ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball HS Baseball State Playoff Championship games

The Tuscola at North Davidson game will be at 5pm this afternoon. Tune into listen online WPTL 101.7 FM or 920 AM or you can listen in on the Tuscola Sports App as well. Branson Reece and Kenny Mull on the call for the Tuscola Sports Network.
Thanks for this. If Tuscola can come out with the energy they had at West on Tuesday, win or lose, they'll have left it all on the field. The coaches had those boys ready.

West Forsyth 5
Reagan 0

Jack. Vest (ETSU Signee) pitched
2 hits
1 Walk
11 K’s

Game played at Wake Forest. Largest crowd I have seen at a HS other than a state championship. No HS in Forsyth county could have handle it.
West plays TC Roberson tomorrow night.
TC Roberson has a very nice baseball stadium, probably third best I've seen in NC after Shelby and Cherryville. They can handle a good-sized crowd, but after 1,500 or so it would probably get uncomfortable. I think Roberson will have a good turnout, so, should W. Forsyth travel well, it might behoove people to get there early.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
TC Roberson has a very nice baseball stadium, probably third best I've seen in NC after Shelby and Cherryville. They can handle a good-sized crowd, but after 1,500 or so it would probably get uncomfortable. I think Roberson will have a good turnout, so, should W. Forsyth travel well, it might behoove people to get there early.
Normally travel very well, but you are never sure with distance and being a workday. Thanks for update, I will plan on arriving early.

OBTW, Shelby is in another category, that’s a minor league park.

So I decided to come and watch East Rowan play at Station Field in Granite Quarry. I was debating on Maiden solfball down the rd at North Stanly or this game. I did manage to get a good BBQ at Gary’s. Hard to to beat. Game time here at Station field is at 6pm. Gates open 4:30. East Rowan vs Oak Grove. Make no mistake. East Rowan might be ranked and seeded #1 but Oak Grove will be tough team to play. Oh yes. Best of luck to Maiden girls solfball team tonight. I’m pulling for them.

Last edited:
So I decided to come and watch East Rowan play at Station Field in Granite Quarry. I was debating on Maiden solfball down the rd at North Stanly or this game. I did manage to get a good BBQ at Gary’s. Hard to to beat. Game time here at Station field is at 6pm. Gates open 4:30. East Rowan vs Oak Grove. Make no mistake. East Rowan might be ranked and seeded #1 but Oak Grove will be tough team to play. Oh yes. Best of luck to Maiden girls solfball team tonight. I’m pulling for them.
There will be standing room only at that game Gary’s barbecue is worth the trip

I’m real impressed what I saw of East Rowan. They are a hitting machine. Reminds me of South Rowan from 2 years ago. I honestly believe they have the ingredients to go all the way. But one game at a time. Waiting to see who they play next. Cobb Hightower is a beast. I believe a UNC commit. Also congratulations to Oak Grove for making this far in the playoffs. They are no slouch. #11 for them is a slugger. 1st inning he cracked a homer bringing in a run to go up 2-0 in the 1st inning. Last account I heard East Rowan girls was tied with Kings Mountain 0-0 in the 6th inning. Not sure how that game turned out.

North Stanley vs Burns will resume tomorrow at 1 at Shelby High School. Left off with Burns leading 2-0 in the bottom of the 2nd. Burns had based loaded and 2 outs. I assume they pick up where the game stopped?

Er wins 8-7 very entertaining game.
Glad to hear that!! I attended the morehead vs Randleman game and have never seen such a groups of d*#%bags as morehead!!! They acted like they had never won before (which I guess might be true). One outfielder was constantly yelling obscenities at Randleman throughout the game…..I got news for morehead the state title traditionally runs through Randleman and East Rutherford so they need to have a lil respect when playing these teams!!! It’s not 100 percent the kids fault either. The morehead coach definitely had never seen much success on baseball field judging on how he acted after strikeouts ect. I stood on third base line (near morehead dugout) and heard nothing but inappropriate language!! Sickening!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT