ADVERTISEMENT

Madison @ Mitchell

My kids graduated 7 & 8 years ago both girls who were in the band so while I wanted to see them match I certainly didn't go to games for a boy playing.
My oldest brother was on the first Mitchell team in '75 his senior year, I was on Mitchell's first team to have a winning season and play on the new field in '82. Don't anymore but it wasn't just going to Mitchell games ,me my brothers and dad used to go to just watch good high school football like playoff games. Drove to Swain just to see them and Murphy play in a playoff game, standing at the fence saw Carl Pickens catch a pass right in front of us and we said yeah that young man is going far in football.
That’s some good stuff. I have also went to watch big time games other than Andrews while Andrews was playing out of town. You’re basically the same age as me. I graduated in 1980. Back then Andrews had around 325 students and dressed out around 32 to 35 players consistently

I would love to come up if I have time. Haven't seen a game at Mitchell for 5 years or more. One of the memorable games I saw there was maybe 10 or 12 years back when the scoreboard died so they had to keep the game clock in the press box.
Post of you're able to come I'd like to meet you

Reactions: Titanman27
That’s some good stuff. I have also went to watch big time games other than Andrews while Andrews was playing out of town. You’re basically the same age as me. I graduated in 1980. Back then Andrews had around 325 students and dressed out around 32 to 35 players consistently
Yeah we were bigger when I graduated in '83 too around 900+ we were in the 3A Little Mac conference.

Yeah we were bigger when I graduated in '83 too around 900+ we were in the 3A Little Mac conference.
I remember that well. I also remember when Brevard was a bigger school and a powerhouse and Sylva Webster with the Streeter boys. Times have changed many things but nothing like small town mountain football. Best of luck to the Mountaineers and who knows, maybe we will meet again in playoffs

I remember that well. I also remember when Brevard was a bigger school and a powerhouse and Sylva Webster with the Streeter boys. Times have changed many things but nothing like small town mountain football. Best of luck to the Mountaineers and who knows, maybe we will meet again in playoffs
My senior year Brevard won the 3A championship and we went to every game, great defense. Mitchell's first season as a team they played Sylva Webster, my brother was co-captain and he said the only time he was able to even touch Streeter (much less tackle him) was when he shook his hand during the coin flip 😂
Best of luck to Andrews as well.

My senior year Brevard won the 3A championship and we went to every game, great defense. Mitchell's first season as a team they played Sylva Webster, my brother was co-captain and he said the only time he was able to even touch Streeter (much less tackle him) was when he shook his hand during the coin flip 😂
Best of luck to Andrews as well.
The streeter bros were the real deal, I was fortunate enough to get to help coach and get to know Stanley Honeycutt all he talked about was the Streeter bros, he said when he played at East Yancey late 70s he was kickoff return and one of them hit him so hard his eyeball actually came out of the socket, Ben Deyton tried to tape it back in lol, and some of the other coaches said he needs to go to a hospital long story short one of the Streeters ended his career he didn't mind it he laughed about it, I miss his mentoring he was a good man

One last thing mountaineers I hope you learned last week never underestimate your opponent, list to your coaches they are in my opinion the best Mitchell Co has ever had, and disregard most of what you read on here, some of us post when we have had a few too many, or after taking a sleeping pill lol, play hard play smart and once again listen to your coaches follow assignments do your job play as a team, ni more team of me if you follow those simple rules you cant lose regardless of what the scoreboard says, we are proud of you GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I don’t know about y'all but seeing Madison win is a great thing !!!! Over the last few years watching them play was hard and I actually felt bad for them fellers but with that said Mitchell will get back on track tonight with a big win.

Let me know pal if your coming fri night I'll help you get in a good spot, heck I'd like to meet you please let me know I sit on far left middle way up if you're facing our side, I'll come up there and holler old Mountaineer please answer I'd like to meet you!
Well I made it to the game

You need go watch freshman quarterback at heritage, he probably is best athlete in conf right now.
Listen junior, Heritage is not going to have a good year this season. 2nd place will likely come down to Draughn and Madison. The only reason that Heritage isn't 2-3 tonight is that covid got ahold of them.

Listen junior, Heritage is not going to have a good year this season. 2nd place will likely come down to Draughn and Madison. The only reason that Heritage isn't 2-3 tonight is that covid got ahold of them.
They might surprise you Heritage didn't lose much, and had several kids out when they lost to Pisgah
Heritage still should finish 2nd
It'll come down to Heritage or Mitchell just like the last 7 years, unless Draughn can upset one of us

Listen up pal you guys beat watauga they were playing with 3 string quarterback ,then you brag about the impressive win lol . Andrews brought you guys back to reality.

Reactions: 97Cougar
They might surprise you Heritage didn't lose much, and had several kids out when they lost to Pisgah

It'll come down to Heritage or Mitchell just like the last 7 years, unless Draughn can upset one of us
Heritage lost a lot to graduation. 7-8 2 and 3 year starters off the defense and 6 or 7 off the offense. Lost more than you think I believe.

I stand by my statement, Draughn or Madison will finish 2nd. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow.
You have lost it if you think Madison beats Heritage it'll be a fight between Avery and Madison Carter left early injured and so did Chandler still a running clock, I wish the best for Madison but see them finishing 4th if they dont have anymore injuries

Like I have been saying western highlands is down no dominant team, mitchell and heritage are solid not great. Both teams lack team speed.
Equal playing field First time I. A long time, dont know who will win, good football!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT