ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

I’ll shut-up when you show me where I’m wrong! 91 if you will tell me where you seen me heap praise on a team or a coach that doesn’t deserve it, I’ll apologize. Tar Heels overrated and overhyped. Brown is a great recruiter. He just doesn’t know what to do with talent when he gets it. Nothing new there. When you have 28 pages of crap about this coach and team, what do you expect.

I’ll shut-up when you show me where I’m wrong! 91 if you will tell me where you seen me heap praise on a team or a coach that doesn’t deserve it, I’ll apologize. Tar Heels overrated and overhyped. Brown is a great recruiter. He just doesn’t know what to do with talent when he gets it. Nothing new there. When you have 28 pages of crap about this coach and team, what do you expect.
Majority of the kids playing are Fedora guys outside of a select few. Guys like Edmonds, RaRa, Nash, Boykins, Paysour, Nesbit, Sutton, Pounds, Blackwell, Power, Belfour, Stevens, Ritzie etc are the future. Will they be coached up? That is the question but the raw talent is there and more of it is coming next year.

You keep bringing up the 28 pages, I don't even think a UNC fan started the thread. But if you don't like it, stay on the 2A board.

Last edited:
Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Coaching is definitely a concern. Bateman better put up or shut up. I honestly think a true dual threat QB will do better in this offense. Look at what is happening at Oklahoma. Howell and Rattler are both losing millions this season

Coaching is definitely a concern. Bateman better put up or shut up. I honestly think a true dual threat QB will do better in this offense. Look at what is happening at Oklahoma. Howell and Rattler are both losing millions this season
I don't think either return after this season. They'll need to build an offense around Maye because he will be the guy the next 2-3 years.

I don't think either return after this season. They'll need to build an offense around Maye because he will be the guy the next 2-3 years.

Or Criswell. I wouldn't give up on him yet but I really like what I see from Maye early on. The o line coach is almost certainly toast. You can't return 7 of 8 linemen and get worse.

Or Criswell. I wouldn't give up on him yet but I really like what I see from Maye early on. The o line coach is almost certainly toast. You can't return 7 of 8 linemen and get worse.
Nothing against Criswell, but I promise you Maye didn't come here to sit on the bench. And yes, the OL coach is gone and the WR coach might be gone as well.

Sounds like SP. Terrible and underachieving every year ? Pipe down old man, unc is building a program from scratch.

Outta what? Hopes and dreams. Most every school in the nation is “building a program “
Y’all need to love your wife, get a life, play the fife and cause less strife. It’s a game. A game, my life doesn’t revolve around a game. Maybe y’all need to practice Randy!

Outta what? Hopes and dreams. Most every school in the nation is “building a program “
Y’all need to love your wife, get a life, play the fife and cause less strife. It’s a game. A game, my life doesn’t revolve around a game. Maybe y’all need to practice Randy!

Thanks for the advice. Building a program with three straight top 15 recruiting classes. Time will tell I guess

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
USC has had top 10, and top 5 recruiting classes for over a decade. It’s also been over a decade since anyone has called them a contender. They’re pretty soft.

Last edited:
God. Family. Football.

Go Heels!

Reactions: UNC91
NBBears, I used to love to watch pro football. I was Washington REDSKINS fan. When the WOKE crowd took over, with the kneeling, the BLM stuff, the black national anthem (I thought we were all Americans) and forcing Washington to change their nick name I quit. I haven’t watched a pro game in two years.

IMO this deal of allowing athletes to benefit financially off their LIKENESS in college is wrong. It was a knee jerk move. Qb’s, Rb’s and Receivers may make some money. The remaining team members won’t see a dime. Ain’t that fair. So I don’t pay a lot of attention to college ball either.

By the way I don’t hate the Tar Babies just their obnoxious fans. Have a good day

• Haha
NBBears, I used to love to watch pro football. I was Washington REDSKINS fan. When the WOKE crowd took over, with the kneeling, the BLM stuff, the black national anthem (I thought we were all Americans) and forcing Washington to change their nick name I quit. I haven’t watched a pro game in two years.

IMO this deal of allowing athletes to benefit financially off their LIKENESS in college is wrong. It was a knee jerk move. Qb’s, Rb’s and Receivers may make some money. The remaining team members won’t see a dime. Ain’t that fair. So I don’t pay a lot of attention to college ball either.

By the way I don’t hate the Tar Babies just their obnoxious fans. Have a good day
But all Americans are not treated equally! I don't care for all the imagery with trying to fix past wrongs. My Alma mater just named a dorm after one of the 1st AA to attend. Personally I could give a rats ass about a dorm being named I prefer to see real progress in the administration and faculty. Personally I don't want to hear any national anthem at a sporting event. I just want to see a ballgame!

SPRaiders is Mad, MAd...........

SHould be an interesting game Saturday. Are there two more under performing teams than Miami and UNC??
Notre Dame could easily have 4 losses, they haven't looked good at all this year.

Clemson with all that talent has looked very bad.

Iowa State was once a top 10 team. Beat Northern Iowa by 6 and lost to Baylor.

Wisconsin was ranked 12 and they've lost 3 games already at home.

But all Americans are not treated equally! I don't care for all the imagery with trying to fix past wrongs. My Alma mater just named a dorm after one of the 1st AA to attend. Personally I could give a rats ass about a dorm being named I prefer to see real progress in the administration and faculty. Personally I don't want to hear any national anthem at a sporting event. I just want to see a ballgame!
I think you have touched on maybe one of the most important aspects of the issues. Feigned indignation on the peripheral issues continues to blur the real life problems. Who's kneeling and sports logo's and mascots get all the publics attention while honest to goodness solutions never get to first base( cool sports analogy).

This is the product of a 24 hour news cycle combined with the social media addiction. Screaming and yelling about athletes and anthems buys you ratings and clicks. Substantive legislative solutions take time and are relatively boring. But the rubes just keep a licking it up.......

Reactions: nepsy7
Notre Dame could easily have 4 losses, they haven't looked good at all this year.

I get my information about the Heels from guys on this forum. Based on the recruiting and last year progression. I definitely thought they would be contending for the ACC title. As of today, they'll be in a dog fight to finish over 500 ball.

I think you have touched on maybe one of the most important aspects of the issues. Feigned indignation on the peripheral issues continues to blur the real life problems. Who's kneeling and sports logo's and mascots get all the publics attention while honest to goodness solutions never get to first base( cool sports analogy).

This is the product of a 24 hour news cycle combined with the social media addiction. Screaming and yelling about athletes and anthems buys you ratings and clicks. Substantive legislative solutions take time and are relatively boring. But the rubes just keep a licking it up.......
That has always been the case. Folks use that imagery as a means to define how they feel about an issue. All of this foolishness we see in this country is mainly based on folks getting their opinion and ideology on shit they see on Fox News, CNN, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. No one really cares to have an honest debate about facts. All we care to do is toss names around to describe folks and we fail to call a spade a spade!

Reactions: UNC91 and nepsy7

Yeah- but here is the difference. Im pretty intimate with ND and I agree, I think they are probably a top 15 team at best but Kelly figures out away to win. Up until this year and next years class they dont recruit at a top 10 level and yet Kelly gets 10 wins 5 of the last 6 years. HAs gotten rolled in the BCS but so does everyone else.

Florida state and Ga Tech are terrible losses and frankly they got rolled. Va Tech at their place tougher.

Not a Dabo guy but I think this is the one year you can look at injuries for them and see them take a step or two back. That said......he still gets 9 wins at a minimum.

Wisconsin sucks. Chryst is terrible.

I get my information about the Heels from guys on this forum. Based on the recruiting and last year progression. I definitely thought they would be contending for the ACC title. As of today, they'll be in a dog fight to finish over 500 ball.
The recruiting has been good, but a lot of these starters are Fedora's guys. The preseason hype was based on the last 2 years recruiting, guys like Pinder, KBJ, Sutton, Nash, Boykins, Power, Rara, Silver, Edmonds, Stephens, Ritzie, Paysour, Blackwell etc.

Entire OL, TE, all but one starting WR, all but one starting on the DL, CB, FS are Fedora guys.

Last year looked like progression because of what the offense did under Sam, 4 NFL draft picks on O and another NFL draft pick in Chazz on D. Those kinda players can hide a lot of flaws. Without those guys, these upperclassmen don't look very good.

Not sure where they go or what they should do from here. If you clean house, what happens to the current recruiting class? Do guys transfer? If you keep everything the same, will we be wasting the talent?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reactions: UNC91 and nepsy7
Yeah- but here is the difference. Im pretty intimate with ND and I agree, I think they are probably a top 15 team at best but Kelly figures out away to win. Up until this year and next years class they dont recruit at a top 10 level and yet Kelly gets 10 wins 5 of the last 6 years. HAs gotten rolled in the BCS but so does everyone else.

Florida state and Ga Tech are terrible losses and frankly they got rolled. Va Tech at their place tougher.

Not a Dabo guy but I think this is the one year you can look at injuries for them and see them take a step or two back. That said......he still gets 9 wins at a minimum.

Wisconsin sucks. Chryst is terrible.
I agree they got rolled by both GT and FSU. I said it on this thread that the FSU QB would steamroll this D, and it did as they always have trouble with mobile QB's. GT rightfully played the mobile QB, and the same result happened. You see a few flashes from players and then they regress the next week. No consistency.

I agree they got rolled by both GT and FSU. I said it on this thread that the FSU QB would steamroll this D, and it did as they always have trouble with mobile QB's. GT rightfully played the mobile QB, and the same result happened. You see a few flashes from players and then they regress the next week. No consistency.
I dont follow them like you do but they just seems real flat dont they?? Most excitment I have seen from them is Echols on the kick off coverage. Just zero energy.

The recruiting has been good, but a lot of these starters are Fedora's guys. The preseason hype was based on the last 2 years recruiting, guys like Pinder, KBJ, Sutton, Nash, Boykins, Power, Rara, Silver, Edmonds, Stephens, Ritzie, Paysour, Blackwell etc.

Entire OL, TE, all but one starting WR, all but one starting on the DL, CB, FS are Fedora guys.

Last year looked like progression because of what the offense did under Sam, 4 NFL draft picks on O and another NFL draft pick in Chazz on D. Those kinda players can hide a lot of flaws. Without those guys, these upperclassmen don't look very good.

Not sure where they go or what they should do from here. If you clean house, what happens to the current recruiting class? Do guys transfer? If you keep everything the same, will we be wasting the talent?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Everytime I see Javonte run the ball for the Broncos last years results look more understandable. Man he is special.

I dont follow them like you do but they just seems real flat dont they?? Most excitment I have seen from them is Echols on the kick off coverage. Just zero energy.
Agreed 100%. Flat, lazy, under prepared. Read something today where a person close to the program said guys on D making their own checks from the original call and not relaying that check to other players. So you've got guys on D playing different coverages, just one big mess.

My GOD did Power start the game with a bang! Hate it he got ejected. Would love for him to start at some point this year. See what you've got with these young guys heading into next year.

Agreed 100%. Flat, lazy, under prepared. Read something today where a person close to the program said guys on D making their own checks from the original call and not relaying that check to other players. So you've got guys on D playing different coverages, just one big mess.

My GOD did Power start the game with a bang! Hate it he got ejected. Would love for him to start at some point this year. See what you've got with these young guys heading into next year.
The differences between wins and losses are always so stark. Last year MacK is smiling and dancing in the locker room. Now he looks old and tired. I wonder if he is starting to look at the exit strategy.

The differences between wins and losses are always so stark. Last year MacK is smiling and dancing in the locker room. Now he looks old and tired. I wonder if he is starting to look at the exit strategy.
Def nothing to dance about this year. Just don't know how they're going to go about this. He knows he's got a lot of young talent on the roster and a very nice recruiting class coming in. I think a part of him wants to see that talent on the field but I also think a part of him wants to get out of dodge.

Rice is committing next week. Part of me wants him to obviously go to UNC, another part of me wants him to go somewhere else and flourish. The OL coach at UNC is atrocious.

I imagined them business as usual at the receiver spot. IMO they were extremely successful recruiting WR’s. A plug and play situation. Not the drop off expected.

Def nothing to dance about this year. Just don't know how they're going to go about this. He knows he's got a lot of young talent on the roster and a very nice recruiting class coming in. I think a part of him wants to see that talent on the field but I also think a part of him wants to get out of dodge.

Rice is committing next week. Part of me wants him to obviously go to UNC, another part of me wants him to go somewhere else and flourish. The OL coach at UNC is atrocious.
I know a place where Olineman go to become All-pros. MArtin, Nelson,Stanley, Mcglinchey.......Kid will fit right in with Fisher and Spindler..

Reactions: remotecougar
I imagined them business as usual at the receiver spot. IMO they were extremely successful recruiting WR’s. A plug and play situation. Not the drop off expected.
Dyami's brother has a severe case of the yips. He was injured in the Summer, not sure if it's confidence or if it's something else. The other 2 WR's just can't get any separation. They've got 3 freshman that I wish they would give a shot as the older guys just aren't getting it done.

With the exception of teams with elite depth up front all these teams are about the same. Unc could play GA tech and FSU again and the results could be the opposite. Been around this game a long time and rarely is it a matter of lack of talent in the first 22. It comes down to planning, executing and being prepared to play mentally. I can tell you there were times when I stepped on the field and was hyped and ready to play my ass off (i.e. when we beat clemson) and their were other times when the emotion and preparedness was not there. It may have been I wasn't concerned about our opponent or my mind was distracted by some pretty unc coed I meet. You noticed I didn't say duke because boy Pickens were slim. My point is these kids are no different. That is why I'm amazed how Bama has kept this thing going. Yeah they are talented but they are always ready to play for 99% of the time. This past week is a prime example they didn't believe Texas a&m had a snowball chance and look what happened. You think that shit doesn't happen at UNC!

Last edited:
Dyami's brother has a severe case of the yips. He was injured in the Summer, not sure if it's confidence or if it's something else. The other 2 WR's just can't get any separation. They've got 3 freshman that I wish they would give a shot as the older guys just aren't getting it done.
What’s going on with Justin Olson? Loved that kid in High School. Hough had 5 FBS DB’s in the secondary his senior year. He lit them up like Xmas. I thought he would get on the field early.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT