ADVERTISEMENT

MA Baseball

Didn’t none of yall go to game? If this had been a football game there would’ve been 8 pages of comments on individual performances and differences of opinions on coaches decisions.
I need detail

Havent you heard we dont have time we are all in Charlotte recruiting for football players!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: thekidd12
I and a small crew of "tailgaters" went to American Roadhouse early yesterday afternoon planning on going to game. Unfortunately the food was so good and we ate so much that it was all we could do to get up from the table. That place should be in the Eating Places Hall of Fame!

Last edited:
But we finally did get to the "cow pasture field" and after the cows were run off the field the game was begun.
Mt Airy scored one right off the bat and I was sure Mt Airy was going to send the UCA pitcher to the showers. That did not happen.

UCA batters could do little with Hawks except look at the wind breaking and then hearing the umpire call strike three. But unfortunately sometimes he called Ball 4 and around the 4th or 5 inning UCA got the bases load with one out. Outstanding chance to score one or more. Hawks was not having any of that and got out of the inning.

One of the UCA batters did not like how things were going, so in the 6th inning, I think it was, he got around on one of Hawks 90 MPH fastballs and knocked the cover off ball. He tried to take Hawks Head off with a shot like a shot out of a gun. MY Goodness, he hit that ball.
But Hawks, not wanting his head taken off, got his glove up just in time to catch that linedrive for the out and saved his life and game.

A little earlier in the game Mt Airy got runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. The Bears tried a squeeze bunt, it was laid down very well. But the Eagles played it perfectly and nailed the runner at home. The game stayed 1-0.

Hawks completed the game as did the Eagle pitcher.

Mt Airy actually hit the Eagle pitcher pretty well, but UCA playing like the defending State Champions they are, playing lights out defense. Hawks did hit 2 balls that if we had been in Mt Airy would have been Home Runs, but we were not at Mt Airy so they were just very long outs.

Saturday should be a very interesting game. Looking forward to it and welcoming the great people from Randolph County back to Mt Airy.

But we finally did get to the "cow pasture field" and after the cows were run off the field the game was begun.
Mt Airy scored one right off the bat and I was sure Mt Airy was going to send the UCA pitcher to the showers. That did not happen.

UCA batters could do little with Hawks except look at the wind breaking and then hearing the umpire call strike three. But unfortunately sometimes he called Ball 4 and around the 4th or 5 inning UCA got the bases load with one out. Outstanding chance to score one or more. Hawks was not having any of that and got out of the inning.

One of the UCA batters did not like how things were going, so in the 6th inning, I think it was, he got around on one of Hawks 90 MPH fastballs and knocked the cover off ball. He tried to take Hawks Head off with a shot like a shot out of a gun. MY Goodness, he hit that ball.
But Hawks, not wanting his head taken off, got his glove up just in time to catch that linedrive for the out and saved his life and game.

A little earlier in the game Mt Airy got runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. The Bears tried a squeeze bunt, it was laid down very well. But the Eagles played it perfectly and nailed the runner at home. The game stayed 1-0.

Mt Airy actually hit the Eagle pitcher pretty well, but UCA playing like the defending State Champions they are, playing lights out defense. Hawks did hit 2 balls that if we had been in Mt Airy would have been Home Runs, but we were not at Mt Airy so they were just very long outs.

Saturday should be a very interesting game. Looking forward to it and welcoming the great people from Randolph County back to Mt Airy.
Fans definitely watched a great game

I and a small crew of "tailgaters" went to American Roadhouse early yesterday afternoon planning on going to game. Unfortunately the food was so good and we ate so much that it was all we could do to get up from the table. That place should be in the Eating Places Hall of Fame!
Good ain’t it? Whenever we “go out to eat” I try to talk her into going there.

Reactions: kingbluedevil

This^
Well done sir…
Well done 👏👏👏

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Game 3 at Mount Airy Tonight @ 7:00 PM
# 1 Mount Airy
# 2 Uwharrie Charter

This game is streaming on WSYD 1300, click link below. I won't be posting scores tonight. Maybe someone else can and if not I will post the finals when I get home.

Last edited:
UCA won 11 to 0 to head toward their 2nd State Championship in a row. They went up 3 to 0 in the top of 3rd (I believe it was) and then in the top of the 7th a combination of Mt Airy falling apart and UCA taking advantage of every opportunity.

I said early that they are a very well coached and talented team and THEY SURE ARE THAT.

Mt Airy's season ended with 26 wins and only 3 loses, 2 to UCA. This is the Bears best Baseball season since 1939.
Best of luck to UCA next week.

Ok, I must have been typing the message above as REWhitley posted the score.
UCA will probably repeat as the 1A State Baseball Champions this year as back-to-back champions. Good luck UCA and glad I missed this one but the Bears have nothing to hang there heads about with the best season since the mid-1930s.

UCA won 11 to 0 to head toward their 2nd State Championship in a row. They went up 3 to 0 in the top of 3rd (I believe it was) and then in the top of the 7th a combination of Mt Airy falling apart and UCA taking advantage of every opportunity.

I said early that they are a very well coached and talented team and THEY SURE ARE THAT.

Mt Airy's season ended with 26 wins and only 3 loses, 2 to UCA. This is the Bears best Baseball season since 1939.
Best of luck to UCA next week.
Excellent post @REWhitley…

Oh great now the Charter playing for another SC…
Woohoo

Reactions: sbbbfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT