ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Football 2024-25

THSRudeBoyz

Jun 12, 2019
With the season starting real soon & summer workouts starting in about a month Tarboro will be ready to make another run for eastern champions & hopefully to take back over as the top team in 1A ball. It won’t be easy even though Tarboro will still be a powerhouse. They’ll be returning several starters (8 defense 9 offense). With the oline & all 3 starting RBs coming back on offense then it will still be dangerous. Tyler Powell will be a factor also with him taking over at QB. The defense will be strong up front but questions remain in the secondary as Omar & Isaiah headed to play College ball. Jhalen Pharr-McNair(Buff), Caiden Everette & Brandon Jones will more than likely fill those shoes. The JV team will be returning majority of their roster other than the upcoming 11th graders that’s coming up. With the edition of Havelock this year the non conference schedule is going to be a good one. SWE will return a lot also & that game will be nothing less than spectacular!

With the season starting real soon & summer workouts starting in about a month Tarboro will be ready to make another run for eastern champions & hopefully to take back over as the top team in 1A ball. It won’t be easy even though Tarboro will still be a powerhouse. They’ll be returning several starters (8 defense 9 offense). With the oline & all 3 starting RBs coming back on offense then it will still be dangerous. Tyler Powell will be a factor also with him taking over at QB. The defense will be strong up front but questions remain in the secondary as Omar & Isaiah headed to play College ball. Jhalen Pharr-McNair(Buff), Caiden Everette & Brandon Jones will more than likely fill those shoes. The JV team will be returning majority of their roster other than the upcoming 11th graders that’s coming up. With the edition of Havelock this year the non conference schedule is going to be a good one. SWE will return a lot also & that game will be nothing less than spectacular!
I hope to see you guys again in December. Good luck until then.

Rumor has it around the program this team could be on the level of the 2017-2018 Tarboro teams. Losing Omar plus Isiah will be tough but with what Tarboro has returning they should be very good. The games against SWE and Havelock will be the toughest in the regular season imo

I am sure that Mt Airy will show up the very first game and be ready to play and play hard, but allow me to take this thread a slightly different direction.
I believe that those of us true high school football fans should have a great big banquet somewhere to say thank you to Tarboro, Robbinsville, Swain, Murphy, Southeastern Randolph, Thomasville, Starmount and probadly 2 or 3 other programs that just keep building great and consistent top notch programs.

Hopefully, Mt Airy will deserve, if they do not now, to belong in that group of schools. Hopefully the Granite Bears will make another statement that they (we) belong in those schools company.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Rumor has it around the program this team could be on the level of the 2017-2018 Tarboro teams. Losing Omar plus Isiah will be tough but with what Tarboro has returning they should be very good. The games against SWE and Havelock will be the toughest in the regular season imo
Agreed. They’re loaded no doubt. Just gotta stay focus & everyone stays healthy

I am sure that Mt Airy will show up the very first game and be ready to play and play hard, but allow me to take this thread a slightly different direction.
I believe that those of us true high school football fans should have a great big banquet somewhere to say thank you to Tarboro, Robbinsville, Swain, Murphy, Eastern Randolph, Thomasville, Starmount and probadly 2 or 3 other programs that just keep building great and consistent top notch programs.

Hopefully, Mt Airy will deserve, if they do not now, to belong in that group of schools. Hopefully the Granite Bears will make another statement that they (we) belong in those schools company.

Reactions: gdawg74 and sbbbfan
I believe that those of us true high school football fans should have a great big banquet somewhere to say thank you to Tarboro, Robbinsville, Swain, Murphy, Southeastern Randolph, Thomasville, Starmount and probadly 2 or 3 other programs that just keep building great and consistent top notch programs.

My Airy differently belongs ..

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Who is My Airy?
Common sense knows he meant Mt. Airy since the T & Y are side by side. We have perfect people looking for something to say and put people down. Mount Airy is the school that kicked your school's butt if you played them. I thank you are from North Surry with 27030 in your name. If it is NS then it has been many years since NS beat MA.

For the Tarboro guys, do you ever get tired of the Tarboro T? Do you wish you could get your athletes in space more? Power football is Tarboro, just curious how you’d feel if all of sudden Craddock said, we are gonna open it up some more this year.

For the Tarboro guys, do you ever get tired of the Tarboro T? Do you wish you could get your athletes in space more? Power football is Tarboro, just curious how you’d feel if all of sudden Craddock said, we are gonna open it up some more this year.
I doubt to get tired of it It might think it's boring. They have a unique combination of size power and speed. You have to remember that Mount Airy played a 5-4 and 6'4 against them or a 6-3 excuse me. Covering up all their offensive lineman and not letting him get to the next level. At least that's what Coach craddick said. I don't think anybody else has done that to them although I can't blame them. Generally I think if you do them they run it outside. Once again Mount Airy had speed to match theirs. Too pretty even teams. I would never get tired of the tarboro t. The get to play 15 or 16 games every year I mean you can say it's a failure but they don't win the state championship every year. That's a failure for everyone. However they won a ton and will continue to do so. Especially as that early college or whatever it is takes all the wussies out of the high school and they drop down too 2a . So the pool they have to pick from is all dudes. It would be travesty of someone got rid of running that. Real man football smack you in the mouth make you cry. Tougher than every son of a bitch that comes out there. That's what tarboro is. They are that year in and year out. The last 2 years they've just ran into someone who had the same kind of toughness. And could match them athletically.

Common sense knows he meant Mt. Airy since the T & Y are side by side. We have perfect people looking for something to say and put people down. Mount Airy is the school that kicked your school's butt if you played them. I thank you are from North Surry with 27030 in your name. If it is NS then it has been many years since NS beat MA.
That dude has to be a troll of some sort🤣

I Graduated from Southwest Edgecombe but played little league and middle school ball in Duplin County. I also lived in Winston Salem, then Ma. Worked at RJR but then pursued my passion and wrote sports articles at the MA news. I had kids that played for the North Main Bears and the Franklin Bull dawgs, White plains raiders, south main jets and the pilot mtn redskins. 5 boys 1 girl with 6 different women. They all look just like their mom's boyfriend. TD should know me because we worked side by side at the paper. I used to let him hold my camera sometimes, well most times because he would start whining when i wouldn't, kinda like he does when buzzboy gets on him. I now live in Jokes County travel to Duplin County to work in the pork industry 2 weeks out of every month.

Hopefully that answered all you used to be State Champion fans questions and shut the Whiney box up

I Graduated from Southwest Edgecombe but played little league and middle school ball in Duplin County. I also lived in Winston Salem, then Ma. Worked at RJR but then pursued my passion and wrote sports articles at the MA news. I had kids that played for the North Main Bears and the Franklin Bull dawgs, White plains raiders, south main jets and the pilot mtn redskins. 5 boys 1 girl with 6 different women. They all look just like their mom's boyfriend. TD should know me because we worked side by side at the paper. I used to let him hold my camera sometimes, well most times because he would start whining when i wouldn't, kinda like he does when buzzboy gets on him. I now live in Jokes County travel to Duplin County to work in the pork industry 2 weeks out of every month.

Hopefully that answered all you used to be State Champion fans questions and shut the Whiney box up
You coulda stopped the post after you said you graduated from Southwest. That explained it all. Not many brain cells come out of that school.

Heard the same thing last year
You never play for 2nd place but we will see. Just know Tarboro hungry as a MFer atp & returning a lot & bringing up some dogs also!
Im a Duplin County football fan Hailing from JOKES county North Carolina. Home of the Twitter man .
Who are you a fan of? Not too often you see that team wearing purple and gold come in 2nd, sure the last 2 years, but I wanna see who you even pull for.
That dude has to be a troll of some sort🤣
no trolling here Homeslice- Just a fact stater , chilling like a villan enjoying a mater sandwich and a ice cold pabst on the front porch over looking a creek in jokes county

Heard the same thing last year

Im a Duplin County football fan Hailing from JOKES county North Carolina. Home of the Twitter man .

no trolling here Homeslice- Just a fact stater , chilling like a villan enjoying a mater sandwich and a ice cold pabst on the front porch over looking a creek in jokes county
Lol Tarboro returns a whole lot. And seeing as how you graduated from swe I see why you hate Tarboro so much.

Last edited:
Mount Airy is the top dog in 1a right now won't get an argument from me on that. They have a great chance of a three peat. That being said the expectation at Tarboro every year is to win a state championship. Sometimes they do, and in the case of the last two years they don't.

Do not know if Mt Airy is the Top Dog this coming year, I would say Tarboro is the favorite. However, I believe Mt Airy should not be overlooked along with Starmount, Swain, Thomasville, North Rowan and maybe 2 or 3 others.

Looking forward to this year as much as any in

08/23/24
@ - North Surry 2A

08/30/24

H - East Surry 2A

09/06/24
H - Surry Central 2A

09/13/24
@ - Ashe County 3A
a while. I think we will know how good Mt Airy is after the first 4 games of the year. North Surry at this point appears to be the toughest and scariest opportunity of the four.

Mt Airy lost a lot from last year to be sure but has a lot coming back. How long it will take to jell and settle into a cohesive unit is the question.
And then of course we do not know how our portal transfer recruiting will turn out. I understand that unit targeted 12 players (a couple from Tarboro) but we have not heard any updates on that effort.

(For a few of you, that last part was complete tongue in cheek BS)

With a schedule like that Mayberry wont have a game until 3rd round. I know Tarboro returns a lot. Mayberry looses a lot but also returns a lot. Joyce will be a 4 star before end of year. Landon Gallimore will be like his brother , not the leader but kid has a cannon. But there's one thing that Tarboro does return. A group of kids that's lost to Mayberry 2 years straight. Mayberry in there heads i imagine. What Mayberry returns is a group of kids that's beat Tarboro two years in a row , yhea that's in their heads to

With a schedule like that Mayberry wont have a game until 3rd round. I know Tarboro returns a lot. Mayberry looses a lot but also returns a lot. Joyce will be a 4 star before end of year. Landon Gallimore will be like his brother , not the leader but kid has cannon. But there's one thing that Tarboro does return. A group of kids that's lost to Mayberry 2 years straight. Mayberry in there heads i imagine. What Mayberry returns is a group of kids that's beat Tarboro two years in a row , yhea that's in their heads to
Damn good point man. Let's hope they can stay level-headed. The boys from tarboro will be hungry. I hope we get that game cuz it will be one heck of a slobber knocker

Heck fire guys, Mt Airy just hopes to not get beat to death by the first three 2A AND ONE 3a TEAMS before conference starts. We could win most of the games and still not have enough starters left standing to be competitive against Starmount. North Surry does not just want to win their first game, they may very well want half the Bears on crutches by halftime.

With a schedule like that Mayberry wont have a game until 3rd round. I know Tarboro returns a lot. Mayberry looses a lot but also returns a lot. Joyce will be a 4 star before end of year. Landon Gallimore will be like his brother , not the leader but kid has a cannon. But there's one thing that Tarboro does return. A group of kids that's lost to Mayberry 2 years straight. Mayberry in there heads i imagine. What Mayberry returns is a group of kids that's beat Tarboro two years in a row , yhea that's in their heads to
I would expect this comment from someone from SWE. They’ll ALWAYS have special hatred for someone that’s own them for years now!

I would expect this comment from someone from SWE. They’ll ALWAYS have special hatred for someone that’s own them for years now!
They jealous of big brother down the road 😂. Shoot swe lost to Tarboro 13 of the last 14 times we played. Guess we in their head to.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT