ADVERTISEMENT

North Davidson 22 Ledford 10

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
Sloppy game, flag fest rivalry. North killed themselves with penalties and didn't get into rhythm enough. Ledford with a nicer defense than I thought, they played hard. Their offense didn't score a point.

Reactions: bkknights93
Got to get 99 healthy and cut down on the stupid penalties and bad decisions. Ledford scored all of their points on a pick 6 on a really dumb desperation shovel pass and a field goal after about 60 yards worth of penalties on one drive. The worst thing is that I think the penalties were legit, except for the bogus late hit call when the ref wouldn't blow the whistle.

Congrats to the boys though. They hung in and got it done. It will be nice to be at home for the next three weeks if we can keep winning.

Also - I can't believe Ledford didn't do more to get Reich some touches, especially when their offense went nowhere all night. Not a single jet sweep, no wildcat, nothing. They weren't very effective getting it to him in the passing game.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Reich was a non factor in this game. He had maybe 3 catches for 20 yards, without having a stat sheet I think.

#99 Stephens got a helmet to the knee he should be back healthy Friday night (hopefully) gonna take him to get it checked out Monday morning just to be on the safe side

Still can not believe that we can NOT figure out special teams....There is a breakdown/issue every week. It would be laughable if it wasn’t such a travesty.....what should have been a strength this year is instead a weakness. I hope it doesn’t cost us a game before the season is over. Really no excuse that the coaching staff can not figure it out.

Last edited:
Still can not believe that we can NOT figure out special teams....it’s a new breakdown/issue every week. It would be laughable if it wasn’t such a travesty.....what should have been a strength this year is instead a weakness. I hope it doesn’t cost us a game before the season is over. Really no excuse that the coaching staff can not figure it out.
I hope we work a lot on picking up blitzes, too.

The ND defense played GREAT again last night. Technically they only gave up 3 points, but in reality, Ledford's offense never scored a point. That shovel pass for the pick 6 was a mistake a freshman QB would make. Don't try to make a play that is not there. Let's be sure to give Ledford's defense a lot of credit as well. I thought the Panther's "D" was fantastic. I heard they were pretty good, and they showed it last night. You have to remember that Dickie Cline is over at Ledford again, and if there is one thing that man can do, it is coach a defense. He can make 175 lb. LB's play like their 6'4" 225.

Now, to the real problem last night. Penalties. Yes, I get it, this is a HUGE rivalry in Davidson County no matter what the overall series record is (ND now leads 41-4-1). I know it will get chippy out there sometimes, but I thought the Knights played very undisciplined football at times last night. I mean, on one drive Ledford only moved the ball because ND committed , what, 45 yards in penalties!! That is unacceptable! I thought the offense was flat out horrible last night. The QB made some really bad throws to WR's that were wide open. The offensive line, at times, seemed to be blocking ghosts and were doing a lot of standing around. Offensively, last night, ND did not put on a clinic, but I guess you can give Ledford credit for coming in with a great defensive game plan.

Rant over, congrats to the Black Knights for winning the 2017 CCC championship! Get healthy, clean up the stupid penalties, and get ready for the "Second Season"!!

This is good. Ledford gave exactly what they needed before the playoffs begin. A good challenge and a clear look at real areas needing improvement. We won so we sit pretty for playoff seeding ( dang that stupid tabor game, they do us in again).

I hope Flynn rips these boys. Proud of them, but some tough love to get focused is needed because 13 flags is not focused. Football is a three phase game. We may have been destroyers on defense last night, but we’ll need to be at our BEST at all 3. East duplin, Shelby and south Point will not be so forgiving.

Congrats though fellas. Always great to be conference champs. Now be even better!

I don't know about y'all but I was very disappointed with the number of fans from Ledford. I thought it was gonna be like some end of the year games we had with Davie.

To be fair, Davie is used to winning at times... Ledford fans are probably confused. "What, we have a good team?!"

I dunno... I kind of expected the East Davidson fans to be there too, since they had a bye. The crowd was good, but not nearly as good as I expected... It would REALLY HELP if Ledford would make some new bleachers for the away side! They suck lol!

I dunno... I kind of expected the East Davidson fans to be there too, since they had a bye. The crowd was good, but not nearly as good as I expected... It would REALLY HELP if Ledford would make some new bleachers for the away side! They suck lol!
They really suck have to climb over people to get up in bleachers!!

The worst thing is that I think the penalties were legit, except for the bogus late hit call when the ref wouldn't blow the whistle.
HATE when they do that; seems like an epidemic some games with zero out of five of them blowing a whistle when a play's obviously over....nothing good can happen...you could see a bogus turnover when the ball gets ripped away (when defense has a legit gripe if whistle didn't blow), when a guy is tackled or forward progress was obviously stopped and there should have been a whistle, or you can see a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct for guys doing their job of playing/blocking/tackling until the whistle, which could escalate into a more serious event that does warrant multiple flags and maybe ejections

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT