ADVERTISEMENT

Providence at Mooresville

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Sneaky good game here potentially. Providence has a very good QB…. That made his varsity debut against us last year and proceeded to light us up. They seem to be an improved team on the defensive side for them this year.

Mooresville is a little Jekyll and Hyde. When switched on, they can be dominant. But if they switch off… it’s can be a nightmare lol. For 3 quarters last night… we looked as good as any MV team I’ve seen since I’ve lived here (2003). But my word when we switched off and got complacent…. We couldn’t stop anything. And we continue to be super undisciplined picking up.. well frankly pointless… unsportsmanlike flags for no reason.

Not really sure what to make here, but just a quick opinion without any study… Mooresville by 14?

You can make an argument Providence should have beaten Catholic. Providence ran into a buzzsaw in Butler right now. Providence has a really nice passing game which can always keep you in a game. I can see this being a competitive game

You can make an argument Providence should have beaten Catholic. Providence ran into a buzzsaw in Butler right now. Providence has a really nice passing game which can always keep you in a game. I can see this being a competitive game
It was competitive last year so I would expect the same.

Depending on what Bluedevil team shows up will determine how this game ends. If the 1st 3 quarters from last night’s game shows up then I got Mooresville winning by 2-3 scores.

Mooresville has stop giving up points in 4Q bc one game it’s going to bite ‘em in rear in

This should be a fun game but Mooresville didn’t play well in that Providence Game last yr but this should be just as competitive if not more esp in Providence prospective

I have Mooresville winning since they are at home but Gotta stop the pass.

Mooresville by 14 but can they hold onto the lead bc we seem think the game is over in the 3rd but it isn’t over until it’s 0:00 4Q

One thing I will say about Mooresville. They have some big boys on the line. DBs are real tough as well. I say they put together 2 good halves they will come out victorious.

Final

Providence 0
Mooresville 42

Gonna have to nitpick to find something to complain about here. This was the dominant performance we should have had last week, we just finished strong this week. Completely one sided game

Some stats that stood out…

Held Debe (Prov QB) to 9-22 passing, for 110 and 2 picks. I’d argue he’s one of the better young QBs in Charlotte right now. And held Prov to 23 rush yards

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville is on a roll this year. Every school knows when there is a special group that is coming to the high school. Is this the case with this team?

Mooresville is on a roll this year. Every school knows when there is a special group that is coming to the high school. Is this the case with this team?
I said in the preseason on paper this defense could go down as potentially the best in school history. They’ve certainly shown glimpses of that. Especially these last two weeks

The offense has been a revelation. But I’m not sure that next year and the up coming groups may not eventually be better. I saw the two middle schools play this year that feed into Mooresville… the talent down there right now is some of the best I’ve ever seen in the city. Mooresville is definitely at the doorstep of being looked at among the top teams. But until they finally beat someone of that caliber, I think we will always be looked at amongst the “best of the rest” so to speak

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Mooresville in a couple years if all goes well to see them talked about making a title run. A few years ago I was thinking if Mooresville keeps growing like it has been they will probably start getting in some really good talent that could make that run. The city is growing and prosperous. And everybody is wanting to move in the area. Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT