ADVERTISEMENT

Western Foothills early thoughts

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
This is Conference that gets overlooked. This should be a fun Conference to follow in 2024. This in no order below.

1. Hickory 3A State Champions. They have alot returning in 2024 including their QB that started Varsity when he was a Freshmen

2. East Lincoln won the State Title 2022. They have alot returning in 2024.

3. Statesville has a lot returning and should be very competive in the Conference.

4. North Lincoln they are loaded with players returning.

5. West Iredell might have something to say about this in 2024. They have a few good skill players returning.

6. ST Stephens don't know much about what they will have in 2024

7. Fred T Foard they should end their long losing streak in 2024

8. North Iredell they do have a QB thats quick and very athletic.

Any other thoughts?

Looks good to me. Hickory definitely will be the favorites for sure. East Lincoln n Statesville could be be a good matchup.

Reactions: Doppleganger#
I wouldn’t overlook North Lincoln a whole lot. A lot returning yes but biggest things they got coming back is a one two punch young running back duo that was one of the best around. If the Oline is improved watch out.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I mean this is a no brainer - Hickory - Statesville - NL and EL are the top 4 ;

Statesville will be better since Ethan Peet is back for his senior yr at QB

NL is loaded and always a tough outing. Coach Bazzled been around so he know how get everything out of his players

EL - Idk too much about theme but I’m sure they will be improved compared to last year

Hickory - Maybe a slightly down but still have a great core returning and once again the favors

WI-NI-SS-Foard will battle it out for bottom half and tbh I think Foard could win a few games this yr

Reactions: Champ_24
This is Conference that gets overlooked. This should be a fun Conference to follow in 2024. This in no order below.

1. Hickory 3A State Champions. They have alot returning in 2024 including their QB that started Varsity when he was a Freshmen

2. East Lincoln won the State Title 2022. They have alot returning in 2024.

3. Statesville has a lot returning and should be very competive in the Conference.

4. North Lincoln they are loaded with players returning.

5. West Iredell might have something to say about this in 2024. They have a few good skill players returning.

6. ST Stephens don't know much about what they will have in 2024

7. Fred T Foard they should end their long losing streak in 2024

8. North Iredell they do have a QB thats quick and very athletic.

Any other thoughts?
In all honesty - I can see Foard to 6th or possibly 5th

West has talent but for me rn has too many ?s

North Iredell - I don’t see much outta them

St Stephens lost a lot so

Wouldn't surprise me to see a different conference champion.

23 Hickory
22 East Lincoln
21 Statesville

This League never disappoints

Bear in mind NL prob has the most of all the teams with tallent returning next to Hickory’s returns of course. Not too sure of Statesville returns prob 85% return. EL questionable but will have a winning season no doubt. NL has that running back duo that will be a Jr and a soph. Not track stars but know how to get yards. With a line around them if they are bigger and improved they will surprise people more than most think. They had Hickory on edge for a half last year in playoffs and only loss besides Statesville and WL(prob played bad that game) was against Hickory.

Any NL insiders that know more than I do please comment. Should be an interesting season and one that they will need to make noise this year if they ever wanna break the 3rd round blues. They’ve never been to the 4th round in the schools history

Bear in mind NL prob has the most of all the teams with tallent returning next to Hickory’s returns of course. Not too sure of Statesville returns prob 85% return. EL questionable but will have a winning season no doubt. NL has that running back duo that will be a Jr and a soph. Not track stars but know how to get yards. With a line around them if they are bigger and improved they will surprise people more than most think. They had Hickory on edge for a half last year in playoffs and only loss besides Statesville and WL(prob played bad that game) was against Hickory.

Any NL insiders that know more than I do please comment. Should be an interesting season and one that they will need to make noise this year if they ever wanna break the 3rd round blues. They’ve never been to the 4th round in the schools history
NL at best MAYBE and that's a stretch have the 4th most talented team in the WAC. Just speaks how deep this conference is

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold

We go through this every year NL is always young and inexperienced. Those sophomores and freshmen should be juniors and seniors or graduated by now

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
We go through this every year NL is always young and inexperienced. Those sophomores and freshmen should be juniors and seniors or graduated by now
Not exactly. This past years team was younger than usual and was winning and racking the rush yards. I been quiet on many of NLs years cause either there was not much to talk about or as you say the conference is deep. Their days of the easy/somewhat easy 2A are long over as they have had to learn to overcome the 3A jump as EL had to do the same. So many people living in the area now to work in Charlotte and avoid living there. I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir on that one. They’ll be ok wait and see. Hey if I’m wrong I’ll be prepared to be wrong.

Could this year be North Lincoln best football team ever?

I like North Iredell QB Jaden Sells very athletic.
FYI it’s Kaleb Sales

Also north will give everyone a run in conference this yr. Good strong core back and a veteran HC

Statesville should be very good but I agree let see what happens on the field bc we can say this every yr and they dont produce in playoffs but tbh playoffs in iredell co in football has been lack luster

FYI it’s Kaleb Sales

Also north will give everyone a run in conference this yr. Good strong core back and a veteran HC

Statesville should be very good but I agree let see what happens on the field bc we can say this every yr and they dont produce in playoffs but tbh playoffs in iredell co in football has been lack luster
Beat South Point in the Playoffs... Red Raiders are no joke... JUST SAYING !!!!!

Beat South Point in the Playoffs... Red Raiders are no joke... JUST SAYING !!!!!
Ok but doesn’t change the fact that

They only have 1 State title appearances in 1990 and Regional final appearances in 2012 but Nothing to show with all that talent they have year in and out

I like Statesville , Have no problem with Statesville but it’s a known fact they can’t get it done vs East Lincoln , Dudley , Kings mtn etc all those are major 3A Programs

That’s the truth but I can’t anything bc That is a iredell co problem too bc our playoffs as a whole county is trash

Ok but doesn’t change the fact that

They only have 1 State title appearances in 1990 and Regional final appearances in 2012 but Nothing to show with all that talent they have year in and out

I like Statesville , Have no problem with Statesville but it’s a known fact they can’t get it done vs East Lincoln , Dudley , Kings mtn etc all those are major 3A Programs

That’s the truth but I can’t anything bc That is a iredell co problem too bc our playoffs as a whole county is trash
So harsh...

So harsh...
It maybe harsh but Facts are facts

I did a playoff success thing a long time ago and Mooresville has lost a lot in 1st n 2nd round - Statesville lose a ton in 2nd rounds and etc

Also There been a handful of successful playoff runs in Iredell and ONLY 1 State title in last 10-15 which was South Iredell

Mooresville 2011
Statesville 2012
South Iredell 2012
LN 2014
Maybe South in 2015 or 16 it was

But very limited playoff success - no one had reached the 4th rounds of the playoffs or further since those teams listed above have - Mooresville on a 12 year and counting of not making it past the 2nd round

BUT there no denying Statesville has had the most talent year in and out and not much to show for it but again that’s not just a Statesville issue in term of others in Iredell Co struggle in playoffs

There been a lot great talent in this county and nothing to show for it either bc Josh Ladowski almost singled handily got LN to state title in 2014

Brady Pope prob one of the best QB we have seen in last 10 yrs in term of passing ability

Tommy Bullock and Travis Ramsuer are also some of the best in their times

We have seen many great RBs as well

We lack in QB play and OL play bc look at other counties around us who have more success - Winston Salem , Cleveland Co , Gaston Co to an extent , CMS , etc

Iredell is comparable to Alexander Co , Rowan , Wilkes , Cabarrus , etc bc we are above avg and we do really well but struggle in playoff success and lack what other major town like CMS/Winston have

It maybe harsh but Facts are facts

I did a playoff success thing a long time ago and Mooresville has lost a lot in 1st n 2nd round - Statesville lose a ton in 2nd rounds and etc

Also There been a handful of successful playoff runs in Iredell and ONLY 1 State title in last 10-15 which was South Iredell

Mooresville 2011
Statesville 2012
South Iredell 2012
LN 2014
Maybe South in 2015 or 16 it was

But very limited playoff success - no one had reached the 4th rounds of the playoffs or further since those teams listed above have - Mooresville on a 12 year and counting of not making it past the 2nd round

BUT there no denying Statesville has had the most talent year in and out and not much to show for it but again that’s not just a Statesville issue in term of others in Iredell Co struggle in playoffs
Statesville 2021

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT