ADVERTISEMENT

Hough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btango, feeling more and more like thats going to be the outcome. No consistent way in dealing with players that get COVID and what to do with their teammates and other players they have come in contact with. Then with legal liability it becomes a mess. The forms to play football now from the youth level on up are like a home closing package. Just trying to mentally brace myself for the inevitable.

Reactions: btango
I’m a white male who grew up in the inner city of Chicago and Milwaukee ...north side and south side I lived among gangs like Latin Kings,Latin Dragons,Satan disciples,Vice lords,Black gangsters disciples,2-7 and the FOLKS NATION and I experience racism every single day of my life I had to deal with black people/Hispanics calling me a white Boy,cracker,Honkey,peckerwood and I could go on and on,God forbid if I played sports weather on the playground or a stadium/Arena were I was the only white kid amongst 1,000s of black kids,and the shit I had to endure,so let’s not act like racism don’t go both ways because it surly does,oh I forgot black people are oppressed here in this country so they have a right to be angry...and me I just have to say I’m sorry for my freaking white privilege,screw that crap,I had nothing growing up NOTHING,I remember the Salvation Army having to bring boxes of food to my house because my alcoholic father was drinking up all the money,being on free lunch,wearing hand me down cloth from the goodwill,eating leftovers for what seemed like a month straight,coming home from school alone and trying to do my homework all by myself because mom and dad worked the night shift,but I have white privilege right? Screw you if you believe that big lie,...I endured it all on my own my parents never even knew what I had to go though daily as a kid,I didn’t play the victim or want anyone to feel sorry for me,It just made me more and more determined,if I failed at something I dusted myself off and went right back to work not like these little cry babies nowadays ..people are so weak minded now it’s pathetic,claim to be so strong but bitch and complain about everything they can...grow up put your big boy pants on and be a man not some little soy boy beta cuck...racism is not going away it will be here till the end,and until people understand that blacks can absolutely be racist to these problems will continue to plague us...BLM is nothing more that a bunch of Communist Marxist who want the government to take care of them,and if they think I’m ever gonna bow to their demands I got something for them...Get a job

Last edited:
Well didn't take long for this to get rolling - TVille Dawg I know nothing about you but I'm going to bring some info to you and you can take it or leave it. Racism is not calling someone stupid ass names. Racism is a system that prevents you from having the same opportunities as others because of your race. So those gangs you grew up with were bigots but the idea of them being Racists or a part of systemic Racism is a stretch because they held no power over you. You sound angry and if so that is fine. I would rather deal with someone like you than someone who says something and then apologizes for it BECAUSE 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 THEY ARE APOLOGIZING BECAUSE THEY GOT CAUGHT! So while your life was tough the idea that the majority of White America goes through what Black America goes through is something we can debate BUT IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE IMO! The problem with America is no one wants to have a real conversation about RACE and issues that plague this country. There are white folks in Appalachia that have it as bad as probably anyone in America but they still don't face the outward hate. Now they might be looked down on by others and even their own race because I have been told by some white colleagues that there is no reason for White folks to be poor. I don't agree with that because everyone doesn't start at the same point in life. Now on to BLM the idea that BLM folks don't have jobs is part of the hysteria that is thrown out there by the haters. Most of the folks that your talking about or highly educated and work. That would be like me saying the mighty fine folks (lol) that marched in Charlottesville didn't have jobs. You nor I have no idea what these people do for a living. It sounds like you have a problem with Black folks who speak up and you know what that is your right. You had a rough life early on but you are not the rule and I would say you are in the minority for white males not the majority. There are plenty of folks Black and White that grow up in tough circumstances. My dad didn't even know his dad but he worked his ass off and became an educator and had two kids graduate from Duke and Wake Forest and no it wasn't affirmative action for either of us. I have a son who is a rising junior that popped 1300 on his SAT with no prep as a 10th grader and will probably make 1500 in August and he will have his choice of schools and there are some at his school who hate his guts because he is black and they cannot touch him academically with a 100 foot pole. So I will end this by saying your anger is fine and even if your are a bigot or racist ( I have no idea) but that is your right as well. Those kids at Hough can play or not and its none of your freaking business or mine.

I’m a white male who grew up in the inner city of Chicago and Milwaukee ...north side and south side I lived among gangs like Latin Kings,Latin Dragons,Satan disciples,Vice lords,Black gangsters disciples,2-7 and the FOLKS NATION and I experience racism every single day of my life I had to deal with black people/Hispanics calling me a white Boy,cracker,Honkey,peckerwood and I could go on and on,God forbid if I played sports weather on the playground or a stadium/Arena were I was the only white kid amongst 1,000s of black kids,and the shit I had to endure,so let’s not act like racism don’t go both ways because it surly does,oh I forgot black people are oppressed here in this country so they have a right to be angry...and me I just have to say I’m sorry for my freaking white privilege,screw that crap,I had nothing growing up NOTHING,I remember the Salvation Army having to bring boxes of food to my house because my alcoholic father was drinking up all the money,being on free lunch,wearing hand me down cloth from the goodwill,eating leftovers for what seemed like a month straight,coming home from school alone and trying to do my homework all by myself because mom and dad worked the night shift,but I have white privilege right? Screw you if you believe that big lie,...I endured it all on my own my parents never even knew what I had to go though daily as a kid,I didn’t play the victim or want anyone to feel sorry for me,It just made me more and more determined,if I failed at something I dusted myself off and went right back to work not like these little cry babies nowadays ..people are so weak minded now it’s pathetic,claim to be so strong but bitch and complain about everything they can...grow up put your big boy pants on and be a man not some little soy boy beta cuck...racism is not going away it will be here till the end,and until people understand that blacks can absolutely be racist to these problems will continue to plague us...BLM is nothing more that a bunch of Communist Marxist who want the government to take care of them,and if they think I’m ever gonna bow to their demands I got something for them...Get a job
You are wasting your time!

Reactions: BK13T-$

I'm in the Wallburg area. I'll love to sit and converse with you to show you how ignorant your statements are on BLM. As a black high school teacher I want to show you how systematic racism is the very fabric of this nation. I'm sorry to hear about your conditions growing up but there's no comparison at all to being black in America. I'm sure you didn't have police profile you based on skin tone. Lol better yet I live in a very nice neighborhood. Guess what? I was detained by Davidson County sheriff's office because I fit a description of a suspect roaming about my neighborhood. Kinda sucks being in YOUR DRIVEWAY and 3 cars pull into your residence, drawn their weapons and demand you get out. Luckily for me my White neighbor was outside and told them I was the home owner. So yeah buddy let's sit down and chat sometime

Blah blah blah,blah,blah,blah...same old song and dance,,look it up the BLM are trained Marxist the leader even said it her self,nothing but a terrorist organization,I don’t care what you or anybody says,I don’t have to agree with anything you say and bow down to PC,
You did, but stop using the “those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” line. The atrocities of US history, and the actions of oppressors and suffering of the oppressed being the reason why mascot names are being changed because they are linked to the oppressed, will not be repeated to that degree. Not even close. I get what you’re trying to say, but it’s not applicable here, IMO.

Well didn't take long for this to get rolling - TVille Dawg I know nothing about you but I'm going to bring some info to you and you can take it or leave it. Racism is not calling someone stupid ass names. Racism is a system that prevents you from having the same opportunities as others because of your race. So those gangs you grew up with were bigots but the idea of them being Racists or a part of systemic Racism is a stretch because they held no power over you. You sound angry and if so that is fine. I would rather deal with someone like you than someone who says something and then apologizes for it BECAUSE 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 THEY ARE APOLOGIZING BECAUSE THEY GOT CAUGHT! So while your life was tough the idea that the majority of White America goes through what Black America goes through is something we can debate BUT IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE IMO! The problem with America is no one wants to have a real conversation about RACE and issues that plague this country. There are white folks in Appalachia that have it as bad as probably anyone in America but they still don't face the outward hate. Now they might be looked down on by others and even their own race because I have been told by some white colleagues that there is no reason for White folks to be poor. I don't agree with that because everyone doesn't start at the same point in life. Now on to BLM the idea that BLM folks don't have jobs is part of the hysteria that is thrown out there by the haters. Most of the folks that your talking about or highly educated and work. That would be like me saying the mighty fine folks (lol) that marched in Charlottesville didn't have jobs. You nor I have no idea what these people do for a living. It sounds like you have a problem with Black folks who speak up and you know what that is your right. You had a rough life early on but you are not the rule and I would say you are in the minority for white males not the majority. There are plenty of folks Black and White that grow up in tough circumstances. My dad didn't even know his dad but he worked his ass off and became an educator and had two kids graduate from Duke and Wake Forest and no it wasn't affirmative action for either of us. I have a son who is a rising junior that popped 1300 on his SAT with no prep as a 10th grader and will probably make 1500 in August and he will have his choice of schools and there are some at his school who hate his guts because he is black and they cannot touch him academically with a 100 foot pole. So I will end this by saying your anger is fine and even if your are a bigot or racist ( I have no idea) but that is your right as well. Those kids at Hough can play or not and its none of your freaking business or mine.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Yeah I had police roll up on me too many times,dump my things on the ground because I fit the profit of trouble,profile my car follow me around,poor pitiful you,I had the same thing happen to me,I’m not whining about it,I just move on

I'm in the Wallburg area. I'll love to sit and converse with you to show you how ignorant your statements are on BLM. As a black high school teacher I want to show you how systematic racism is the very fabric of this nation. I'm sorry to hear about your conditions growing up but there's no comparison at all to being black in America. I'm sure you didn't have police profile you based on skin tone. Lol better yet I live in a very nice neighborhood. Guess what? I was detained by Davidson County sheriff's office because I fit a description of a suspect roaming about my neighborhood. Kinda sucks being in YOUR DRIVEWAY and 3 cars pull into your residence, drawn their weapons and demand you get out. Luckily for me my White neighbor was outside and told them I was the home owner. So yeah buddy let's sit down and chat sometime
I’m a black male teacher myself, and to be honest you’re wasting your time. The privileged victim mentality is TIRED.

Reactions: Kylar2018
Somebody is mad poor guy. Normally when folks cannot have an adult conversation they just start to rant, call names or just make absurd remarks because they cannot defend their position. Sounds like 45!
Yep! Pretty much. Never got counseling for what he was going through. So now he believes bullying is racism. Skipped about 30 years of history, and woke up angry. I wouldn’t know where to start educating him. Poor guy had a uckedup upbringing. Went through no racism. Today! He’s to angry to entertain the difference.

Last edited:

You seem nice

I have a legit question. These athletes are holding out wanting the school to do something about what the other students are doing. Now if it is at the school or directed at a specific student on social media i can completely understand the school being able to do something. But what can the school really do if this is all on social media and not directed at any one person? The interview I watched there was no mention of it being directed at one person just racist things in general.

Some of you (may) know me personally, some know my “history” (personal and/or professional) - I would speculate many (here now) do not though. For what’s it worth, I’m gonna drop this here and then resume my sporadic, consistently erratic posting habit.

So long as EVIL exists, prejudice - in all its many forms, to include racism - will exist. There is nothing anyone can do about it. The key (for all of us) is to live working to blend the spectral extents of perception with reality, all the while acknowledging the strange layers of rampant subjectivity that will always be lurking. This is what I’ve taught my own (biracial) children and exactly how I will (continue to) counsel, guide, and teach my incredibly multiracial grandchildren. This same practice has underlay the fundamental, philosophical basis of my entire coaching career. Only through such a mindset (and dynamic approach) can the beauty which lies there in be revealed ... that sticks and stones can break bones, but words can never hurt me. Love is the only thing which makes such an ideal possible. Enduring hate - in any form, active or passive, it affects the heart and mind. But, the heart must always prompt the mind to go where logic leads the way. Hate is illogical - regardless of form, direction, or what venue it seeks to navigate and disrupt. Hate often receives adverse response because it literally stimulates the responses it desires. Hate must overcome the heart (where love resides) in order to live, exist, or thrive. We must be smart. We must acknowledge the existence of evil, and in so doing we must hold hands and stand fast in the presence of hate; choosing instead to love. Once we - as individuals, or as a people - can successfully do this, no amount of hate can ever truly hurt us. It is our responsibility to work to deliver our society back to a realistic premise that such an interactive operational dynamic is not only possible ... but NECESSARY. If we are unwilling (or unable) to do so, then “hate” will win. In the end, our “After-Lives” are really what’s on the line ... and that should be what matters most. For IF we all lived life as though “After-Lives Matter” (most), our world would be a radically different place. We can do better. We must do better. Our nation - as a whole - has lost (sight of) God. When you lose God, it is not God who is lost.

Blessings to you all ...

For all of the white people that say white privilege doesn't exist because of how you grew up, have you ever been to Niagara Falls, Ontario? You can feel the mist from the waterfalls almost a quarter mile away from seeing them..

Oh, you haven't been there and seen the falls, or felt the mist? Guess they don't exist altogether..

That's how you sound.

For all of the white people that say white privilege doesn't exist because of how you grew up, have you ever been to Niagara Falls, Ontario? You can feel the mist from the waterfalls almost a quarter mile away from seeing them..

Oh, you haven't been there and seen the falls, or felt the mist? Guess they don't exist altogether..

That's how you sound.
All are privileged, in some way, shape, or form. Experience dictates the type. How any(one) might view experience - be it positive, negative, uplifting, or oppressive - is exclusive to how one utilizes the same to push forward and drive (to matter). 10% of life is what happens to us, the other 90% is how we deal with it. You can feel the presence of God without ever seeing him. Of course - IF you know where (or “how”) to look, you can also see Him.

Matthew 5:1-12 gives us the Beatitudes. Whether analyzed individually or altogether, the message behind it all is (that) ... Suffrage is Blessing. IF we rejoice in the face of (any perceived) persecution, our ability to succeed in this life is all but ensured, and our reward in the next Life is guaranteed. Doesn’t matter where you’ve been, what you’ve seen or ever felt before. No guess work either ... just existence (altogether).

How does that sound? Whether it resonates, or not ... I will pray for you, Evan Pryor, Hough HS, and everyone else. Outlook affects output. Will your experiences be barriers to success, or blessings which fuel the effort, attitude, and determination to succeed? Equality of opportunity never guarantees equity in outcomes. IF nothing else, the game of football teaches that lesson with resounding clarity.

What will be(come) your privilege? In my humble opinion, the “school of hard knocks” builds better Men - IF/when one allows the other 90% of life to determine that end. Whatever we don’t make happen (in life), we surrender (or leave it up) to chance. When we commit to constantly working to succeed, there is no limit to what can happen - only a matter of when our greatest blessings come to fruition. IF we allow “barriers” to corrupt our commitment, then we can blame whom or whatever we wish - however and whenever we choose. Either way, blame is the bedfellow of surrender.

I know what my privilege is ... and it sure ain’t white. I will ask again - what will be (or IS) yours? The answer is lurking somewhere in your 90%. It’s all in how WE choose to view it. Because haters are gonna hate, no matter what.

Last edited:
All are privileged, in some way, shape, or form. Experience dictates the type. How any(one) might view experience - be it positive, negative, uplifting, or oppressive - is exclusive to how one utilizes the same to push forward and drive (to matter). 10% of life is what happens to us, the other 90% is how we deal with it. You can feel the presence of God without ever seeing him. Of course - IF you know where (or “how”) to look, you can also see Him.

Matthew 5:1-12 gives us the Beatitudes. Whether analyzed individually or altogether, the message behind it all is (that) ... Suffrage is Blessing. IF we rejoice in the face of (any perceived) persecution, our ability to succeed in this life is all but ensured, and our reward in the next Life is guaranteed. Doesn’t matter where you’ve been, what you’ve seen or ever felt before. No guess work either ... just existence (altogether).

How does that sound? Whether it resonates, or not ... I will pray for you, Evan Pryor, Hough HS, and everyone else. Outlook affects output. Will your experiences be barriers to success, or blessings which fuel the effort, attitude, and determination to succeed? Equality of opportunity never guarantees equity in outcomes. IF nothing else, the game of football teaches that lesson with resounding clarity.

What will be(come) your privilege? In my humble opinion, the “school of hard knocks” builds better Men - IF/when one allows the other 90% of life to determine that end. Whatever we don’t make happen (in life), we surrender (or leave it up) to chance. When we commit to constantly working to succeed, there is no limit to what can happen - only a matter of when our greatest blessings come to fruition. IF we allow “barriers” to corrupt our commitment, then we can blame whom or whatever we wish - however and whenever we choose. Either way, blame is the bedfellow of surrender.

I know what my privilege is ... and it sure ain’t white. I will ask again - what will be (or IS) yours? The answer is lurking somewhere in your 90%. It’s all in how WE choose to view it. Because haters are gonna hate, no matter what.
Wow

I hear there a Wide Out coming to Hough from Triad area Idk who or what school just heard that from one of my good friends n he worked out with that kid that going to Hough

#HoughUniversity

No way to defend what they’re doing over there. I know some of the Families that have relocated. They’re not pulling in that type of income for residency in Cornelius. This year alone. They have over 18.....smh!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
CDC shows blacks committed higher percentage of hate crimes per population than others.

Nowadays hating someone because of their race isn't racist it seems. Only the system can be rasict i guess.

Keep moving the goal post

No way to defend what they’re doing over there. I know some of the Families that have relocated. They’re not pulling in that type of income for residency in Cornelius. This year alone. They have over 18.....smh!
From what I have been told they use those camps like the one this past weekend to start the conversation then like magic they appear. As long as Hough has the clout this will continue.

CDC shows blacks committed higher percentage of hate crimes per population than others.

Nowadays hating someone because of their race isn't racist it seems. Only the system can be rasict i guess.

Hmm moving goals post this country has always moved the goal post to fit a certain narrative. I would really love to have a face to face conversation with you about race. Its obvious you come from a different background than me - I would just love to hear you out because somewhere in there maybe there is a glimmer of hope. If you don't like black folks or I don't like white folks is irrelevant and here is my point. I could care less about white folks and their confederate flags because those are folks that I would never want anything from or expect anything from. So fly on but what I'm concerned about is systematic racism not some idiot calling me the N word. If Black folks can systemically keep white folks from obtaining fair opportunities in employment and education then they are Racists and are indeed a part of racism on a systemic level. The issue is there are very few cases where blacks control anything where they have the power to deny white folks. So if you are one of those guys riding around with a confederate flag i hope they never take it away because it speaks volumes and I'm prepared ignore your ass or whip it and I have no idea if you do have a flag flying just keeping it real!

CDC?? Please post link for this data.

The kid from Fayetteville barely touched the field last year. I’m good friends with a parent of another 71st player and they said he looks the part. But is very soft

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT