ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs Shelby

"Why is Rabun Gap in NC rankings? Do they have two campuses or something"?
Posted by NC Preps poster and extreme devil's advocate, Chopper747

I looked at Rabun Gap's schedule on MaxPreps. They play a team from Chattanooga, two from Gainsville (assuming it's Georgia rather than Florida) and the other eight are NC teams. I then happened to see they are a member of the NC Independent Schools Athletic Association class eleven. I'd guess that's why they're in the North Carolina poll. Still kind of odd, though, them in Georgia and a member of a NC association.

"Why is Rabun Gap in NC rankings? Do they have two campuses or something"?
Posted by NC Preps poster and extreme devil's advocate, Chopper747

I looked at Rabun Gap's schedule on MaxPreps. They play a team from Chattanooga, two from Gainsville (assuming it's Georgia rather than Florida) and the other eight are NC teams. I then happened to see they are a member of the NC Independent Schools Athletic Association class eleven. I'd guess that's why they're in the North Carolina poll. Still kind of odd, though, them in Georgia and a member of a NC association.
Stop actually looking things up and commenting logically sir…
Smart Alec is the way to go…
See above…

Stop actually looking things up and commenting logically sir…
Smart Alec is the way to go…
See above…
I'll stop it now, my friend. As for me, if it's logic I just happened to stumble up on it. As for you being a smart alec, I would never think that, just a keen sense of wit. By the way, a very happy New year to you and your fine family. Also, it's good to hear from you.

Shelby is ranked 5th in NC….stands to reason that Shelby would be in the top 50 in the state of Georgia as well….considering where Rabun Gap is ranked in Georgia.

Just read through all 3 pages of this....I don't believe the Supreme Court of the U.S. has to wade through as much material in a case as those of us who actually read all of this do....that being said, it's only a few months before all of this can start up again....lol.....Happy belated New Year to EVERYONE.........
You had to be so bored that you would read all this crap in one day. I think it would have been more entertaining to watch Shelby Lion eat a bag or twelve of Cheetos.

They 98 Champions Dynasty would grow over night, all puffed up to become an even a bigger monster than the little 3 headed gremlin it is now.
Prolly spawn a TV show…a documentary on the manufacturing of goat calls and such. I can see it now… them riding around in their black and gold “Cleveland County BooDan” food truck….selling livermush. 😜

Embarrassed to say….I saw Shelby play Newton, South Point and Hibriten… in the playoffs of ‘17.

Here’s my take….

Newton…never ever never….got Brooks on the ground….ass whipping!

South Point….one of my all time favorite games!….couldn’t take my eyes off Dax!

Hibriten….Brooks was getting planted in the ground like seed…..I saw sprouts shortly thereafter.
Hibritens’ defensive line was the truth!

Merry Christmas! Shelby Boys.

That’s good stuff!😉
East Duplin should have beaten Hibritton that year, Had there top running back not gotten hurt early 1st half, I think they would have. Damn it was cold that day. We got there to watch ED and support them as well as a ton of other bulldog fans. Unfortunatly alot of them bolted after the game and didnt stick around to watch us and Reidsville go at it..

East Duplin should have beaten Hibritton that year, Had there top running back not gotten hurt early 1st half, I think they would have. Damn it was cold that day. We got there to watch ED and support them as well as a ton of other bulldog fans. Unfortunatly alot of them bolted after the game and didnt stick around to watch us and Reidsville go at it..
I must admit….I was shocked by the score. East Duplin must’ve been REAL GOOD in ‘17. Wishing I could’ve seen the game.

Not surprised about the injury….’17 Hibriten …might be….the most physical team I’ve ever watched…and I’ve seen some good ones. Speaks volumes about East Duplin….they must’ve been tough as nails!

I must admit….I was shocked by the score. East Duplin must’ve been REAL GOOD in ‘17. Wishing I could’ve seen the game.

Not surprised about the injury….’17 Hibriten …might be….the most physical team I’ve ever watched…and I’ve seen some good ones. Speaks volumes about East Duplin….they must’ve been tough as nails!

Ahhh the year Hibriten was 3A hiding in 2A, and East Duplin had 19 year olds playing? Sounds about even to me, Hibriten out strategized/coached ED(as the west usually does) that game, but they were even with their 'advantages'

Here’s some good stuff….kinda like wood piling at Shelby….That “Lions Bowl” was an all star game. Had players from Cleveland county, Rutherford, Polk, McDowell, Burke…and a few more.

I know this because my good friend Cheerduck….sent me tons of stuff about it! I love reading about the history of high school ball in our area.

Dad played in it…in ‘58. One of the asst. coaches for the game was his coach…Dub Hoard….who coached at NCSD and still lives to my knowledge. Yep… my Dad is 82…and his high school football coach still lives here in our area. We called Dub…Christmas ‘19 …his sweet wife said…. Honey! I’m sorry…Dub’s gone on a deer hunting trip! 😂😂😂
Do what?😳

Here’s one for Mr. Lincolnton….another asst. coach for that ‘58 Lions Bowl….a coach that would come to Maiden and stomp our arses on just about EVERY occasion!…Mr. Von Ray Harris…a LEGENDARY coach at Lincolnton high school!❤️

Now!…that’s good stuff!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT