ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Williams#3. Is he the best ever?

Javonte is truly amazing! Great young man on and off the field. There have been many greats at WRH over the years such as Nate Irving, Johnnie Glaspie, Jr., Ricky Brown, Vischon McKenzie, Melvin Edwards (Javonte’s cousin)...and on and on I could go. My nod has to be with Javonte. Never encountered a kid so focused and grounded. He truly understands the importance of having a PLAN B if football isn’t his profession and from my understanding he has a pretty solid PLAN B! Wish him the best and will be rooting for him in all that he does whether it’s PLAN A or B!

Last edited:
I would leave him at RB could be in the running for the Heisman in the future, he has a good upside to him if he stays healthy and the coaching staff use him the right way. I heard UNC want to bring in three freshman RB's this year.
He is good but I believe Heisman is a long shot

I would leave him at RB could be in the running for the Heisman in the future, he has a good upside to him if he stays healthy and the coaching staff use him the right way. I heard UNC want to bring in three freshman RB's this year.

He would need a new coach and total revamping of an offensive line. That place is a joke. But hey they got jumpman on the uni's.

He would need a new coach and total revamping of an offensive line. That place is a joke. But hey they got jumpman on the uni's.
Like I said depend on the team and how they use him. Just as talent as any RB's in the country.

Reactions: dogs79
to win a Heisman you gotta play for Notre Dame, or a top five team from a power conf....ala..,Ohio St.., Southern Cal., etc....UNC hasn't anyone since Charlie Justice in the late 1940's to even been mentioned for Heisman....He finished 2nd to Doak Walker in either 1948 or 1949 (can't remember which)...and most experts agree he should've won it the year he finished 2nd in Heisman race............................good luck to Williams he's a good one....would've loved to see him go to NCSU...........

Reactions: thekidd12
to win a Heisman you gotta play for Notre Dame, or a top five team from a power conf....ala..,Ohio St.., Southern Cal., etc....UNC hasn't anyone since Charlie Justice in the late 1940's to even been mentioned for Heisman....He finished 2nd to Doak Walker in either 1948 or 1949 (can't remember which)...and most experts agree he should've won it the year he finished 2nd in Heisman race............................good luck to Williams he's a good one....would've loved to see him go to NCSU...........
Don McCauley finished ninth in 1970. The Tar Heel running back broke OJ Simpson’s national record for single season rushing yards. I suspect the Duke Blue Devils considered that serious mention. 47 carries for 279 yards, a single game record for UNC at the time. I was on the sidelines that day and it was a wonder to behold.

Dalvin Cook didn’t win Heisman. James Conner didn’t win Heisman, CJ Spiller, Devonta Freeman, etc. ... No ACC running back has ever won a Heisman. To say that Williams has a chance to win the Heisman is laughable. It will be a great accomplishment if he can make 1st team all conference before it Is all said and done.

I'm a Heels fan and I'm stoked that Javonte committed to them, but there is a .00001% chance that he would even be in the running for the Heisman. Being that hornet is the one that even brought it up tells you all you need to know.

Justice finished second in 48 and 49. Walker and Norte Dame end Leon Hart. Chuck Badnarik was third in 48.

It was just two years ago the Heels won 11 in a row and went to ACC Championship where they got a horrible call in crucial time of the game.Last year they had 7 players drafted including the number 2 pick overall.By they way Mitch is having a heck of a season as the starting QB on the talentless Bears.

Fun fact.NC State University has only won TWO NCAA National Championships in all men and women sports.74 and 83 basketball championships and that is all.So Sad.

Reactions: dogs79 and TheMule
It was just two years ago the Heels won 11 in a row and went to ACC Championship where they got a horrible call in crucial time of the game.Last year they had 7 players drafted including the number 2 pick overall.By they way Mitch is having a heck of a season as the starting QB on the talentless Bears.

The path to the ACC championship has been easier for Carolina with VT and Miami struggling. This past year VT and Miami have improved. I expect Miami to be the Clemson of the coastal for the next several years. Let me ask this since you would like to simply cast me aside as a hater ( which I am ) are you satisfied with the coaching at Carolina?

Fun fact.NC State University has only won TWO NCAA National Championships in all men and women sports.74 and 83 basketball championships and that is all.So Sad.

Possibly end up in top 6 in directors cup this year. Football staff is getting better and better with recruiting. NC State recruits that stay and graduate have degrees that will benefit them in life. Yea I'm a Wolfpack fan and proud of it. They are not known as a National lier and laughed at by all the major colleges. Beside I was discussing something pertaining to Williams.

As for Mitch I haven't watched an NFL game since the 3rd week. Diehard Skins fan that has put it aside. I'll probably never watch again. Chicago did a poor job in the draft last year. If they repeat that then he would be wise to look elsewhere if he can. Honestly he has all the talent to succeed. I wouldn't want him to fail because he went to Carolina. Thats not me.

Possibly end up in top 6 in directors cup this year. Football staff is getting better and better with recruiting. NC State recruits that stay and graduate have degrees that will benefit them in life. Yea I'm a Wolfpack fan and proud of it. They are not known as a National lier and laughed at by all the major colleges. Beside I was discussing something pertaining to Williams.
If you get a chance read the book Personal Fouls.

have heard that Javonte will NOT redshirt as the coaches have said they can use him right away. He is enrolling in January.

UNC also played zero ranked teams that whole season I believe (minus ACC championship). Extremely weak schedule.

If you get a chance read the book Personal Fouls.

Why would I be stupid enough to put money in a lying hole fans pocket?? Nothing in that book was ever proven to be truthful. Yea State had some kids in college that couldn't do college work. None of them got a diploma either. In Carolyna they would have made straight A's. Some of them sold shoes for money and courtesy tickets. Big deal. Compared to Carolyna today that lied to the NCAA and betrayed a trust that the NCAA was founded on I'm very comfortable with where NC State now stands.

Not to diminish Williams great year but right now he would probably be #4 on the UNC depth chart at RB - at best.

True freshman rarely play.

Hope he develops and contributes down the road.

Why would I be stupid enough to put money in a lying hole fans pocket?? Nothing in that book was ever proven to be truthful. Yea State had some kids in college that couldn't do college work. None of them got a diploma either. In Carolyna they would have made straight A's. Some of them sold shoes for money and courtesy tickets. Big deal. Compared to Carolyna today that lied to the NCAA and betrayed a trust that the NCAA was founded on I'm very comfortable with where NC State now stands.
You are aware that your Wolfpack is the most penalized school in the history of the NCAA?

Best not to throw rocks if you live in a glass house.:(

Not to diminish Williams great year but right now he would probably be #4 on the UNC depth chart at RB - at best.

True freshman rarely play.

Hope he develops and contributes down the road.
Williams is a rare talent. If Fedora wants to win, he'll have a game controlling run game and Javonte will be the rb that can handle it even as a freshman. He is the best back on UNC

You are aware that your Wolfpack is the most penalized school in the history of the NCAA?

Seriously? Guess they need to learn to lie. You guys should give it up if you have to go back to a time only a few here would even be old enough to know about. You do know Carolyna was involved also right?? But go ahead with 50-60 year old history. Rewrite the civil war while you are at it. I know truth hurts.

Mule, you really believe that.
After the recent years of investigations and violations including 2 Accredition probation periods, I don't think I'd say a word. Somethingv to really be proud of

Reactions: Otis4411
Mule, you really believe that.
After the recent years of investigations and violations including 2 Accredition probation periods, I don't think I'd say a word. Somethingv to really be proud of
Now Wiz, you guys need to quit reading that rag of a newspaper in Raleigh. Even the NCAA doesn't believe what they wrote.:)

Now Wiz, you guys need to quit reading that rag of a newspaper in Raleigh. Even the NCAA doesn't believe what they wrote.:)
They must have; they found UNC in violation, thy just elected not to punish them. Did you actually read the NCAA report? Have you read the Southern Accreditation reports? I have. These aren't published by the N&O?

They lied when asked about their admission to SAC's that they committed academic fraud. The NCAA was founded on member institutions self governing themselves and reporting infractions themselves. Carolyna broke the mold with their lying. But I'm glad Carolyna fans are proud. It says a lot.

Reactions: Wizard of the East

Wolfpack fans are like the liberal media they say whatever they want to say and believe it to be the truth.I have 4 State alumni in my immediate family and they are so jealous of the UNC success in so many sports it is unreal.Be proud for this young man that he has a full ride to a D1 school with great academics and hope things go great for him.

jealous of what? As for Javonte, he best of luck to him. State got the beter running back Shrine Bowl MVP Person.

The best running back in nc is going to Ga . zamir white.. If im not mistaken the kid that plays running back for scotland..

We'll see.

UNC has great academics but its for the regular student that enrolls and picks their course work. Athletes on scholly have their schedule handed to them by advisers that only care for one thing "keeping them eligible". Javonte hopefully has family that will not allow them to do that. Odds are he will never see the NFL so if he wants to get in to the medical field he better set his sights early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT