ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Williams#3. Is he the best ever?

The future is bright next year for Northeastern. Unlike Williams, both Freshwater and Walker are jrs. They have the offseason to lift weights and work out at combines. Next year they have the potential to do really big things here and really put our team on the map and everyones radar.

Both of them are really good backs. I know State is giving Freshwater a good look and they should be looking at Walker too. I'm friends with someone on the staff so when i get the chance his name will come up.

Special thing about Williams definitely is talent and academic excellence which RARELY comes out of Duplin County. Tons of talented kids who don’t apply themselves. Keyshawn Cannady is the only other student I can remember who has what Javonte does

Reactions: blackbulldog
Both of them are really good backs. I know State is giving Freshwater a good look and they should be looking at Walker too. I'm friends with someone on the staff so when i get the chance his name will come up.

Otis that would be great, I'm a huge supporter of NC STATE, I'm a die hard fan,lifetime. If you have a connection with the coaching staff please put in a word for him. They have already offered Freshwater, but I'm hearing hes leaning towards VT, but if true, it's still early and things can change. Many here think Walker is better than Freshwater, I'm not n agreement but then again I'm a basketball guy. Regardless, NHS will have 2 of the top recruits in the state next year, and quite possibly the #1 overall recruit in NC.

Reactions: blackbulldog
Academics at UNC is a joke compared to an Ivy league education. I'm not telling him to go anywhere. Tons of NFL players? I think that's a little inflated. Aspiring to be better? 3 wins this season. Recruits are de-committing. UNC is not the dream situation some may think it is or was.

Their top recruit just decommited, he's either going to NC STATE or ND, from what I've been told. UNC football is a mess. Every year the media hypes them all up, it's crazy.

I heard a former Wolfpack athlete say he had a class where the the only thing he had to do was just show up sign the attendance sheet and leave. There are easy classes at every school. But UNC academics which are now more strengenth than ever now is a viable education for anyone and no its not Harvard or Yale.
exactly. everybody wants to cry and call UNC cheaters but pretty much EVERY school does this! UNC just got targeted. thats the only difference. my sister got a full scholarship to ECU and she told me how many "perks" many of the athletes there got. especially football players. she said things like this happen all the time. people just hate on UNC because they win so many titles in basketball! they got robbed by the refs in 2015-2016 and they won it in 2016-2017. deal with it. GO HEELS!!!

He certainly impressed me. I was thinking Freshwater was going to be the one to watch but Williams put on a show. He looked like Bus part 2! Then again Newkirk was no slouch. He hit tge hole quick and if they missed him nobody was going to catch him. Same think for the other back NE had. Walker I think. He was fun to watch too but Williams is just a special player. He is as good on defense as offense. The only long run Freshwater got was when Williams was on the sideline having a cramp rubbed out. I nudged dog79 and pointed that out to him on that play. I hate to see UNC get a player like that but he is good.
Yeah they loaded the box some and he six and seven people
y'all have to realize that freshwater is a linebacker not a running back our running got hurt when he came back they kept freshwater there he going to college for linebacker

Otis that would be great, I'm a huge supporter of NC STATE, I'm a die hard fan,lifetime. If you have a connection with the coaching staff please put in a word for him. They have already offered Freshwater, but I'm hearing hes leaning towards VT, but if true, it's still early and things can change. Many here think Walker is better than Freshwater, I'm not n agreement but then again I'm a basketball guy. Regardless, NHS will have 2 of the top recruits in the state next year, and quite possibly the #1 overall recruit in NC.
Freshwater good at what he do and Walker is good at what he do

Started not to comment because I know Deanna is a huge hole fan but I can tell you why my kid would never go there and I will do the same with all kids from West Craven. Erik Highsmith! Good kid that always did good at West Craven. My wife taught him. I spent a lot of time with him helping with school stuff. Smart kid well mannered. Never a problem. Goes to UNC and gets caught up in the easy way they have. Now what is he remembered for?? Had more potential than Justin Hardy. Serving our Nation in the Military now.

How can you make such general comments about a university you never attended? My daughter was a chemistry major at UNC and I promise you that if you have a chemistry degree from UNC then you EARNED it. She was a HS valedictorian, earned scholarships but those classes kicked her butt and would kick yours too. If you want to make generalizations, that is your right but know that most thinking people can see through your statements. The idea that everyone who graduates from UNC is the beneficiary of paper classes simply is not true. If anything the rigor has increased significantly due to the actions of a few.

How can you make such general comments about a university you never attended? My daughter was a chemistry major at UNC and I promise you that if you have a chemistry degree from UNC then you EARNED it. She was a HS valedictorian, earned scholarships but those classes kicked her butt and would kick yours too. If you want to make generalizations, that is your right but know that most thinking people can see through your statements. The idea that everyone who graduates from UNC is the beneficiary of paper classes simply is not true. If anything the rigor has increased significantly due to the actions of a few.
It needed to increase

as does everybody else's. especially for all the student athletes who get pampered at EVERY school.

But to the point of this post, WRH manages to produce some pretty amazing athletes. I keep looking for that “down” year when their talent seems to thin out but I haven’t seen it yet.

But to the point of this post, WRH manages to produce some pretty amazing athletes. I keep looking for that “down” year when their talent seems to thin out but I haven’t seen it yet.
I hope it doesn't,but maybe the next 2 years,the talent level will be down a little

Ivy league schools don't offer athletic schollys correct? I am sure Williams is bright without question, but free education at some very good schools is hard to turn down

Reactions: Fire Cat and dogs79
Ivy league schools don't offer athletic schollys correct? I am sure Williams is bright without question, but free education at some very good schools is hard to turn down

Youth team I sponsored sent two players to Ivy League school. One was an orphan that was a two time first team FCS All American. Was on a couple of practice squads. Special young man. Sent others to great schools for free and had some attend D2 schools at no cost with football money and other scholarships and grants that did not require repayment.

If you are accepted at Harvard, and most other Ivy schools, funding is a non issue. A family of two (parent and child) with a gross household income of under about $70k per year will cost less than $5,000 total with Harvard financial aid package. There are some other grants that will zero this out. That is tuition, books, dorm room, meals, and basic personal living expenses. Standard would be about $75k. The cost of an Ivy League education is not the roadblock. Getting in and keeping up are. Rigorous.

If you ever have the chance to go to the Yale game at Harvard make it happen. Quite interesting and fun!

Another one for the bucket list should be West Point.

I doubt your daughter was playing football though which is what the discussion is about. The cheating being discussed here was not broad across the whole student body. I have kin that went there and i know how they feel and the perception they feel everyone has about it. They feel just like you! Sounds like you have a daughter to be proud of. I just wouldn't send mine there. I spent my money at App State. Got 1 more to go but not sure where yet.

Yeah they loaded the box some and he six and seven people
y'all have to realize that freshwater is a linebacker not a running back our running got hurt when he came back they kept freshwater there he going to college for linebacker

That's even better. Lord knows we need linebackers. Hoping for Wilson too but there is tough competition there now.

Reactions: daagoob

I don't really have that type of connection but I can ask if they have looked at him, considered him.

Youth team I sponsored sent two players to Ivy League school. One was an orphan that was a two time first team FCS All American. Was on a couple of practice squads. Special young man. Sent others to great schools for free and had some attend D2 schools at no cost with football money and other scholarships and grants that did not require repayment.

If you are accepted at Harvard, and most other Ivy schools, funding is a non issue. A family of two (parent and child) with a gross household income of under about $70k per year will cost less than $5,000 total with Harvard financial aid package. There are some other grants that will zero this out. That is tuition, books, dorm room, meals, and basic personal living expenses. Standard would be about $75k. The cost of an Ivy League education is not the roadblock. Getting in and keeping up are. Rigorous.

If you ever have the chance to go to the Yale game at Harvard make it happen. Quite interesting and fun!

Yep tgat is true. No football scholarship but they just make it work in other ways as tou describe. He would still get a free education and what an education it would be.

Personally I hope the idea of combining schools never, ever comes to fruition. I love the fact that each team pretty much has a rival and the competition to beat the other is what makes the games so great now. There's not many things better than having the WRH vs JK battles for the right to go to the ship. A lot of those kids know each other and I'm sure lots are actually kin to each other as well. It's just an electric atmosphere at those games. As far as a hypothetical school name I'd say it would be called something simple, like Duplin High or maybe even Duplin Central High.

That being said, I hope JK never wins another game, period.

Reactions: dogs79
Personally I hope the idea of combining schools never, ever comes to fruition. I love the fact that each team pretty much has a rival and the competition to beat the other is what makes the games so great now. There's not many things better than having the WRH vs JK battles for the right to go to the ship. A lot of those kids know each other and I'm sure lots are actually kin to each other as well. It's just an electric atmosphere at those games. As far as a hypothetical school name I'd say it would be called something simple, like Duplin High or maybe even Duplin Central High.

Tru dat

Maybe combining schools would help some of these guys into school.... all the talent in Duplin County goes to waste athletes are more so used for their talents and pushed off... I haven’t seen any coaches really apply themselves to help get these guys into school like in other counties... If school is a problem for the athlete get them extra help it’s not hard because it’s definitely being done all over the east except for DC.... We have D1 athletes here also always have but how many are D1?

Reactions: ADOGBITES
Maybe combining schools would help some of these guys into school.... all the talent in Duplin County goes to waste athletes are more so used for their talents and pushed off... I haven’t seen any coaches really apply themselves to help get these guys into school like in other counties... If school is a problem for the athlete get them extra help it’s not hard because it’s definitely being done all over the east except for DC.... We have D1 athletes here also always have but how many are D1?
I love Duplin County football. I hate jk,ed. But I ain't giving up WRH period. There wouldn't be DC football without JK,ED,ND,WRH.

IVY academic schools offer many academic scholarships that are much more prestigious. It's not about economics

You're absolutely correct about the Ivy school value. An ivy school diploma is a might big meal ticket. West Point or the Naval Academy have the same value

Haha I know that comment was all in good fun (but you really mean it) it’s ok that’s what makes it fun. We will be back!! I’ll pull for WRH in the postseason unless it’s against JK.

I love Duplin County football. I hate jk,ed. But I ain't giving up WRH period. There wouldn't be DC football without JK,ED,ND,WRH.
so you are finally admitting that you hate ED! im proud of you for being honest.

I know this is crazy hypothetical thinking and it wouldn’t happen in a million years but it would be a excellent treat to have ED and WRH play each other one more time in a exhibition after the State Championship for a ultimate bragging rights game. Donate all the proceeds to charity, give these two great teams one more spotlight

There have been many athletes who were very capable academically, but I do agree with coaches promoting their players is huge. That’s one of the things I love about Coach Motsinger. He does an outstanding job at promoting his players. Going to a D2 or D3 school isn’t a bad option as long as the education is FREE! That’s always should be the ultimate goal is to assist these kids with an opportunity to further their education as well as an opportunity to continue playing. STUDENT-ATHLETE!

I doubt your daughter was playing football though which is what the discussion is about. The cheating being discussed here was not broad across the whole student body. I have kin that went there and i know how they feel and the perception they feel everyone has about it. They feel just like you! Sounds like you have a daughter to be proud of. I just wouldn't send mine there. I spent my money at App State. Got 1 more to go but not sure where yet.

Otis - if she was on the team that would explain their record! I am in year 7 of having 1, 2 or 3 children in college at one time. This is the LAST year thank heavens. Good luck to you and your wallet!

Otis - if she was on the team that would explain their record! I am in year 7 of having 1, 2 or 3 children in college at one time. This is the LAST year thank heavens. Good luck to you and your wallet!

App State was not as bad. UNC is what? 26k? App is around 15K. Or was a couple of years ago.

Well evidently Javonte never wants to compete for a championship again. Great kid and best of luck to him after football. Have fun losing to the Pack for the next 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT