ADVERTISEMENT

Week3- Mooresville at West Rowan

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Somehow… we are 2-0. Survived one of the worst games I’ve seen us play in a long time, now we look ahead to West Rowan.

West lost a competitive game week 1 to AL Brown. But also lost one of if not their best athlete for the season in the game. Then got cooked by Davie last night.

Mooresville comes in following a similar trend… playing worse in week 2 than they did in week 1. The lack of discipline, and the fundamentals we are lacking right now has almost cost us back to back weeks. Maybe this is the “get right” game we need? But I also wouldn’t be shocked if we made this way harder than it needed to be.

28-14 MV is my rough prediction at the game…

If you stop the run you will be ok. Put pressure on the QB and he gets happy feet.
Their secondary is not great, we dropped 4 TD passes against them.

our defense I’m not worried about. If the offense struggles again like they did last night we’re in trouble.

If Mooresville O figures it out

M’ville 35 West Rowan 14

If we struggle

Mooresville 17 West Rowan 14

Curious to know if anyone watched the Davie/West game? Saw Davie drop a 60 burger on them… is the West secondary struggling? Or was Davie just on that night.

Mooresville o is inconsistent more then last yr already not having howell cherry Westmoreland is showing up rn 25 pass yards isn’t going to cut it and the rb rotation has got to be better the defense will keep them in every game

Mooresville o is inconsistent more then last yr already not having howell cherry Westmoreland is showing up rn 25 pass yards isn’t going to cut it and the rb rotation has got to be better the defense will keep them in every game
Offensive line. That’s the problem. Everything else is fine.

We have quality backs right now - Heal is doing well , AJ baker will hopefully more touches but I like our JV backs to that Young kid is good.

Our O line has to protect better. Having 2 linemen out vs Reagan hurt.

Well, is that time for my prediction. I’m going to surprise some people, but I say Mooresville by at least 21.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville 48
West Rowan 7

West Rowan scored on the last play of the game to avoid not getting shutout. West Rowan had 25 (18 passing and 7 rushing) total yards of offense.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
They started the running clock at 38-0 in the first half… that was a new one for me. Just assumed it had to be 42 before that happened

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT