ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps 3A Poll - Week 10

In all the years of posting on NC Preps, I think I can count on one hand the number of winning seasons Smithfield-Selma has had. I know for darn sure they've never been undefeated at this point in the year.

You thinking Dudley?
As of right now yeah and KM, SP. I still have to see East Lincoln play a good team. They do have a legit defense, a good two way player at DB/WR and a good QB. I want to see KM and East Lincoln play just to see how they match up. Both teams strengths are the other teams weakness. In the East right now I’m leaning towards Havelock and Jh Rose but I have to see how they look when they play in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
As of right now yeah and KM, SP. I still have to see East Lincoln play a good team. They do have a legit defense, a good two way player at DB/WR and a good QB but they don’t have an offensive line or a running game. I want to see how it holds up against the 3 teams I listed. I want to see KM and East Lincoln play just to see how they match up. Both teams strengths are the other teams weakness. In the East right now I’m leaning towards Havelock and Jh Rose but I have to see how they look when they play in 2 weeks.

East is pretty wide open. I don't think it is a favorite. I think Dudley is a top 10 team.

I can’t believe seventy first ahead of northern nash they haven’t played anyone
Lets just put things in perspective Northern Nash has not beaten but one winning team this season. Everyone else is 500 or worst. That is the definition of not playing anyone.

Seventy-First has played a schedule similar to everyone else. Seventy-first beat pine forest, jack britt, and Cape Fear who all could win Northern Nash's conference. King's mountain was hyped up last year too. Havelock and Rose are not as good as they were last year let's be honest. Havelock lost to a 4-4 southern durham team who just lost to a 3-5 south granville team.

Put the drugs down man. You must haven't seen enough.
I will give them another look and see how they look. I do know they got some big boys. I’m going to come back to this and tell you what I see from them.

Last edited:
Seventy-First has played a schedule similar to everyone else. Seventy-first beat pine forest, jack britt, and Cape Fear who all could win Northern Nash's conference. King's mountain was hyped up last year too. Havelock and Rose are not as good as they were last year let's be honest. Havelock lost to a 4-4 southern durham team who just lost to a 3-5 south granville team.
That’s why I said I have to see how they look when they play in 2 weeks. The East is more wide open than the west though in my opinion.

That’s why I said I have to see how they look when they play in 2 weeks. The East is more wide open than the west though in my opinion.

Yeah the west is more open this season. Oak Grove will be more of a threat then I thought. I still have either Kings Mountain or Dudley right now.

Yeah the west is more open this season. Oak Grove will be more of a threat then I thought. I still have either Kings Mountain or Dudley right now.
I was thinking the same thing after watching them. They might not necessarily win against the top teams but they were definitely are better than I thought. I would have East Lincoln in that group as well but they haven’t played one good team. From watching them though, you can still see the talent regardless of competition.

Kings Mountain has beaten Shelby, Asheville, Burns, and South Point. Slow down with the slander, your schedule isn’t the same. All of those teams are likely to be favored over 71st in a head to head matchup. Also KM played a ton of young kids last year in what was suppose to be a rebuilding year. There was overachievement not over hype. 71st always seems to have size and athleticism most years but get it right. Focus on the east first before looking west.

Last edited:
I must admit, Seventy-First looks solid. Good size and the quarterback is legit.

Dudley is definitely a top ten team, if we being honest than I will say top 5 team. Also teams like Crest and West Charlotte are going to give people fits. South Point will not be a good matchup for any team that hasn’t seen that type of offense of have the defensive personnel to fight them in the trenches. There are going to be some great second round games in 3A and possibly an upset or two in the first round if a number #1 seed draws the wrong lower seeded team. I think the 3A playoffs will be the most competitive from top to bottom of all the divisions.

Reactions: daletec and New3ra
Something to chew on. If Crest is somehow able to pull off a win over Kings Mountain which is possible by the way, you will potentially have a KM or South Point coming out of their conference as a much lower seed playing one of these ranked teams early in the playoffs.

Something to chew on. If Crest is somehow able to pull off a win over Kings Mountain which is possible by the way, you will potentially have a KM or South Point coming out of their conference as a much lower seed playing one of these ranked teams early in the playoffs.
As of right now I don’t see it happening but either team will still be a problem for some of the high ranked teams early regardless if they win against KM or not.

Dudley is definitely a top ten team, if we being honest than I will say top 5 team. Also teams like Crest and West Charlotte are going to give people fits. South Point will not be a good matchup for any team that hasn’t seen that type of offense of have the defensive personnel to fight them in the trenches. There are going to be some great second round games in 3A and possibly an upset or two in the first round if a number #1 seed draws the wrong lower seeded team. I think the 3A playoffs will be the most competitive from top to bottom of all the divisions.
It’s going to be crazy. People also have to keep in mind last year no 1 or 2 seed even made the championship game last year in both 3A and 4A. Not saying it will happen again but it’s possible.

Reactions: shutdownD24
As of right now I don’t see it happening but either team will still be a problem for some of the high ranked teams early regardless if they win against KM or not.
I agree KM should win but any team that’s willing to chuck the ball over 40 times a game with a super elusive qb and with most of those attempts going to a D1 caliber wideout is always a threat. Potentially a 3 loss Crest team is going to go on the road and play a higher seeded team who may not have played the same caliber of teams Crest has faced.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Kings Mountain has beaten Shelby, Asheville, Burns, and South Point. Slow down with the slander, your schedule isn’t the same. All of those teams are likely to be favored over 71st in a head to head matchup. Also KM played a ton of young kids last year in what was suppose to be a rebuilding year. There was overachievement not over hype. 71st always seems to have size and athleticism most years but get it right. Focus on the east first before looking west.
Listen their schedules aren't the same, but lets be honest none of those teams you have listed are as good as they have been in past years. I just am not sold on the Cleveland county fight club theory, maybe in years past, but not at the moment. And I didn't slander kings mountain I stated a fact that they were hyped up last year. Nobody on their schedule is lighting the world on fire. That is the plan to focus on the east first bucko.

Last edited:
Reactions: New3ra
In all the years of posting on NC Preps, I think I can count on one hand the number of winning seasons Smithfield-Selma has had. I know for darn sure they've never been undefeated at this point in the year.
SSS was a pretty solid program in the 80's, but have not seen this success since Carlos Hines was QB in the mid 90s

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Listen their schedules aren't the same, but lets be honest none of those teams you have listed are as good as they have been in past years. I just am not sold on the Cleveland county fight club theory, maybe in years past, but not at the moment. And I didn't slander kings mountain I stated a fact that they were hyped up last year. Nobody on their schedule is lighting the world on fire. That is the plan to focus on the east bucko that's why I don't get why 71st was brought up concerning the western teams anyway. We all have to get there first yall worry about Dudley.
Shows what you know or on this case don’t know. Burns has probably the best team they have had in years and are odds on favorites to win the state in 2A. Shelby is Shelby, they did not lose to any scrubs. Asheville returned most of a team that should have beaten Mallard Creek in the second round of playoffs last year. South Point is extremely strong and we still have Crest coming up. As least our schedule prepare us to face other good teams such as Dudley. We will be battle tested if we meet unlike some others I know. The 2A teams in our conference play a tougher schedules than your team Bucko since you want to go there. For the record I’ve always respected the football talent in Fayetteville and the surrounding areas.

Shows what you know or on this case don’t know. Burns has probably the best team they have had in years and are odds on favorites to win the state in 2A. Shelby is Shelby, they did not lose to any scrubs. Asheville returned most of a team that should have beaten Mallard Creek in the second round of playoffs last year. South Point is extremely strong and we still have Crest coming up. As least our schedule prepare us to face other good teams such as Dudley. We will be battle tested if we meet unlike some others I know. The 2A teams in our conference play a tougher schedules than your team Bucko since you want to go there. For the record I’ve always respected the football talent in Fayetteville and the surrounding areas.
Shelby isn't shelby. And shoulda coulda woulda about asheville beating mallard creek. South Pointe is not that strong and neither is crest. Lol, the 2a teams are playing weak teams man be for real. If you think that 71st schedule isn't as formidable as almost every other team in the state you kidding yourselves. They beat who is on the schedule case closed. But lets just see how this thang plays out because you played almost the same schedule last year and it didn't get you to ready for Dudley. Good luck on the remainder of the season tho.

Reactions: Kylar2018
Shelby isn't shelby. And shoulda coulda woulda about asheville beating mallard creek. South Pointe is not that strong and neither is crest. Lol, the 2a teams are playing weak teams man be for real. If you think that 71st schedule isn't as formidable as almost every other team in the state you kidding yourselves. They beat who is on the schedule case closed. But lets just see how this thang plays out because you played almost the same schedule last year and it didn't get you to ready for Dudley. Good luck on the remainder of the season tho.
For the most part you are clueless but Seventy First is a legit team though. They look good on video. If I had to guess, it will probably come down to you guys, Havelock, and maybe JH Rose in the east. I added JH Rose because most east teams are horrible at defending a legit passing game. See you down the road if our teams get there.

Kings Mountain or East Lincoln will win it all this year. Just my observation.
Kings Mountain, Dudley in the west. EL hasn’t faced a good team yet. Not saying they can’t beat everyone and don’t look good but I just can’t put them there yet until they play someone. They are pretty much the same team as last year except the teams they played have fell off bad like Statesville for example. KM has been my pick for majority of the year but they do have a few areas that are concerning to me, that I feel can potentially cost them depending on the match up.

Last edited:

Havelock lost because they had 4 turnovers not because southern was the better team but I hear u lol we will see come playoff time I’m willing to bet someone from our conference takes u out yet again

Also all the teams 71st has played cannot pass like jh rose havelock or even jacksonville but again we will see 😂

I’m not saying y’all ain’t good or don’t have a chance I just don’t see how y’all better than northern nash but get emotional idc lol

• Haha
Kings Mountain, South Point and Crest will make some noise in the West this year. Burns and Shelby will make deep runs as well in 2a. Cleveland County Football hasn’t dropped off.
He’s delusional man don’t mind him if he thinks king mountain over rated he gonna have a rude awakening if king mountain and 71st make it to states

Reactions: NC Joker
And you can say southern only has one bad lost which is their last lost those first 3 teams would beat 71st also
We shall see, won't we? if turnovers matter so much, then Rose shouldn't have been in the Championship game, let's be honest. 71st lost to Rose last year because of 2 fumbles, one on a drive that would have given them the lead. Let's not forget the long pass that was called a catch near the goal line lol the ball was on the ground 2 seconds before the guy fell on the ground. When the Refs called it a catch, the Rose player was surprised. You guys are full of yourselves for nothing, New Bern is the only legit team in that conference this year, and it shows. But that is why we play the game see you guys in a couple of weeks.

He’s delusional man don’t mind him if he thinks king mountain over rated he gonna have a rude awakening if king mountain and 71st make it to states
You are delusional if you think any team in 3a is doing to demolish that 71st team. No one in 3a is going to manhandle 71st. kings mountains, space mountain, or black mountain, it doesn't matter it will be a good game. It won't be 69 points scored, I know that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT