ADVERTISEMENT

Hayesville at E. Randolph

thekidd12, post: 866464, member: 6126"]
Don’t know much about East Randolph…

LoL. Go easy big fella. You seem upset already. It’s all good kid, you’re the heavy favorite in this one so no need to be salty.
Salty???
Man click on my messages posted...
Y'all he called me salty!!!
And upset!!!

Y'all remember that time a newbie said I was worse than a SMC poster?
Think it was the new Mt Airy guy?

Salty...
That's a new one at least...

I just hate that Hayesville doesn't have the really tall kid from a couple of years ago. Really wanted to see him play.
McTaggart was an amazing basketball player, lead two different programs to state titles in hoops. He was a good football player too and went to UNC Charlotte to play football, but he's not there this season and I haven't heard of him transferring anywhere else.

He should've stuck with hoops in my opinion, I believe he had some D1 opportunities for basketball as well and it was definitely his true calling as an athlete.

Last edited:
I think this one will be similar to Hayesville's outing last year in MA. You will see the athletic ability from the kids at Hayesville and they won't quit, but Eastern Randolph will just have too much for them overcome. I would think ER takes this one by 4 TD or 5 TD. That's not meant to offend, ER is just a real good team.

I think this one will be similar to Hayesville's outing last year in MA. You will see the athletic ability from the kids at Hayesville and they won't quit, but Eastern Randolph will just have too much for them overcome. I would think ER takes this one by 4 TD or 5 TD. That's not meant to offend, ER is just a real good team.
Is ER that good? So we shouldn’t even make the trip?

Depends on which Hayesville team shows up. Some things I can never understand how a team like the Jackets, can show up with a killer defence. Then sometimes they don't😕😕. Y'all should have this one in the bag but not sure by 4 to 5 scores. But I will eat these words of y'all do pour it on em!

Salty???
Man click on my messages posted...
Y'all he called me salty!!!
And upset!!!

Y'all remember that time a newbie said I was worse than a SMC poster?
Think it was the new Mt Airy guy?

Salty...
That's a new one at least...
LoL ok man that’s way too many exclamation points you got going on there!!! No way you can be worse than some of these Murphy or Swain folks we have to deal with.

How many ER or Hayesville games were you able to watch this season?

Is ER that good? So we shouldn’t even make the trip?
In my opinion, yes they are that good. You should make the trip. Anyone can win on a given night. Just because one person living miles away from either of these teams thinks one is better than the other doesn't mean they shouldn't. My opinion on this game is worth about as much as the paper it's written on, and as this is on the internet with no paper, that means nothing. Just expressing my thoughts as it was asked by the thread poster. It's not a slight against Hayesville.

How many ER or Hayesville games were you able to watch this season?
In person, zero. Streaming 2 for Eastern Randolph and only one for Hayesville this year. The 2 for Eastern Randolph I did not watch the whole games though, blowouts. They were not much to watch. 1 game each last year against MA, but not the same teams.

But again, just my opinion. Will be happy to take my crow, if Hayesville cooks it up for me.

Depends on which Hayesville team shows up. Some things I can never understand how a team like the Jackets, can show up with a killer defence. Then sometimes they don't😕😕. Y'all should have this one in the bag but not sure by 4 to 5 scores. But I will eat these words of y'all do pour it on em!
Y’all?
Man only people on here on the regular from ER are Chute and myself…
Think the poster you are referencing is an impartial observer.
You should know by now ER folks don’t talk a lot. Playoffs usually bring a couple more out so maybe they will provide some entertainment 🤷‍♂️

LoL ok man that’s way too many exclamation points you got going on there!!! No way you can be worse than some of these Murphy or Swain folks we have to deal with.
That punctuation is simply for effect. Look at any ER thread, 99% of which are started by Chute, and you will notice it’s usually just us posting back and forth. Then he will write a wrap up of game giving credit to players who stood out for both teams. Been that way for years but only time people pay any attention to ER is when their teenagers are going to play them.
We don’t talk smack or degrade anyone. We only get excited when someone says something derogatory about our teenagers or where we live. Way we were raised.

I am in no way associated with Eastern Randolph. I live in Mount Airy and enjoy watching the Granite Bears, but I can't really even say I am associated with them either other than they get some of my taxes and gate money. I went to Hibriten. I have been watching 1A ball for about 13 years now. Before that I pretty much followed the 2A games before Hibriten started dipping toes into 3A. I follow them when I can, but I am not making that 1.5 hr drive every Friday. Don't know that I would say am associated with them much anymore either now that the cousins kids have graduated. The closest they get to me is Ashe County and that was a major disappointment/disaster this year.

That punctuation is simply for effect. Look at any ER thread, 99% of which are started by Chute, and you will notice it’s usually just us posting back and forth. Then he will write a wrap up of game giving credit to players who stood out for both teams. Been that way for years but only time people pay any attention to ER is when their teenagers are going to play them.
We don’t talk smack or degrade anyone. We only get excited when someone says something derogatory about our teenagers or where we live. Way we were raised.
Hey man thanks. Sounds like a nice humble situation you got going on there. Refreshing to hear.

I was just messing with ya a little bit last night after our nice win.

We’re excited around here to have the program headed in the right direction after many many years of just not being competitive. Huge thanks to new coaching staff that started 5 years ago. It’s a close group of players that have come together nicely especially the last two seasons.

I enjoy road trips so the last few seasons have be fun. Thanks for the restaurant suggestion and looking forward to a great game Friday.

This Haysville team has a strong run defense and will keep the score at minimum till the 4th quarter as they don't have the deep to hung with ER . 21 to 7 going into the 4th and it could get ugly after that.

Best defense I can remember a Hayesville team having in a long time...

Reactions: thekidd12
McTaggart was an amazing basketball player, lead two different programs to state titles in hoops. He was a good football player too and went to UNC Charlotte to play football, but he's not there this season and I haven't heard of him transferring anywhere else.

He should've stuck with hoops in my opinion, I believe he had some D1 opportunities for basketball as well and it was definitely his true calling as an athlete.

I agree, he was a much better basketball player. On paper he was a D1 tight end. Not bashing the kid he was a good football player just much better bball player IMO. I didn't know he had D1 basketball offers.

Reactions: thekidd12
Hey man thanks. Sounds like a nice humble situation you got going on there. Refreshing to hear.

I was just messing with ya a little bit last night after our nice win.

We’re excited around here to have the program headed in the right direction after many many years of just not being competitive. Huge thanks to new coaching staff that started 5 years ago. It’s a close group of players that have come together nicely especially the last two seasons.

I enjoy road trips so the last few seasons have be fun. Thanks for the restaurant suggestion and looking forward to a great game Friday.
What is different to make this a new staff, besides McClure being HC from what I remember it’s the same coaches as the previous 3/4 staffs. Yes we are excited for the future of the program.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
What is different to make this a new staff, besides McClure being HC from what I remember it’s the same coaches as the previous 3/4 staffs. Yes we are excited for the future of the program.
Oh wow didn’t know the assistant coaches have been there all that long. I guess HC McClure deserves even more credit then. Sure hope these young men can get this victory Friday. Sounds like it’ll be tough sledding though.

Is this MClure from the same family lineage of Hayesville's six-time state girls basketball champions McClure?

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Should Hayesville Fans make the trip?
Heck yes.
1. American Roadhouse by Al means.
2. ER great place to play and friendly.
3. American Road house.
4. Did I mention American Roadhouse?
LoL So no clear bag policy and metal detectors in place like I’m hearing for the Albemarle/Thomasville game?!

No Way Wow GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT