ADVERTISEMENT

Draughn at Heritage for WHC championship

After watching both I will say that both teams will be able to move the ball. I may be way way wrong but I don’t see Draughn stopping the Green team run game. I think that the green bunch can slow the game down and get a stop or two and pull out the victory. Playing in the hole over there in late season is never easy for an opponent either.

Man this is like picking between being cut with a dull knife or stepping on a rusty nail, but I will say go green,🤮, man that’s hard to say.

Go Mountaineers

Should be a good game. Draughn will be returning some players that have been out while for this championship game. Good luck both teams.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
My only question about Mtn Heritage's D is how well they'll do against the pass. They'll need to blitz and put pressure on the QB if they give him time he'll pick them apart.
Best thing MH can do is what they do best and have long time consuming drives and keep the Draughn offense off the field. Of course MH has no choice because from what it looked like they're a one dimensional offense and besides the strongest part of the Draughn D is their secondary but that said even though they'll know whats coming not sure that Draughn can stop the run.

A

Always lol can't wait to see if they play Mount Airy again. 32 coming for him he'll go ahead and run out of bounds when the ball gets snaps to him..
You have more to say about a program you’ve played 2 times in the history of the schools existence. It’s borderline stalking the way you gravitate to threads that have nothing to do with you. Win or lose Friday it has zero to do with u. This is a WHC thread ma’am. 🫡

Last edited:
Draughn is well coached and will make the adjustments necessary to win. They have a decent balance between their run and pass game to keep the opponent's defense honest. I'll say Draughn comes to play and will not be intimated by MH.

Reactions: CoachHines72
You have more to say about a program you’ve played 1 time in the history of the schools existence. It’s borderline stalking the way you gravitate to threads that have nothing to do with you. Win or lose Friday it has zero to do with u. This is a WHC thread ma’am. 🫡
They played Draughn the year before that as well (Fall 2021) at Draughn. It was pretty much the same result.

I think Draughn takes this game. I think they have the most balanced offense in 1A this year. Not the best offense, but most balanced between run and pass threat. They will be hard to stop offensively unless they run into a complete defense or are just overmatched with atheles on defense. Otherwise, you just have to ball control (which risks a turnover on downs) and/or just out score them. The MH run game might be capable of that given Draughn's weak spot 'appears' to be run defense. MH is fully capable of winning this game, I just think Draughn hold the advantage and would have to go with them.

You have more to say about a program you’ve played 2 times in the history of the schools existence. It’s borderline stalking the way you gravitate to threads that have nothing to do with you. Win or lose Friday it has zero to do with u. This is a WHC thread ma’am. 🫡
Oh and I've got news for you lake James in Western North Carolina or Western highland conference you might be wanting to be. But you still got that little crease. All you lake boys do. All you lake boys do.

Will be battle ,the boys in green will have make daughn QB pocket passer, drop 8 back in coverage , limit big plays. Can the wildcats stop that heritage rushing game. Whoever makes least mistakes wins.

Watch for screen pass if you blitz Draughn
Well blitzing doesn't come without it's own risk but I believe it's better odds then if you do like Mitchell did in the first half and play zone and the Draughn QB has time he can land it on a dime, one TD on Mitchell the guy in the secondary was right with the receiver but he put it right in the receivers hands. But he didn't look nearly as accurate passing when he was running away from a defender in the second half when Mitchell went to man to man and started sending people. But he can run in open field well with them long legs he makes up ground quickly but if he's near the sideline he will go out of bounds if someone is about to hit him.
But I'd rather take my chances with sending people because I just don't think MH secondary can keep up with their receivers.

Reactions: Toeriver
Well blitzing doesn't come without it's own risk but I believe it's better odds then if you do like Mitchell did in the first half and play zone and the Draughn QB has time he can land it on a dime, one TD on Mitchell the guy in the secondary was right with the receiver but he put it right in the receivers hands. But he didn't look nearly as accurate passing when he was running away from a defender in the second half when Mitchell went to man to man and started sending people. But he can run in open field well with them long legs he makes up ground quickly but if he's near the sideline he will go out of bounds if someone is about to hit him.
But I'd rather take my chances with sending people because I just don't think MH secondary can keep up with their receivers.
i agree, but if you do it to much they will burn you especially if your not getting to the Qb. in my opinion you need a few sacks to get in Qbs head, if your not getting to him he will hurt you with the quick hits and screens. just my opinon going off last years 4th round game

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
i agree, but if you do it to much they will burn you especially if your not getting to the Qb. in my opinion you need a few sacks to get in Qbs head, if your not getting to him he will hurt you with the quick hits and screens. just my opinon going off last years 4th round game
Right you need to mix it up even on a blitz sometimes a LB sometimes a corner but no can't blitz every play better defensive minds than mine with have to figure it out and I think Joey can but you've got to make him uncomfortable and not just set in a pocket and he's going to get his pass yards but just need to limit him and like I said before the best defense for MH will be their offense with time consuming ending in a score game and keeping the Draughn offense on the sideline.
A low scoring game will be in MH's favor.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Right you need to mix it up even on a blitz sometimes a LB sometimes a corner but no can't blitz every play better defensive minds than mine with have to figure it out and I think Joey can but you've got to make him uncomfortable and not just set in a pocket and he's going to get his pass yards but just need to limit him and like I said before the best defense for MH will be their offense with time consuming ending in a score game and keeping the Draughn offense on the sideline.
A low scoring game will be in MH's favor.
Exactly

Green team will win and I’m glad they will. That says a lot for Draughn’s program when Mitchell fans are pulling for the green team.
Good luck both teams. I’m glad to see the whole mountain is rooting for the green team. They look really good on film from the little that I have saw the past few days. The key either way is which team makes the least mistakes.

Keys to victory:
MH- limit Draughn’s passing attack (blitzing ain’t the answer. It’s about containing and keeping him in the pocket)

Draughn: stop the best ground attack that they have seen all year. (If draughn goes 5 wide) MH secondary will be in trouble )

Just my thoughts and I pray for a safe game both teams. Unlike some people I really like seeing good football games in hostile environments. The game at Mitchell brought its own challenges and it ended up being a really high scoring battle. I hope this week brings the same energy and excitement.

Heritage wins a close one. They play as close to SMC football as anyone I’ve seen along with Mitchell. When you play like the SMC, I like the odds of winning vs losing, even though Draughn did beat Andrews last year. Draughn will be a tough out in the playoffs though for anybody.

I think Heritage is going to win this one. This is going to be good game. I don’t think draughn can’t stop heritages offense. Heritages offense is clicking really good at the right time. I think heritage special team has been really good this year they are making opponents start on the 20 yard line most of the time when they kick it off. There kicker can kick field goals if they need him to kick one. My prediction is Heritage 31-21

I think Heritage is going to win this one. This is going to be good game. I don’t think draughn can’t stop heritages offense. Heritages offense is clicking really good at the right time. I think heritage special team has been really good this year they are making opponents start on the 20 yard line most of the time when they kick it off. There kicker can kick field goals if they need him to kick one. My prediction is Heritage 31-21
That is a nice weapon in having a good kicker.

Reactions: Raidersnation1328
Having a kicker who can put it in the end zone every time is a huge weapon. He’s got a big leg and the snap, hold and kick looks good on the extra points. Sounds crazy talking about the green team having a good kicker😀

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT