ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville at Hough

Mooresville last win was 2014 i believe so its been 7 years since the last win for Mooresville over the huskie. Some games in last 7 year have either been 3-6 pt difference to a 35 pt difference in favor of the huskies.

Hough is still a solid team but a lot of new faces. they lost a close game to dutch fork but that was game #1 so mistakes n such happen , We shall see what HOUGH is made off.

If I am Mooresville, I want either a CLOSE lose or a WIN bc even with a close loss , Mooresville will show n prove they are a team that has a lot of potential and compete with the top dawgs and Hough is prob one of the tougher team we face this season. I am HOPING for a WIN Tho , I am not a fan of Hough period

Be funny if Mooresville would be beat Hough. Lol. Mooresville does have a good team like I thought they would. But in reality Hough wins this one. But the way the population is growing in around the Mooresville area, they may find themselves up with some these good Charlotte teams one day.

Pulling for Mooresville but Hough is tough…..sorry that’s corny. Hough the better team PERIOD

Yup seem to have everything but a big time winner?
what has hough done? Under achieve every yr they are always ranked #2, #8 , #10 and yet fall to Mallard Creek, Chambers, and other along the way and yet to win a State title with all these "D1" talent they "tend" to get in every yr. If Hough didnt get all these D1 kids, they would be AVG at best bc the kids are avg who are actually in Hough district esp if they aint recruited.

Mooresville may not be a Hough, a Shelby or anything but We are Above Avg to Good team , there a lot team cant even say that.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
what has hough done? Under achieve every yr they are always ranked #2, #8 , #10 and yet fall to Mallard Creek, Chambers, and other along the way and yet to win a State title with all these "D1" talent they "tend" to get in every yr. If Hough didnt get all these D1 kids, they would be AVG at best bc the kids are avg who are actually in Hough district esp if they aint recruited.

Mooresville may not be a Hough, a Shelby or anything but We are Above Avg to Good team , there a lot team cant even say that.
Hear what you’re saying big dawg. Hough just played Dutch Fork and TK a close game with all those D1 stars. You do know DF is the daddy rabbit of the Carolinas. Agree 100% Mooresville is average at worst. GL to your Blue Devils. Just not sure this has anything to do with what Hough did last year or years before.

I get what you're saying here, but Mooresville has done nothing really in the playoffs since Capps was there. Not like Mooresville's out there winning state titles or anything while Hough loses in the regional final.

I get what you're saying here, but Mooresville has done nothing really in the playoffs since Capps was there. Not like Mooresville's out there winning state titles or anything while Hough loses in the regional final.
The difference being we do it with homegrown players lol. We don’t have that multi-million dollar recruiting budget 😂😂

But jokes aside, if we can keep our starters on the field, and no cramp every second play, then I think we can surprise some ppl. Our defense, particularly the front 7, is definitely good enough to make Hudson uncomfortable. We rushed for over 300 yards last week, if we can establish things on the ground, we might be able to hang around

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
The difference being we do it with homegrown players lol. We don’t have that multi-million dollar recruiting budget 😂😂

But jokes aside, if we can keep our starters on the field, and no cramp every second play, then I think we can surprise some ppl. Our defense, particularly the front 7, is definitely good enough to make Hudson uncomfortable. We rushed for over 300 yards last week, if we can establish things on the ground, we might be able to hang around
I think Hough could run away with this, maybe I’m wrong, been wrong many times, but only teams I see competing with Hough in regular season are Chambers and Creek.

I did ever say We are going be a state contender , did i ever say we were? NO n Heck No team within Iredell Co will touch a state title until 1. We have better QB play 2. OL/DL production and few other things

South Iredell in 2012 won it in 2a bc of their defense ofc but They had a legit QB who did enough to win the chip as if u go back SI was very luck to win as they scored with like 20 sec left in the 4th so

Hear what you’re saying big dawg. Hough just played Dutch Fork and TK a close game with all those D1 stars. You do know DF is the daddy rabbit of the Carolinas. Agree 100% Mooresville is average at worst. GL to your Blue Devils. Just not sure this has anything to do with what Hough did last year or years before.
Dutch Fork is Superior then most and Hough has some weak spots from what someone at the game told me so If we attack those We may win or keep it close.

Hough, Providence, HR, LN, ALB are all game that will be up for grabs n toughest game this yr but first 3 primary tough match

Hough is Ranked n has talent
Providence may be down but they have a solid O line still but lack Skill guys
HR - Depends on who you ask but I’m not sold on them just yet

Haha another week, another year of listening to Mooresville fans talk about how good you aren’t 😂
Y’all wouldn’t be no where as good as y’all are if y’all didn’t get all these D1 talent from all over the state I mean hell if he had all D1 y’all had I’m sure we would Over achieve every yr like y’all do! How many state title y’all have? How many time y’all lost MC or Chambers in playoffs? How many time y’all been ranked and haven’t done anything?

Shelby, Reidsville, Creek, Chambers etc are still better then Hough

• Wow
Reactions: NC Joker
I went up to that “amazing” place to watch you guys play Friday night… here’s a couple takes

1) You do have some decent size compared to what you usually have.
2) You have literally no conditioning.
3) One kid on your defensive line could be one of the top players in the entire state of he wanted to be. But he constantly takes plays off. Our line will eat him up.

all in all, Mooresville couldn’t hold our jockstraps. This one will be running clock before halftime.
Hough by as many as they want

Last edited:
Y’all wouldn’t be no where as good as y’all are if y’all didn’t get all these D1 talent from all over the state I mean hell if he had all D1 y’all had I’m sure we would Over achieve every yr like y’all do! How many state title y’all have? How many time y’all lost MC or Chambers in playoffs? How many time y’all been ranked and haven’t done anything?

Who is Mooresville and what have they done?

I went up to that “amazing” place to watch you guys play Friday night… here’s a couple takes

3) One kid on your defensive line could be one of the top players in the entire state of he wanted to be. But he constantly takes plays off. Our line will eat him up.

all in all, Mooresville couldn’t hold our jockstraps. This one will be running clock before halftime.
1st Conditioning will be address I know that for a Fact
2 The reason why the kid went out due to cramp so Once conditioning is corrected That won’t happen

Hough can’t carry anyone jock strap who a State title contender like Chambers or Creek so your point is?? It’s a 2 way street yall Underachieve year in and year out - All hype no substance and y’all suppose be So good every year but can’t get it done when it matters

I mean let’s be real here. Let’s see yours. The 60s don’t count by the way.
Let’s be honest
Mooresville should be 3A - Mooresville demographics fit 3A period; Mooresville can compete with smaller 4A teams like Providence , NM , Hopewell, West Char , HR , ALB but Yes we ain’t no Chambers or creek given but we are better than some 4A teams in West/East

Mooresville eventually will have to build another HS with all the growth. Mooresville “could be” a Top 3A team bc we usually tend have high # (We have 153 total players in 4A)

Our Roots are 2A/3A but back then Ragsdale was our Playoff nemesis they knocked out 2/3 times in 2nd-3rd rounds

Let’s be honest
Mooresville should be 3A - Mooresville demographics fit 3A period; Mooresville can compete with smaller 4A teams like Providence , NM , Hopewell, West Char , HR , ALB but Yes we ain’t no Chambers or creek given but we are better than some 4A teams in West/East

Mooresville eventually will have to build another HS with all the growth. Mooresville “could be” a Top 3A team bc we usually tend have high # (We have 153 total players in 4A)

Our Roots are 2A/3A but back then Ragsdale was our Playoff nemesis they knocked out 2/3 times in 2nd-3rd rounds
Idk about “top” 3A… I’d argue 3A is just as tough, but deeper, than 4A. We would be a good 3A program, but we are already a good 4A program. We aren’t competing with the likes of Crest, Kings Mtn, Dudley, etc etc

Idk about “top” 3A… I’d argue 3A is just as tough, but deeper, than 4A. We would be a good 3A program, but we are already a good 4A program. We aren’t competing with the likes of Crest, Kings Mtn, Dudley, etc etc
Maybe maye not

Well… that’s one take. Lol

1st Conditioning will be address I know that for a Fact
2 The reason why the kid went out due to cramp so Once conditioning is corrected That won’t happen

Hough can’t carry anyone jock strap who a State title contender like Chambers or Creek so your point is?? It’s a 2 way street yall Underachieve year in and year out - All hype no substance and y’all suppose be So good every year but can’t get it done when it matters
You guys left the conference because you got tired of finishing in 4th lol. But let’s face it, we enjoy playing this game. Makes us some money, and it’s a nice tune up for the tough games on the schedule.

Reactions: Husky Fan 1
You guys left the conference because you got tired of finishing in 4th lol. But let’s face it, we enjoy playing this game. Makes us some money, and it’s a nice tune up for the tough games on the schedule.
As a Fan - I enjoy the Imeck but like the ole saying goes : You gotta face the top dawgs - IMECK is a gauntlet day in n out so I liked the Imeck but It wasn’t the greatest for all sports at least cabarrus co is competitive in all sports so

We do appreciate you puttin us on the same list with some NC Royalty. Shows you do think highly of Hough 😂

Reactions: Husky Fan 1
But seriously, does anyone expect it to be competitive? just don’t see how Mooresville even moves the ball on us. You gonna have to do more than run the ball all game….

and Tad and the WRs are looking at y’all wondering who’s gonna get the most TDs… because y’all leaving people wide open everywhere.

But seriously, does anyone expect it to be competitive? just don’t see how Mooresville even moves the ball on us. You gonna have to do more than run the ball all game….

and Tad and the WRs are looking at y’all wondering who’s gonna get the most TDs… because y’all leaving people wide open everywhere.
That just tells me We we’re asleep half the game vs Davie as we had 2 passing TDs which very nice Touchdown Throws , We have 2-3 Solid backs so they rotate in n out

Only thing I will agree with u on is in 4A u can’t just run the ball but I think we understand that n We will be ready

Like I said - Hough has their own weaknesses so They aren’t as good as Last yr in some spots

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT