ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Williams#3. Is he the best ever?

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year. We need NC State they make us look good.

All Time Records
Football
UNC 66 - 35 - 6
Basketball
UNC 164 - 77
Baseball
UNC 160 - 129 - 1

Not going to post Olympic sports that's even more lopsided lol. If I was a state fan I would be jealous (bitter). Nothing but facts. I thank God everyday that I'm a Tar Heel. Blue Heaven baby......

Otis, go back over on crack pride and read some good lies about the Heels............you guys are hilarious lmfao

Oytis far as that goes i would be 100 percent correct if i said most colleges give student atheletes schedule they already have picked to keep them eligible to play sports it their cash cow to have those guys on the field. Hope u doing good tho. Otis

How many scholarship football players would be admitted to the schools if they were in the general student applications group? Very few! Playing football is the basically equivalent of adding a 40 hour work week.

I have worked with players that went to these schools. An average student at an at best average high school and they are expected to walk into and compete in the academic arena against the top students from some of the best high schools in the state and nation.

UNC has great academics but its for the regular student that enrolls and picks their course work. Athletes on scholly have their schedule handed to them by advisers that only care for one thing "keeping them eligible". Javonte hopefully has family that will not allow them to do that. Odds are he will never see the NFL so if he wants to get in to the medical field he better set his sights early.
Guess you forgot about when N C State QB Glennon bragged that he graduated from Wolfpack Land without ever sitting foot in a classroom.:(

Reactions: DogsRunItUp
Guess you forgot about when N C State QB Glennon bragged that he graduated from Wolfpack Land without ever sitting foot in a classroom.:(

Don't forget about that super strenuous "Parks and Recreation" class that most of their players major in. Wait, how about that NASA-level, Nobel Prize Awarding "Introduction to College" class they have that lots of the basketball players took for 4 years.

Red brick college does the same as every other and if any pecker fans deny it, it's just being a hypocrit. Remember my peckers fan friends, better to be green with envy than red with hate.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year. We need NC State they make us look good.

All Time Records
Football
UNC 66 - 35 - 6
Basketball
UNC 164 - 77
Baseball
UNC 160 - 129 - 1

Not going to post Olympic sports that's even more lopsided lol. If I was a state fan I would be jealous (bitter). Nothing but facts. I thank God everyday that I'm a Tar Heel. Blue Heaven baby......

You should do Olympic sports as well lol

What specifically do you think makes them better than White?

I haven't seen Zamir or Person but I have watched Javonte Williams play in 2 big games against top competition. Northeastern and Reidsville. Williams ran over and through tacklers. Averaged 18 yards a carry for the season prior to the title game. I would have to see White in person to ever believe he could be better than Williams. Those recruiter ranking services are not always correct.

Willaims better runner than white,white is bigger faster but i give the nod to willaims 18 yards a carry nobody in the country averaged that but him just saying...

Reactions: Otis4411
I have watched the best running backs for years in this state. White is the most complete and best overall back I have watched play. His ability to go from zero to full speed, top end speed, excellent vision, cutting off the block along with his power are phenomenal. Throw in his play in the passing game both short and vertical pushed him even further out.

Williams ended the year at 14.4 to White's 14.1. Both impressive. Yards per carry is a nice stat but normally you are not going to see the higher yards per carry in a tough 4A conference opposed to the smaller classifications. Combination of platooning but to me the amount of depth allowing for more speed to be on the field is a big difference. I always told people TA McLendon would have put up big numbers playing at Independence or Richmond but he would not have had the number of TDs or 12 plus yards per carry as he would not have had as many break away runs.

For NC Player of the Year Williams would have been my runnerup to Harding's Crouch for the honor due to state champions and being big time players on each side of the ball.

Williams did not get the carries that Person did in the Shrine Bowl and it is hard to tell in that game as much about the back as you may in a system where he is more comfortable although some think you can tell more because it is more raw and natural. Some players work better off repition especially when you consider they have eight total practices. Thought Person was a little looser in the hips but not as strong. Williams may be the type of player that can be used in multiple situations and positions for UNC.

Last edited:
Willaims better runner than white,white is bigger faster but i give the nod to willaims 18 yards a carry nobody in the country averaged that but him just saying...

He ended up at 14.4 for the years. There were a few NC backs in that area including Witherspoon from Hibriten being over 15 ypc.

Reactions: beamer24
He ended up at 14.4 for the years. There were a few NC backs in that area including Witherspoon from Hibriten being over 15 ypc.
Charlie Justice still holds the NC record at 18 yds per carry if I remember correctly.

FWIW, the best running back I saw this year was McKinney of East Montgomery (and yes, I was at the Wallace Rose Hill/Reidsville game).

I thought McKinney was committed to App St but someone told me he signed with Wake Forest?

McKinney to Wake. He is impressive. Has the frame to carry more weight than about 200 he is at. Very good top end speed.

UNC or other instate schools poached App State recruits lol. White was the best rb I've seen all year

UNC or other instate schools poached App State recruits lol. White was the best rb I've seen all year

App had a really good season too. That is a beautiful school and campus. My oldest girl went there and now my other girl is waiting on a letter of acceptance.

Reactions: daagoob
App had a really good season too. That is a beautiful school and campus. My oldest girl went there and now my other girl is waiting on a letter of acceptance.
One of my very besat friends has told me you haven had a great college football experience until you go to a game at App State

Kinda even hard to believe App State didnt offer Javonte. Seems they're focusing in on Dillon, SC. Kinda surprised their not focusing alil more attention out east of the state.

BTW how far is Dillon from Wallace?

Probably two hour drive. In car with limited traffic it take over 1.5 hours.

WRH always seems to come up with a good schedule for a combination of a few strong opponents and a couple of good gate opponents. They are on a home and home with Havelock. Dillon could possibly replaced the Rams in the future.

Would be an interesting series esp. sonce both reload annually. Lots of similarities between both schools

Would Wallace-Rose entertain a home and home with Dillon, since they're only an hr apart?

I have no idea. I'm a West Craven alumni. WRH became "my" team after we lost to South Granville in the 2nd rd. lol

otis4411 are you old enough to remember a playoff game between W. Craven and Reidsville (2nd round 1990)?? Reidsville won the game 27-21 after being ahead 21-0 at the half....Rams had to make a goal line stand at the end....West Craven had Lee Becton as star RB (who later played at Notre Dame).....Game was played at West Craven......First and only time the 2 teams have played...not likely in the future since the Rams have been a 2A school since fall of 1997...............

otis4411 are you old enough to remember a playoff game between W. Craven and Reidsville (2nd round 1990)?? Reidsville won the game 27-21 after being ahead 21-0 at the half....Rams had to make a goal line stand at the end....West Craven had Lee Becton as star RB (who later played at Notre Dame).....Game was played at West Craven......First and only time the 2 teams have played...not likely in the future since the Rams have been a 2A school since fall of 1997...............

Yea I'm old enough. I coached Lee in little league. I helped my cousin who was coaching the team. Lee was special. I helped Tony Caprara (former lb at Georgia played with no facemask) coach little league when it first started around Vanceboro. Coached Jesse Campbell. For you UNC fans you may remember him. You never beat him.
That playoff loss was a heartbreaker to us.

Ran into Becton and Tony Rice tailgating at a Notre Dame game a few years ago. He lives around Chicago and works in corporate America. His daughter was attending ND. He had a West Craven classmate with him. Real tall, white guy that was an attorney named Stacy.

I'm not sure who the attorney would be. Lee was at the Army All American game this past weekend. He posted a picture of him and David Robinson together. It's funny looking at him with gray in his beard. I'm 58. Old enough to remember Green Bay when Lombardi was the coach. Barely.

On second thought it may have been Stacy Lee. He played with Becton all the way through school. Good kid Eagle scout so it's possible he went to law school.

Show some proof, I for one would like to see where your source came from. Not calling you a liar, just show the evidence.

Show some proof, I for one would like to see where your source came from. Not calling you a liar, just show the evidence.

He can't do that. A scholarship athlete at NC State is logged in everytime they have to be in class. If they are not logged in (on an ipad direct to coaches) they will have to answer for it. Glennon graduated early anyway which makes it even more stupid.

"It's actually very nice," Glennon said. "I got to focus as much as I could on football and then go back and worry about my academics. I didn't have a schedule where I had to get to class, so it really freed up me to be able to study as much film and evaluate myself and the opponent."

See, there is the proof.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT