ADVERTISEMENT

Northeastern/Currituck

Well were screwed lol. Neither #7 or #5 could move the ball at all against a Currituck County team. Now that's bad, I'm just saying. I love my Eagles but we just need to throw throw and throw some more and hope we get lucky like HC did and connect on a few.

Reactions: bud33345
Well were screwed lol. Neither #7 or #5 could move the ball at all against a Currituck County team. Now that's bad, I'm just saying. I love my Eagles but we just need to throw throw and throw some more and hope we get lucky like HC did and connect on a few.
That's what I dont understand. I get you guys have issues running to the edge, but for gawd sakes could they at least go up the middle with #7 and just have the olinemen just get in the way of the defense at least? Lol. I do not understand what's so hard about that? Even the worst teams I have ever witnessed, with the smallest lineman, can at least make 4 or 5 yards out of that on a regular. NE is not the worst team I've ever seen by a long shot. So why not get that one simple play down pat in practice and evolve the offense around it? 14-7 is a ugly game against a team like Currituck. You gotta...RUN THE DAMN BALL MAN! Lol

That's what I dont understand. I get you guys have issues running to the edge, but for gawd sakes could they at least go up the middle with #7 and just have the olinemen just get in the way of the defense at least? Lol. I do not understand what's so hard about that? Even the worst teams I have ever witnessed, with the smallest lineman, can at least make 4 or 5 yards out of that on a regular. NE is not the worst team I've ever seen by a long shot. So why not get that one simple play down pat in practice and evolve the offense around it? 14-7 is a ugly game against a team like Currituck. You gotta...RUN THE DAMN BALL MAN! Lol

Our guys don't run north south, they run east west lol.
That would be fine of we had a Freshwater or Walker but we dont. Quasi #10 isnt fast but he's big and strong and pushes the pile. He's great for those short yardage runs and redzone plays but isn't going to breakaway on a long run and take it to the house. He's got the attention of a handful of D1 schools including both UNC and State. I expect he'll have a lot of suitors come his senior yr

Seemed a tough game for the Eagles. But you came out with the win. Congrats and keep it going. Hope your team gets well for the playoffs. If its your time you will find a way to win, good, bad or ugly. If we could would lend you some of our North South runners, we got a few ..... :cool:

That's the kid I'm talking about, Quasi. He can get yards even if they are not big chunks. It's not pretty but ANY and I mean EVERY SINGLE POSTER on this 2A board will tell you, You can win championships with that kind of football. Make it simple, get him the ball on 1st and 2nd down and see where you are at on 3rd down to decide whether to give him the ball again. He moved the chains easily against Rose. That's why teams like Tarboro, WRH, SWO, and Murphy win championships. Those teams do this with even less talent than NE has on the roster currently. They run the ball, pass when they have to, and let their good defense control the game. It should be a no brainer. The dont have to change the entire offense to a wing T style to do this and be successful. Keep the offense the same, let Hodge get comfortable, but let Quasi be the horse they ride into the playoffs. That's exactly what NE needs to do at this moment until/IF Biggie can come back under center at QB. If they want to have any success they need to assume Biggie is not coming back and this is the only way they can salvage the season in my opinion.

Last edited:
That's the kid I'm talking about, Quasi. He can get yards even if they are not big chunks. It's not pretty but ANY and I mean EVERY SINGLE POSTER on this 2A board will tell you, You can win championships with that kind of football. Make it simple, get him the ball on 1st and 2nd down and see where you are at on 3rd down to decide whether to give him the ball again. He moved the chains easily against Rose. That's why teams like Tarboro, WRH, SWO, and Murphy win championships. Those teams do this with even less talent than NE has on the roster currently. They run the ball, pass when they have to, and let their good defense control the game. It should be a no brainer. The dont have to change the entire offense to a wing T style to do this and be successful. Keep the offense the same, let Hodge get comfortable, but let Quasi be the horse they ride into the playoffs. That's exactly what NE needs to do at this moment until/IF Biggie can come back under center at QB. If they want to have any success they need to assume Biggie is not coming back and this is the only way they can salvage the season in my opinion.

Yes!!!! 100%

Bud I know Coach reads these threads. I hope he reads this post and implements what your saying from here on out. Quasi #10 can't be stopped on short yardage plays. He is so big and powerful that he drags everyone. I like what I saw out of Hodge #8 at qb last night. Had our receivers held onto the ball better then he would've had an outstanding game. He performed well his first time under center. Hodge will be just fine to finish out our regular season but we're gonna need Biggie back under center and Hodge at receiver come playoff time for us to have a legitimate shot at winning it all. I know the team that we put on the field our first four games can easily send us back to the ship.

Seemed a tough game for the Eagles. But you came out with the win. Congrats and keep it going. Hope your team gets well for the playoffs. If its your time you will find a way to win, good, bad or ugly. If we could would lend you some of our North South runners, we got a few ..... :cool:

Such a great post as usual #1. I couldn't agree more, and yes we really struggled in the first half against an average Currituck team. Now in the second half our defense was as good as its been all year. They definitely showed everyone what all the hype was about. Freshwater showed why he was a pretty season all american. If he could continue playing like that from here on out then we will be in great shape. He was phenomenal

Reactions: SWO-#1
Such a great post as usual #1. I couldn't agree more, and yes we really struggled in the first half against an average Currituck team. Now in the second half our defense was as good as its been all year. They definitely showed everyone what all the hype was about. Freshwater showed why he was a pretty season all american. If he could continue playing like that from here on out then we will be in great shape. He was phenomenal

It's always said and will always be true ..... "Offense wins games, Defense wins Championships". A Good defense SHOULD look good against an average or even above average team. They keep you in the game against the biguns. Our D line pounded the center for Pender all night. after the 1st qtr he got real squirrely on the snaps. Also make the QB pay even when he throws it for completions. That boy was flat wore out the second half. If a reciever makes a catch put him down hard. After a while they start hearing footsteps and know whats coming. Do we get more than our share of flags ..... Yes we do, but are aggressive and lay the wood most every play.

Reactions: daagoob
Bud I know Coach reads these threads. I hope he reads this post and implements what your saying from here on out. Quasi #10 can't be stopped on short yardage plays. He is so big and powerful that he drags everyone. I like what I saw out of Hodge #8 at qb last night. Had our receivers held onto the ball better then he would've had an outstanding game. He performed well his first time under center. Hodge will be just fine to finish out our regular season but we're gonna need Biggie back under center and Hodge at receiver come playoff time for us to have a legitimate shot at winning it all. I know the team that we put on the field our first four games can easily send us back to the ship.
I don't think coach Moore needs to read these post. Lol. I believe he knows good and well what he has in Quasi and the run game. I think when coaches get into the heat of the moment and a team like HC starts throwing the ball all over the place sometimes they feel like they have to shoot it out against them. We have a great coach in Andy Tew here at South Central and fell for the same thing against HC when we could have torched them in the run game all night. Funny thing was we didn't even use or best passing QB. Lol. HC just made one more play than us after we lost kids to injuries on the last drive. You and I watched NE get into a shootout with Rose the first half. We saw coach Moore go to Quasi in the second half. I believe he is saving that kid for the playoffs and is just trying to survive the conference schedule. I feel like the HC and the Currituck game should have been times he went back to Quasi on offense. I don't blame coach Moore for not sticking to Quasi against Havelock and Edenton as those games are not as important as the conference schedule. When he did use him against Havelock, NE did have success on that drive got into the red zone then he stopped using Quasi. He may just wanted to see if Quasi could do it against an elite defense in the state. If that's the case, he showed he could, mission accomplished. HC was probably heat of the moment like I stated. He may have felt Currituck was no threat to win and decided to try some new things on offense with Hodge. Only one that knows is coach Moore. All I can do is speculate and wonder for my own entertainment. The expectations for SC isn't no where near what they are for NE and I am not trying to compare that. SC has never had 3 consecutive winning seasons in their short history (school has only been around 16 seasons) so a winning record and a playoff berth will be a good season for us. NE is championships or bust! Lol. So that may be the reason he hasn't turned Quasi loose!

Last edited:
For those of you who would like to see our new qb well here's a glimpse. I think he played well his first time out at a new position and he definitely adds a new dimension to our team with him being under center till playoffs. Keep in mind that Holden is only 5'6 and maybe 160lbs.

Reactions: SWO-#1
Im not afraid to say this, I think Northeastern will win the 2a east. I'm not concerned where we're at because I know what's going on. I know clinton,wrh,whiteville, and swo are all capable of winning. I also know that if northeastern plays the way we did the first 4 games then we have nothing to worry about, the east is ours to lose

Northeastern is not winning the East and I am a Northeastern fan

Northeastern is not winning the East and I am a Northeastern fan

I would think the winner of Clinton/WRH friday will be the favorite in the East this year. But there is also NE, SWO, and some others with a good chance also. We will have no impact on opinions until the playoffs. The only way to go after friday is down unless they keep on winning.

I would think the winner of Clinton/WRH friday will be the favorite in the East this year. But there is also NE, SWO, and some others with a good chance also. We will have no impact on opinions until the playoffs. The only way to go after friday is down unless they keep on winning.
Southwest Edgecombe can beat any team in the 2A east if they go small. They will throw a wrench into the playoffs.

Agree once again.

Unless they play WRH or Clinton second round I don’t see a chance of them losing them. Let’s not forget they beat Conley Rocky Mt and Indian River before they got banged up. These next 3 cupcakes should give them time to heal and be ready to roll. I sure don’t want my Randleman team facing them early!!

Unless they play WRH or Clinton second round I don’t see a chance of them losing them. Let’s not forget they beat Conley Rocky Mt and Indian River before they got banged up. These next 3 cupcakes should give them time to heal and be ready to roll. I sure don’t want my Randleman team facing them early!!

Bingo!!! You are 100% correct. The team I saw show up and play Indian River Va and Rocky Mt can play and beat any 2a team in Nc. People need not forget that we will be well rested and ready come playoff time. If our qb returns then no team in the east will want to face us.

How is Randleman doing this yr?

Bingo!!! You are 100% correct. The team I saw show up and play Indian River Va and Rocky Mt can play and beat any 2a team in Nc. People need not forget that we will be well rested and ready come playoff time. If our qb returns then no team in the east will want to face us.
That's the problem "IF" the QB returns. If his arm was in a sling as it was reported, it could be anything from a broken collarbone/clavicle to a broken forearm. I'm no doctor but unless the healing time has changed from my playing days with such injuries, he more than likely will not be back this season.

Which team is Northeastern? The team that beat Conley,Rocky Mt,and Indian River or the team that is positioning itself to play on the road against teams like SouthWest Edgecombe,Clinton,WRH, Whiteville and SWO. I don't see this year's Eagles recapturing that magic. I think it's mental more than physical at this point. We will see.

Which team is Northeastern? The team that beat Conley,Rocky Mt,and Indian River or the team that is positioning itself to play on the road against teams like SouthWest Edgecombe,Clinton,WRH, Whiteville and SWO. I don't see this year's Eagles recapturing that magic. I think it's mental more than physical at this point. We will see.
I think it's a combination of both mental/physical. Looking back at that schedule on the road traveling from the Northeastern part of the state is without a doubt, physically demanding in of itself. By the time they get to Edenton at home I feel they were a team completely taxed out mentally and physically. Even in those non conference wins they took a beating. I think the mental aspect comes in when you have that kind of success early and leave it all out on the field it becomes frustrating when you try to play good teams like Hertford county but it becomes hard for you to compete and execute a gameplan when you can't make the plays with the same physicality. Anyone who has seen the 3 losses for NE should agree they are not as physical as they were, especially on the oline. It's a head scratcher for me if you have a QB that can play like Proctor did, why put him in those tough games knowing that if he goes down you don't have a clear answer at the QB position to win games against your biggest competitor in your conference? Playing a tough schedule is nice and all but when it comes down to doing what's smart to win come playoff time, it pays better in the long run to test your team in spots in the non conference like WRH did. Northeastern just went out every week in non conference against some true heavyweights and now they seem to be punch drunk with the boxing gloves by the ears trying to keep from being knocked out. It's hard to watch, its kinda like Roy Jones Jr late in his boxing career. I admit I was a huge fan of their schedule but now I dont see where it has benefited NE at all. What NE needs is a spark on offense from Quasi or some some kid from jv that has shown to be lightening in a bottle. Do they have that jv kid? Will they give Quasi a chance to provide that spark? It's my experience that nothing provides a spark more than a RB going beast mode on a team. It can change the entire culture in a lockeroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
To answer your question, In my opinion, NE is the team that lost to Hertford county at this point in time. They can jump out early on a good 2A team but are completely gassed with no depth come the mid of the 3rd quarter. Their hasn't been a single game all season where they could rest their starters and get the win. Its showing to be costly now. Maybe they get a chance the rest of the season? They sure as hell need to play better to able to do that.

Last edited:
To answer your question, In my opinion, NE is the team that lost to Hertford county at this point in time. They can jump out early on a good 2A team but are completely gassed with no depth come the mid of the 3rd quarter. Their hasn't been a single game all season where they could rest their starters and get the win. Its showing to be costly now. Maybe they get a chance the rest of the season? They sure as hell need to play better to able to do that.
NE will be just fine. If I'm not concerned then you know everything's aok

Have anybody up here seen currituck quarterback play that boy can play especially run did anyone see the WRH game last week did you see there QB he was just like that and I mean just like that

Have anybody up here seen currituck quarterback play that boy can play especially run did anyone see the WRH game last week did you see there QB he was just like that and I mean just like that
JD,that was RB Cameron Dalrymple. He played QB from the gun. He played pretty well.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: dogs79
I think it's a combination of both mental/physical. Looking back at that schedule on the road traveling from the Northeastern part of the state is without a doubt, physically demanding in of itself. By the time they get to Edenton at home I feel they were a team completely taxed out mentally and physically. Even in those non conference wins they took a beating. I think the mental aspect comes in when you have that kind of success early and leave it all out on the field it becomes frustrating when you try to play good teams like Hertford county but it becomes hard for you to compete and execute a gameplan when you can't make the plays with the same physicality. Anyone who has seen the 3 losses for NE should agree they are not as physical as they were, especially on the oline. It's a head scratcher for me if you have a QB that can play like Proctor did, why put him in those tough games knowing that if he goes down you don't have a clear answer at the QB position to win games against your biggest competitor in your conference? Playing a tough schedule is nice and all but when it comes down to doing what's smart to win come playoff time, it pays better in the long run to test your team in spots in the non conference like WRH did. Northeastern just went out every week in non conference against some true heavyweights and now they seem to be punch drunk with the boxing gloves by the ears trying to keep from being knocked out. It's hard to watch, its kinda like Roy Jones Jr late in his boxing career. I admit I was a huge fan of their schedule but now I dont see where it has benefited NE at all. What NE needs is a spark on offense from Quasi or some some kid from jv that has shown to be lightening in a bottle. Do they have that jv kid? Will they give Quasi a chance to provide that spark? It's my experience that nothing provides a spark more than a RB going beast mode on a team. It can change the entire culture in a lockeroom.

Good post, I agree with 80% of it

Really enjoy going back and reading these old threads. Bud you actually had some really good posts that now are coming to fruition

Looks like your Eagles have done something that is almost unheard of. My dogs couldn't make it happen.

Hey John, I tried to tell everyone those losses were part of the plan. Coach Moores plan has almost worked to perfection. We didn't want the #1 seed this year. Our coaches wanted to play for the Eastern C ship on the road. With a win Friday the plan would be complete

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT