ADVERTISEMENT

My revised 2A East projections at 1:30 AM when RPI refreshed

tarheelg

Sep 21, 2001
Creedmoor, NC
I know a few scores are not in yet, with JK/WRH suspended late and Vance Co/JF Webb not playing on Friday (not sure if they're playing Saturday morning or not), but there were a few shake ups, and remember this could change again when more scores get added from these two, plus any others not in yet at last refresh:

If this holds, some of the potential 2nd Rd matchups are 4th Rd quality

2A East (1-10 are the conference champions)
1-Princeton vs 32-South Columbus
16-Heide Trask vs. 17-Eastern Wayne

8-H.M. Cummings vs. 25-Bartlett Yancey
9-East Carteret vs. 24-Roanoke Rapids

5-Northeastern vs. 28-Farmville Central
12-Wallace-Rose Hill vs. 21-Kinston

4-Nash Central vs. 29-North Johnston
13-Greene Central vs. 20-St. Pauls

6-West Craven vs. 27-Bunn
11-Hertford Co. vs. 22-East Bladen

3-Whiteville vs. 30-Southwest Onslow
14-J.A. Holmes vs. 19-SouthWest Edgecombe

7-Clinton vs. 26-E.T. Beddingfield
10-South Granville vs. 23-Midway

2-East Duplin vs. 31-North Pitt
15-James Kenan vs. 18-Camden Co.

Last edited:
If this holds, some of the 2nd Rd matchups are 4th Rd quality
Wrh/jk will be resumed at 9 am with no fans in attendance...the final 25 seconds with the ball 4 and 9 at the jk 13 yard line...
Thanks, I heard 25 seconds, 13 yard line, but didn't know down and distance until right now.....if it was 4th and shorter, you would think they would consider going for it....this must be the longest timeout ever to ice a kicker and give the coaches time to mull over what they want to do

There were some scores added late overnight that caused a couple of changes from when I first posted.....I edited my original post to reflect the changes.....probably still more changes coming after WRH & JK finish and that score gets posted.....not sure if WRH can move up at all since they're already the second highest wild card, they might drop but these two playing each other really helps both of them's OWP...for JK to win, I would expect them to jump at least one spot, maybe two....that 12-16 seed range will be most affected by this one....

Brackets posted and I think my final edit is correct except the prelim. brackets have Goldsboro as 32 seed instead of South Columbus.....I wonder if South Columbus either opted out of the playoffs or was ineligible for the playoffs for some other reason

Brackets posted and I think my final edit is correct except the prelim. brackets have Goldsboro as 32 seed instead of South Columbus.....I wonder if South Columbus either opted out of the playoffs or was ineligible for the playoffs for some other reason
So the Rpi isn't the actual way the seeding is processed? If it is it looks like wrh will be above Nash Central and jk be 12... The Rpi got wrh 5 and jk 12

Yes, the RPI is what seeding is based on, but remember all conference champions go first (seeds 1-10, with RPI highest to lowest), then everybody else fills in after the conference champions get seeded, with RPI highest to lowers....and Louisburg was ineligible and apparently South Columbus was either ineligible or opted out of the playoffs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT