ADVERTISEMENT

Hough

Im not going to knock a kid so It is a big pickup in term of that kids athletic ability and he is a 3 star for a reason n he has a ton of D1 offer so .... I may not like hough but Kids come there bc they do get their kids to college and thats why kids transfer there.
The kid already has a ton of offers. I wouldn’t say Hough will be “getting him to college”.

There are always available apartments in Hough’s zone for players with multiple D1 offers though. The early signing period means something totally different at Hough than it does at most high schools.

Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
The kid already has a ton of offers. I wouldn’t say Hough will be “getting him to college”.

There are always available apartments in Hough’s zone for players with multiple D1 offers though. The early signing period means something totally different at Hough than it does at most high schools.
Like I said Im not going knock at Kid. Hough is known getting kids to college and they do have some solid coaches there as well i mean When u had Olsen as a coach that is a big appeal - Why u think people like Storm Monroe who was at Mooresville went to Hough and Other so AGAIN I dont like HOUGH at all but Level of Comp Hough plays in MC, Chambers n Such is appealing to a lot people, Hough is always ranked high in most NC football guys eyes and They always have talent no matter if they are home grown or not and Hough isnt the only school get big time recruits but they just do it more on a consistent basised

• Haha
Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
Like I said Im not going knock at Kid. Hough is known getting kids to college and they do have some solid coaches there as well i mean When u had Olsen as a coach that is a big appeal - Why u think people like Storm Monroe who was at Mooresville went to Hough and Other so AGAIN I dont like HOUGH at all but Level of Comp Hough plays in MC, Chambers n Such is appealing to a lot people, Hough is always ranked high in most NC football guys eyes and They always have talent no matter if they are home grown or not and Hough isnt the only school get big time recruits but they just do it more on a consistent basised
He was already getting offers prior to Hough. If you’re good enough schools will find you. If Hough didn’t win it last year not sure if they will win it all this year. I expect Mallard Creek to be good in that conference while Butler and Independence will be good in the city.

The majority have offers before they arrive. Hough is Hough 🤷🏾‍♂️ When they figure out they don’t need to recruit an entire team they’ll start building a real program.

Last edited:
Spearman has committed to Louisville and has moved to LB. This program is run like a small college and really prepares these kids for college ball. The coaches have great relationships with colleges coaches. The Hough hate is real but things are much more above board than most think.

Spearman has committed to Louisville and has moved to LB. This program is run like a small college and really prepares these kids for college ball. The coaches have great relationships with colleges coaches. The Hough hate is real but things are much more above board than most think.

Yeah, its two sides of a story. Of course, I know a lot of kids come to hough, but I just hear from the posters here.

I think the biggest issue most have with Hough is most of these guys that transfer in already have offers n stars so Hough doesn’t do “much” I mean idk what value Hough bring bc I’m not at Hough or inside but when u already have 10 D1 offers n 4 star as a player idk what Hough can add to that that u don’t already have

Just ex : That royal kid - He a 8th grader - He already have college interests and I think he may have few offer I could be wrong and I think he regard as one top QB in NC on website so I mean Talent is talent some have it some don’t

If Hough used Homegrown talent which most of Hough players aren’t - if they used hometown talent n actually build them up with maybe 2-3 transfers only then that’s different but when u get at least 4-5 guys that are already D1 then it doesn’t mean as much

I get it. Like I said above, its the coaching and the environment. One thing for certain is that offers really don't mean a thing except that you have potential. That potential has to be developed and if that talent is not, those "offers" go away (have seen this a lot). These kids get better everyday because of the level of talent that they have to compete against in practice and you want to be in a scheme that fits your talents. You also want to be at a place where get exposure and all of the big boys will be coming to see those practices. Finally, you get to play in arguably the thoughest conference in the state and if you are a copetiter, that's what you want.

I think the biggest issue most have with Hough is most of these guys that transfer in already have offers n stars so Hough doesn’t do “much” I mean idk what value Hough bring bc I’m not at Hough or inside but when u already have 10 D1 offers n 4 star as a player idk what Hough can add to that that u don’t already have

Just ex : That royal kid - He a 8th grader - He already have college interests and I think he may have few offer I could be wrong and I think he regard as one top QB in NC on website so I mean Talent is talent some have it some don’t

If Hough used Homegrown talent which most of Hough players aren’t - if they used hometown talent n actually build them up with maybe 2-3 transfers only then that’s different but when u get at least 4-5 guys that are already D1 then it doesn’t mean as much
Hough homegrown kids are the same as Lake Norman & Mooresville. It would take them decades to sniff a Championship without recruiting the U.S. They've been hitting the High School portal for over a decade. 0-11 State Championships.

I get it. Like I said above, its the coaching and the environment. One thing for certain is that offers really don't mean a thing except that you have potential. That potential has to be developed and if that talent is not, those "offers" go away (have seen this a lot). These kids get better everyday because of the level of talent that they have to compete against in practice and you want to be in a scheme that fits your talents. You also want to be at a place where get exposure and all of the big boys will be coming to see those practices. Finally, you get to play in arguably the thoughest conference in the state and if you are a copetiter, that's what you want.

Lol what???? Hough doesn't do anything but choke. Zero coaching and zero " big boys coming to them practice". You need put the bottle down. All hough transfers are star athletes and will find a college team regardless

Reactions: nepsy7 and New3ra
Kids transfer to Hough because they think it's what's best for them. These kids don't care about State Championships they only care about recruiting and getting hype on Instagram. Face it people this is the LeBron era. Stack talent on a squad. The Jordan era which some of you grew up in was our block vs your block. It's not that way anymore.

Have they ever brought in any big time linemen? I see skill players only that I
None that I recall and in reality it's been a ton of DBs mostly. Really, if you look back there really have only been a handful of kids that were real productive at the next level. A half a dozen 4 star kids that never really excelled for one reason or another. The best kid to come out of Hough transfered after his sophomore season.

Reactions: btango
Kids transfer to Hough because they think it's what's best for them. These kids don't care about State Championships they only care about recruiting and getting hype on Instagram. Face it people this is the LeBron era. Stack talent on a squad. The Jordan era which some of you grew up in was our block vs your block. It's not that way anymore.
Lebron was ever on one stacked team (Miami) and his goal was to win a championship (going against what you mentioned above). Calling this the Lebron era is disingenuous. This is just the era of people taking control of their own destiny. Whether if it pans out or not.

Lebron was ever on one stacked team (Miami) and his goal was to win a championship (going against what you mentioned above). Calling this the Lebron era is disingenuous. This is just the era of people taking control of their own destiny. Whether if it pans out or not.
I have often thought it was the era of listening to people that care more about what the player can do for them than what they can do for the player. Possibly the era of listening to people that really do not know as much as they think.

Great players normally stand out no matter where they are. The right coaching is HUGE but usually more valuable the seasons before the senior campaign.

If this player had a great season and camps this summer but stayed at his current school would his offers have been better than coming to Hough? Will Hough help him get more and better looks from schools in this area that he may not have been getting.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Cleveland was kinda stacked. Kevin Love was a top five power forward when he was traded to Cleveland and Kyrie was a multi time all star. When Bron joined LA, he tried to get Kawhi to join him and Anthony Davis back in 2019 then a couple years later got Westbrook even though it didn’t work out.Bron is the leader of the super team era.

In regard to Hough, I don’t know what attracts students to Hough. In the early 2000s if you’re a QB you wanted to go to Independence with Knotts and Olympic (i forgot the coaches name but they had Antonio Miller at QB) to develop and get college looks. Butler used to put out DB’s and running backs into good schools then eventually turned into a QB factory. So I would understand if a QB moved into the district for that reason. Mallard Creek with the line and skill players is another factory. I honestly don’t know what makes Hough this magnet for talent. They are a really good program but not a program that has real history and prestige in my opinion.

The majority have offers before they arrive. Hough is Hough 🤷🏾‍♂️ When they figure out they don’t need to recruit an entire team they’ll start building a real program.
Hough uses the number of offers as a way to filter out their recruitment board. 5 offers or less…. They won’t call 😂😂

Lol what???? Hough doesn't do anything but choke. Zero coaching and zero " big boys coming to them practice". You need put the bottle down. All hough transfers are star athletes and will find a college team regardless
You apparently don't know to much about the program and definitely don't know who comes to these practices and that's ok, sometimes ignoracne is bliss. It's not just about finding a college team, its about maximizing their potential and getting to the best school they can. In recent years, they have put kids in Ohio State, North Carolina, NC State, and have kids committed to Penn State, Oklahoma, Lousiville, and Clemson along with James Madison and Coastal Carolina right now. Guess those coaches never came to practice since you know more than I do and I'm also guessing your school has done that. The current team has 10 kids with D1 offers. You do the math... As far as the choking goes, you have to be in a position to be able to choke, nobody talkes about teams that don't even get into that position, but do have to make a couple of plays here and there to get over the hump but don't worry, its coming...

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
I have often thought it was the era of listening to people that care more about what the player can do for them than what they can do for the player. Possibly the era of listening to people that really do not know as much as they think.

Great players normally stand out no matter where they are. The right coaching is HUGE but usually more valuable the seasons before the senior campaign.

If this player had a great season and camps this summer but stayed at his current school would his offers have been better than coming to Hough? Will Hough help him get more and better looks from schools in this area that he may not have been getting.
I think the player that has good but not great or elite measurable probably gets a small boost versus some of the bottom programs in the area. The 3-4-5 star kid gets very little. That said, the Cornelius/Huntersville area is a hot growth area. Several of their coaches are heavily involved in these traveling 7 on 7 teams thus the reason why they always get a bunch of talented DBs/ WRs to transfer. The parents are sold on the dream of not having to pay for college.

You apparently don't know to much about the program and definitely don't know who comes to these practices and that's ok, sometimes ignoracne is bliss. It's not just about finding a college team, its about maximizing their potential and getting to the best school they can. In recent years, they have put kids in Ohio State, North Carolina, NC State, and have kids committed to Penn State, Oklahoma, Lousiville, and Clemson along with James Madison and Coastal Carolina right now. Guess those coaches never came to practice since you know more than I do and I'm also guessing your school has done that. The current team has 10 kids with D1 offers. You do the math... As far as the choking goes, you have to be in a position to be able to choke, nobody talkes about teams that don't even get into that position, but do have to make a couple of plays here and there to get over the hump but don't worry, its coming...
You must be new. They've been doing what they do since 2012. Opened 2010. They've been coming up short for over a decade, with the most stacked teams in the city. The majority of those kids are not home grown.

Last edited:
It's great that they can get kids into college and get them opportunities after high school. That's their best selling point(and a really great one). Winning titles should not be talked about. I think it would be hard to develop any type of chemistry when players with only 1 or 2 years left transfer in.

Last edited:

You sound like a parent or coach. Wouldn't send my dog to Hough. Put kids wherever you want to. They don't know what a team is and never will. They been doing this for over a decade and can't win anything. Lol the coach should be fired and AD should be let go for allowing this bs to even be happening. Name one that is actually doing anything at the next level lol. Maybe one? Btw I know the program with great knowledge, as my college teammate kid was there

Just change the name of Hough to IMG if all they are worried about is hype and having coaches come to practices. Now being in the west makes it tougher to make it to a state title game and this year East Forsyth and Grimsley will be tough to get past but if you have 163636362 D1 kids there should be a NCHSAA championship appearance one would think. Maybe this year is the year.

• Haha
Reactions: Warhead1 and 87SwO
Hough is
10-6 vs Chambers (Most of those wins early 2011-2015) it’s been back n forth recently

6-13 vs Mallard Creek

3-2 vs MP

Shocking enough they are 2-0 vs East Forsyth

2-4 vs Indy *Havent played since 2014

1-1 with berry *2011/2012 seasons*

0-1 vs Grimsley

0-3 vs Butler

Ofc that’s from maxpreps so could be little off but seems accurate or close enough to get a idea from it

If this aint one of the dumbest statements ever made. You say Lebron era stack teams? But The Boston Celtics dynasties historically were stacked teams with players from different blocks. LOL. Russell, Havlicheck, Sam Jones, Cousy, then Bird, Maxwell, McHale, Parrish, then Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rondo. Alot of those guys came from different blocks or were the result of purposeful tanking. Hell they even added Shaq. This before LBJ correct?

The Lakers had Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, AC Green on one team. They added Sam Perkins too. Guess this wasn't stacking? Then lets not forget Shaq, Kobe, Fisher, Fox, Grant, Harper, Horry. This before LBJ correct? How about the Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone team? or the Dwight Howard, Gasol, Kobe, Nash, Ron Artest Lakers?

The Jordan era Bulls? They had multiple All-Stars on those teams, and when Mike got beat they added Rodman, Harper, Kukoc, Kerr and Luc Longley. This before LBJ correct?

The Spurs tanked and added Duncan to Robinson and an already loaded team. This before LBJ correct?

The LBJ hate has to stop. He's a player that plays hard, keeps his body clean, respects his family, stays out of trouble and dominated EVERYWHERE he goes for nearly 20 years. Plays the game the right way and folks are upset about a decision in which he donated money to underprivileged children. He didn;t get drafted to the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, or major market. In his 21st season he is a favorite to win it all. LBJ didn't create stacked teams, they been in the NBA.

Now to Hough. They do get a bunch of transfers. But to examine it a little further you will see that a great deal of their talent goes there in the 9th grade. Hough is in a great area of town and has diversity and great academics. Their nearby comp IE Hopewell, North Meck, and West Charlotte are not diverse nor strong academically. So you will get parents pushing for Hough if they live in that area. Take away maybe 5 teams in the entire state, the other 98% would love to have Hough's success the past 10 years. Hough gets guys noticed, competes consistently, great academics, school safety and has great culture. Not a Hough fan at all, but it is what it is. Take football away and Hough is easily the top school in the area. Lets not forget that aspect as it plays a BIG role. There's a reason Myers Park, Providence, South Meck, and Hough are 4 of the biggest HS in the state. Its bigger than football. The 2027, and 2026 classes that Hough has are great. Hough aint going nowhere anytime soon, but they wont win a title though.

Reactions: New3ra and dw4444
If this aint one of the dumbest statements ever made. You say Lebron era stack teams? But The Boston Celtics dynasties historically were stacked teams with players from different blocks. LOL. Russell, Havlicheck, Sam Jones, Cousy, then Bird, Maxwell, McHale, Parrish, then Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rondo. Alot of those guys came from different blocks or were the result of purposeful tanking. Hell they even added Shaq. This before LBJ correct?

The Lakers had Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Scott, Cooper, AC Green on one team. They added Sam Perkins too. Guess this wasn't stacking? Then lets not forget Shaq, Kobe, Fisher, Fox, Grant, Harper, Horry. This before LBJ correct? How about the Shaq, Kobe, Payton, Malone team? or the Dwight Howard, Gasol, Kobe, Nash, Ron Artest Lakers?

The Jordan era Bulls? They had multiple All-Stars on those teams, and when Mike got beat they added Rodman, Harper, Kukoc, Kerr and Luc Longley. This before LBJ correct?

The Spurs tanked and added Duncan to Robinson and an already loaded team. This before LBJ correct?

The LBJ hate has to stop. He's a player that plays hard, keeps his body clean, respects his family, stays out of trouble and dominated EVERYWHERE he goes for nearly 20 years. Plays the game the right way and folks are upset about a decision in which he donated money to underprivileged children. He didn;t get drafted to the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, or major market. In his 21st season he is a favorite to win it all. LBJ didn't create stacked teams, they been in the NBA.

Now to Hough. They do get a bunch of transfers. But to examine it a little further you will see that a great deal of their talent goes there in the 9th grade. Hough is in a great area of town and has diversity and great academics. Their nearby comp IE Hopewell, North Meck, and West Charlotte are not diverse nor strong academically. So you will get parents pushing for Hough if they live in that area. Take away maybe 5 teams in the entire state, the other 98% would love to have Hough's success the past 10 years. Hough gets guys noticed, competes consistently, great academics, school safety and has great culture. Not a Hough fan at all, but it is what it is. Take football away and Hough is easily the top school in the area. Lets not forget that aspect as it plays a BIG role. There's a reason Myers Park, Providence, South Meck, and Hough are 4 of the biggest HS in the state. Its bigger than football. The 2027, and 2026 classes that Hough has are great. Hough aint going nowhere anytime soon, but they wont win a title though.
The differences are how they got stacked. Jordan didn't say....trade me to the Lakers so I can play with Magic. A guy like Olajawon didn't ask to take his skills to Boston so he could cement his legacy.

Different time and place now for sure but there is no question the players are now looking to put themselves in positions to win.

Reactions: beamer24
The differences are how they got stacked. Jordan didn't say....trade me to the Lakers so I can play with Magic. A guy like Olajawon didn't ask to take his skills to Boston so he could cement his legacy.

Different time and place now for sure but there is no question the players are now looking to put themselves in positions to win.
Lebron didn’t request for a trade from Cleveland or anywhere, he was a free agent…

Players have always moved, it’s just openly talked about more now.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Lebron didn’t request for a trade from Cleveland or anywhere, he was a free agent…

Players have always moved, it’s just openly talked about more now.
(Lakers) Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Nixon, Cooper, McAdoo, Wilkes, Scott. I don't believe those guys prematurely talked about playing with each other. They had the master mind Dr. Jerry Buss. They didn't have the social media outlets back than to openly have conversations about who plays where. Some management teams within programs were smarter than others. Players have way more input now, in comparison to the Lakers & Boston Dynasty days.

So Kareem forcing his way out of Milwaukee wasn't him forcing his way to the Lakers? Kobe asking to be traded before getting Gasol? Magic asking the coach to be fired? Jordan asking for more help when beat by the Magic? Olajuwon was the same guy that played with Pippen and Barkley right? Come on man. The same Barkley that joined a loaded PHX team. Or how about Bird getting Robert Parrish?

Dwayne Wade right before and after Lebron was borderline trash. Wont even touch on Chris Bosh who was quite possibly one of the most overated players of all time. Its a boost to LBJ IMHO to win with Love and Kyrie. Neither are close to being winners on their on.

(Lakers) Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Nixon, Cooper, McAdoo, Wilkes, Scott. I don't believe those guys prematurely talked about playing with each other. They had the master mind Dr. Jerry Buss. They didn't have the social media outlets back than to openly have conversations about who plays where. Some management teams within programs were smarter than others. Players have way more input now, in comparison to the Lakers & Boston Dynasty days.
Nah, Kareem pushed to go to LA and was the cog of that run. Wilt pushed to go to LA. Shaq pushed to go to LA. That's not some great GM, its being in the 2nd biggest market with the 2nd best weather making it the best basketball market in the NBA which it is still today.

Players had input then like they do now. The BIG difference is more teams, less parity, and players exercising free agency and not feeling bad about it.

As for Hough, they are more talented naturally than Lake Norman and Mooresville. No comparison. They will always be a factor, but not a state title contender. To me they'd do better with less transfers and more development.,

Reactions: Chopper747
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT