sometime they get to wrapped up in emotional stuff and forget football stuff.

Ya'll play well tonight and I hope SWO does also.

Not sure what to expect tonight #1. Our qb is out for a few. It should be interesting, we have a little speedster playing qb tonight. May work, may not. I just want to secure the W

Reactions: SWO-#1
Northeastern was playing so bad that I had to leave. We look horrible, the only bright spot for us was that Currituck missed 2 fgs. Is there a worse football team in 2a east, I don't think so. One wouldn't think that this is the same team that will win the east but they will. It's tough to watch my team right now but I know that coach knows what he's doing.

Freshwater played amazing in the 2nd half. I lost track of how many sacks and tackles he had. Plus forced a couple of fumbles. Our kicker was lights out in 2nd half also. He kept pinning them back on every punt. Whenever we get our guys back then we should be just fine come playoff time

Just so everyone understands how bad northeastern's offense is right now keep in mind that Edenton throttled Currituck earlier. We have to get our qb back for playoffs.

This game went almost how I thought it would go. NE is going to have to find a way to run the ball and move the chains. You have to simplify plays and be able to run those plays well when you are struggling. Pratice should consist of running simple plays over and over with simple assignments till the team has perfected it. This should not be hard to figure this out, with where this team is right now.

This game went almost how I thought it would go. NE is going to have to find a way to run the ball and move the chains. You have to simplify plays and be able to run those plays well when you are struggling. Pratice should consist of running simple plays over and over with simple assignments till the team has perfected it. This should not be hard to figure this out, with where this team is right now.
There is no running game at Northeastern.Hodge was actually pretty good at quarterback tonight. He made a couple of nice passes that were caught, and a couple of long passes that were very well thrown but our receivers didn't make the play. Hodge is our teams best receiver and it really hurts not having him out there. NE will finish second in our conference.

There is no running game at Northeastern.Hodge was actually pretty good at quarterback tonight. He made a couple of nice passes that were caught, and a couple of long passes that were very well thrown but our receivers didn't make the play. Hodge is our teams best receiver and it really hurts not having him out there. NE will finish second in our conference.
I am aware there is no run game at NE but they will have to find one no matter who is at QB. Currituck has struggled against the pass and that will show itself again next week when they play Hertford county. NE and Hertford county will have to be able to run in the playoffs or else it will be one and done for both teams. I am a Hertford county alum/former player and I support those teams in that conference to play well. Without a run game they will not sustain drives against good defenses and will lose games against better teams.That was the back breaker for NE in the HC game not being able to run the clock and hold the lead. It also killed them in the Havelock game. NE has a good enough defense to win against anyone in 2A but the run game has held back the NE offense and has been a major factor in the losses. In my opinion, NE has to get back to what sealed the win for them at Rose. That was a beautiful adjustment by coach Moore in that game. At this point of the season they have to get back to that if they want to have a chance even if Brady is the NE QB. Which Brady is, just not the NE in question. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT