ADVERTISEMENT

Madison @ Mitchell

Purple1995

Nov 18, 2010
Thoughts on this one? Patriots 2 straight wins off to a good start, Mountaineers have dropped 2 of the last 3? I day Mitchell by 10 and I'm being conservative doing that we have several players out a few are going to have to step up to won, MITchell 42, Madison 35

This Madison group worries me, they started as freshman two years back I said they'd be good eventually well that time has come, go mountaineers

44 to 14 the Mountaineers bounce back in a big way.
This season is going to be full of upsets,at least Mitchell is getting to play ever week,plus when you play good teams ever week your going to have injuries especially being a small school .

Reactions: Purple1995
Better not take Madison lightly I can't help but wonder as dead and flat they played if Mitchell didn't read the predictions and maybe were taking Andrews lightly. Someone needs to work with the underclassmen lineman especially but the whole line played like their feet were in quicksand not firing off the ball (on both sides) no aggression ,not coming off blocks they need to learn it's not holding on defense if you grab him and throw him off.
But Madison has a real good QB who could play for about anyone he just never had any help maybe this year he does. I don't believe they as a whole have Mitchell's talent but they're coming in I'm sure pretty confident and I don't know after Friday were Mitchell's head is ,hopefully Friday was a wakeup call.

Last edited:
Better not take Madison lightly I can't help but wonder as dead and flat they played if Mitchell didn't read the predictions and maybe were taking Andrews lightly. Someone needs to work with the underclassmen lineman especially but the whole line played like their feet were in quicksand not firing off the ball (on both sides) no aggression ,not coming off blocks they need to learn it's not holding on defense if you grab him and throw him off.
But Madison has a real good QB who could play for about anyone he just never had any help maybe this year he does. I don't believe they as a whole have Mitchell's talent but they're coming in I'm sure pretty confident and I don't know after Friday were Mitchell's head is ,hopefully Friday was a wakeup call.
You are the man always know what to say our kids look at this daily, I am a little rough around the edges but have their best interest at heart mine is a senior I had the honor of coaching him Nd a few of these kids a few years ups and downs ard to be expected I think fri we win by 14

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
For the experts. Why does Mitchell’s defensive line, line up so far off the ball? Andrew’s line had a two yard head start all night.
I don't know I've wondered the same thing they've done it for years I assume there's a reason but I was always told to get as close as you can so you can get off the snap as quick as you can and beat the guy trying to block you. My brother played in the 70's as a nose guard and remembered being close enough to the center that in one game the center would grip the ball on the count right before the one he was to snap the ball so when my brother saw the grip he knew the next hut to go ,he ate the his lunch all night the center never figured out what he was doing.

McDowell should have won by 21 plus, is it just me or is this season upside down and everyone back to square one?
Yep, that's why I said should win. if this game was at Madison I could see it being a lot closer but I'm sure Mitchell will be happy to be back home after their long travels.

Got to see the Madison Enka film, Madison reminds me a lot of Erwin they go from wing t to spread throw a lot of screens and their qb is quick and shifty I hope all of Mitchell co show up to support these mountaineers fri night they need a crowd hope Madison fills the visitor side up, I have a feeling that this will be a dandy

I don't know I've wondered the same thing they've done it for years I assume there's a reason but I was always told to get as close as you can so you can get off the snap as quick as you can and beat the guy trying to block you. My brother played in the 70's as a nose guard and remembered being close enough to the center that in one game the center would grip the ball on the count right before the one he was to snap the ball so when my brother saw the grip he knew the next hut to go ,he ate the his lunch all night the center never figured out what he was doing.
Its Leland Riddle he coached most of our coaches we usually have no problem with it, but these subs just haven't got a feel for it yet CP will have em right in a day or two he may be the best line coach Mitchell has ever had, and he is a good man, my kid loves him and Noah, top notch

I wish the dum dums would stop posting Mitchell by 48 Mitchell running clock our kids look here daily and sometimes go with it, I am conservative if I think we win by 50 I say Mitchell by 7, if I think we'll lose by 21 mitchell by 7, always give your team at least 7, Mountie for the last several years picks Heritage by 7, why? I bet if he had a kid at Mitchell playing hed be as hateful as me, I think mine is the best to ever take the field, even though he is not, I am a proud parent everyone should be

I wish the dum dums would stop posting Mitchell by 48 Mitchell running clock our kids look here daily and sometimes go with it, I am conservative if I think we win by 50 I say Mitchell by 7, if I think we'll lose by 21 mitchell by 7, always give your team at least 7, Mountie for the last several years picks Heritage by 7, why? I bet if he had a kid at Mitchell playing hed be as hateful as me, I think mine is the best to ever take the field, even though he is not, I am a proud parent everyone should be
Loving this!…I don’t see hateful….I see passionate!…or resolute!…..whichever you prefer.… they both fit!

That’s my boy!….is good stuff!

Sometimes I believe us armchair coaches forget when a game doesn't go the way we think that these are teenagers and anything can happen. I just hope when kids read stuff on here to take most of it with a grain of salt and not put to much pressure on themselves and have fun playing football.
You should be proud of your son all the parents should it takes hard work and dedication.
Now that said if I'm at a home game I sit on the top in my camp chair..A: because the practice field handicap parking and taking my chair is the only way I can go to a home game I can't go up the stairs , I hope the field is open Friday it wasn't the first game I assume because of the rain. B: I sit up there as far away from parents I can get, because of two kinds , one kind if you say any generalized comment that is deemed negative about the game then you'd think you've called out their kid by name, the thing is a lot of this type won't be back to another game once their son graduates. Two I've sit by some dad's who are little overboard hard on their son I've even tried to defend them to their father. So I just stay on top with the old men and hope they don't have a grandson playing lol.

Sometimes I believe us armchair coaches forget when a game doesn't go the way we think that these are teenagers and anything can happen. I just hope when kids read stuff on here to take most of it with a grain of salt and not put to much pressure on themselves and have fun playing football.
You should be proud of your son all the parents should it takes hard work and dedication.
Now that said if I'm at a home game I sit on the top in my camp chair..A: because the practice field handicap parking and taking my chair is the only way I can go to a home game I can't go up the stairs , I hope the field is open Friday it wasn't the first game I assume because of the rain. B: I sit up there as far away from parents I can get, because of two kinds , one kind if you say any generalized comment that is deemed negative about the game then you'd think you've called out their kid by name, the thing is a lot of this type won't be back to another game once their son graduates. Two I've sit by some dad's who are little overboard hard on their son I've even tried to defend them to their father. So I just stay on top with the old men and hope they don't have a grandson playing lol.
Let me know pal if your coming fri night I'll help you get in a good spot, heck I'd like to meet you please let me know I sit on far left middle way up if you're facing our side, I'll come up there and holler old Mountaineer please answer I'd like to meet you!

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Yep, that's why I said should win. if this game was at Madison I could see it being a lot closer but I'm sure Mitchell will be happy to be back home after their long travels.
I like you titan man you should come fro night and meet me and old mountaineer

Gotta share a story…since I’m watching the Ravens-Raiders game…this my 2nd year of Fantasyball…I’m hanging by a thread!…funnest shit I’ve ever done! Imma get the hang of it…directly!😜

I was invited to play golf at Mitchell for a weekend last year. Fortunately enough…invited to a tourney for old “Mt Rushmore Heads” in the textile industry. I had a blast!

When Mountie says….fairly unknown..Mitchell!
I’d like for all of us in NC to keep it that way! It’s a slice of heaven to me! Brothers!

Anyway….I’m playing golf wearing a Maiden hat!…there’s a feller that I don’t know…sees my hat and yells!…FOOTBALL! FRIDAY NIGHT!. From that point on….when he sees me…he yells it again!..and again!
I bet he did it at least a dozen times over the weekend!
He eventually came over and spoke….he lives there now! ……played fullback for the South Point Red Raiders and the Lenior Rhyne Bears!

Somebody on these boards knows him… I’m sure!
Just saying…Mitchell is a jewel…hope it never changes!

Gotta share a story…since I’m watching the Ravens-Raiders game…this my 2nd year of Fantasyball…I’m hanging by a thread!…funnest shit I’ve ever done! Imma get the hang of it…directly!😜

I was invited to play golf at Mitchell for a weekend last year. Fortunately enough…invited to a tourney for old “Mt Rushmore Heads” in the textile industry. I had a blast!

I’d like for all of us in NC to keep it that way! It’s a slice of heaven to me! Brothers!

Anyway….I’m playing golf wearing a Maiden hat!…there’s a feller that I don’t know…sees my hat and yells!…FOOTBALL! FRIDAY NIGHT!. From that point on….when he sees me…he yells it again!..and again!
He eventually came over and spoke….he lives there now! ……played fullback for the South Point Red Raiders and the Lenior Rhyne Bears!

I know him. Great guy. He also goes out of his way to talk and be supportive of the local HS players. I know he spoke to my son and a couple more of his teammates about their team and Lenior Rhyne last season.

That is awesome meet good people anywhere you go come to a game this year I'd love to shake hands with you

After last week, in the words of Charles Barkley “don’t know much about Madison, but I know they’re in trouble”.

I like you titan man you should come fro night and meet me and old mountaineer

I would love to come up if I have time. Haven't seen a game at Mitchell for 5 years or more. One of the memorable games I saw there was maybe 10 or 12 years back when the scoreboard died so they had to keep the game clock in the press box.

I loved what you said. In sports you see over time a lot of kids go through and their parents are there only for the years their kids play then you never see them again. These parents are sometimes the ones that act like they are the biggest supporters of the program and usually the biggest brown nosers hoping by sucking up to the coaches little Johnny might get more playing time or more recognition. Usually these types of fans end up never returning to a game after their kids graduate and turn on the coaching staff as soon as it’s over.

I love seeing the old timers at the games who played in the 60’s or after that still come support their team. I love seeing the fans that show up that have no children or grandchildren playing. My last two kids graduated 5 & 6 years ago but I’m still at every JV & Varsity game that I can make. Sometimes I will have a parent thank me for still coming and supporting our team well after my kids have graduated and I tell them that I love my team and school. Good lord willing I plan on going and supporting my school as long as I can physically do so. Am I a perfect fan, no far from it. I still second guess the coaching and still get frustrated just like I have for the last 50 years. If you have ever been a competitive athlete you never lose that fire. Hats off to all you oldtimers who still love to support your school and team. For the ones who are lucky enough to still have kids participating, enjoy every minute and keep those memories forever and when it’s all over continue to go support your team for many more years. Be like Old Mountaineer and bring that old fold out chair !!!

There are a few
After last week, in the words of Charles Barkley “don’t know much about Madison, but I know they’re in trouble”.
A good ole fashioned whipping would be nice, but isn't it a little refreshing to see Madison 2-1 those kids, parents and coaches should be proud it's cool we are saying anything positive about Madison we are usually saying how they have a hard time getting enough out to even field a team, I like it

I sometimes still get butterflies before games, and goosebumps when the national anthem is played. So yeah, this is a true statement.
For many years after playing sports I still had dreams of playing football and basketball. Lol. I told my coach many years later and he said he had also. I guess if you love the game you still get those goosebumps

I loved what you said. In sports you see over time a lot of kids go through and their parents are there only for the years their kids play then you never see them again. These parents are sometimes the ones that act like they are the biggest supporters of the program and usually the biggest brown nosers hoping by sucking up to the coaches little Johnny might get more playing time or more recognition. Usually these types of fans end up never returning to a game after their kids graduate and turn on the coaching staff as soon as it’s over.

I love seeing the old timers at the games who played in the 60’s or after that still come support their team. I love seeing the fans that show up that have no children or grandchildren playing. My last two kids graduated 5 & 6 years ago but I’m still at every JV & Varsity game that I can make. Sometimes I will have a parent thank me for still coming and supporting our team well after my kids have graduated and I tell them that I love my team and school. Good lord willing I plan on going and supporting my school as long as I can physically do so. Am I a perfect fan, no far from it. I still second guess the coaching and still get frustrated just like I have for the last 50 years. If you have ever been a competitive athlete you never lose that fire. Hats off to all you oldtimers who still love to support your school and team. For the ones who are lucky enough to still have kids participating, enjoy every minute and keep those memories forever and when it’s all over continue to go support your team for many more years. Be like Old Mountaineer and bring that old fold out chair !!!
My kids graduated 7 & 8 years ago both girls who were in the band so while I wanted to see them match I certainly didn't go to games for a boy playing.
My oldest brother was on the first Mitchell team in '75 his senior year, I was on Mitchell's first team to have a winning season and play on the new field in '82. Don't anymore but it wasn't just going to Mitchell games ,me my brothers and dad used to go to just watch good high school football like playoff games. Drove to Swain just to see them and Murphy play in a playoff game, standing at the fence saw Carl Pickens catch a pass right in front of us and we said yeah that young man is going far in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT