ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs Morehead

Proud of my panthers and they are truly high character kids that excel not only on the field but in the classroom. Earl Bates is one heck of a Coach
Studs at football now? King of wrestling and ranked #1 at that sport. Good year for the Morehead folks.

Good game morehead they definitely earn that win those are some hard playing boys they have I thought havelock would wear them down but they played hard for 4 quarters good luck rest of the playoffs

Morehead QB, Will Dabbs, is the true definition of a "football player." I've seen more gifted and skilled QBs this season, but no one with as much heart and savvy.
Seen this kid wrestle many times. This kid is a beast at his size. Think he is #1 ranked.Coaches if you want men on the field get you some damn wrestlers. They ain't skeared of nothing. #realmenwrestle

Reactions: wahswarriordad
Idk why y'all coming to my post to talk trash I clearly stated havelock could lose if they continue to play bad so idc lol I'm off here tho gotta talk to my gf not about to argue with y'all over football

Havelock plays nobody in the regular season....overrated to say the least. They would have finished 4th place in the SMAC this year behind crest Shelby kings mtn. Havelock talks a good game but actually beats the crap out of some really bad teams during the regulat season.

Hats off to Morehead. Playing their best football at the right time of the season. The state championship in 3-a this year will include a mid state team. I think you will see Morehead vs. EA in a rematch in two weeks with a trip to the ship on the line.

Havelock plays nobody in the regular season....overrated to say the least. They would have finished 4th place in the SMAC this year behind crest Shelby kings mtn. Havelock talks a good game but actually beats the crap out of some really bad teams during the regulat season.

Havelock lost a lot of great players from last year team that decided not to play that move and that got kicked off the team so I don't think they we're over rated at all y'all talk a lot havelock over rated but won 3 back to back has crest done that ? Oh ok

We will be back next year gotta young team where will crest be next year recruiting people from other schools ?

Bad post before. Was way ahead of myself. Yes great game for EM and three great wins with confidence building each week. Rocky MT. will be another challenge but EA will have a hill to climb with SG heading their way. This should be one of the best games next week. How does SG travel? If they travel well you better get there early. It may take a while to get into the stadium. WA game crowd was still going in during 1st quarter. Parking is not all that good.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252
The problem with E. Ala stadium is the fact that it's in a hole next to a lake.....foggy.....long walk...not the greatest venue for the fan....but I guess it's a great place for their team...they win a lot there....................

Reactions: EAinCharlotte
Havelock is a joke. Real teams pound them. I'm glad they lost. Their delusional fan base deserves to be disappointed.

Hats off to Morehead. Playing their best football at the right time of the season. The state championship in 3-a this year will include a mid state team. I think you will see Morehead vs. EA in a rematch in two weeks with a trip to the ship on the line.

If work don't interfere I may go to this game. I got some numbers from last night's Havelock game I found interesting this morning. Morehead has 26 kids. 10 or more don't play unless the game is out of hand. Offensive guards around 5'-4". 140 lbs. Qb playing linebacker and is by far the most athletic. Amazing that these kids play both ways and played well enough to beat a really good team playing twice the kids and then some.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252

Yet more than half your schedule makes the playoffs with winning records who does crest play besides shelby and south point y'all scared to schedule 4a schools but talk how your the greatest get place in the 4aa bracket and prove it like I said before havelock will be there year in year out can't say the same for crest unless u keep taking stars from other schools some havelock don't have to do we don't go to west Carteret (Carteret county) new bern west craven trying take all their stars craven county has some the best athletes In the state if we combine our stars like u lames no one in the state would be able to compete so I could careless what u say

Yet more than half your schedule makes the playoffs with winning records who does crest play besides shelby and south point y'all scared to schedule 4a schools but talk how your the greatest get place in the 4aa bracket and prove it like I said before havelock will be there year in year out can't say the same for crest unless u keep taking stars from other schools some havelock don't have to do we don't go to west Carteret (Carteret county) new bern west craven trying take all their stars craven county has some the best athletes In the state if we combine our stars like u lames no one in the state would be able to compete so I could careless what u say
We have your State Title in our trophy case. Beat you down and took it. Smacked you around. Took your cheerleaders. Laughed at you and we still are. Punks!

Reactions: Charger strong

Seems the SMAC is better than most thought this year. Four teams are in 3rd round of playoffs.

252, love your knowledge and passion. These Cleveland County hyenas take some time to get used to! Sorry about the loss. I coached a couple of great kids on this year's Ram team.

These guys have been together for a long time. Most are apart of the state championship wrestling team. They know how to win. Will Dabbs the QB finished 3rd in the state, LB- Bullins is a state champ, Jadakiss Jumper 3rd, Mike Jones 2nd, 4 of the other guys were state qualifiers. The first 3 guys are academically top 10 in their senior class. Great group of kids!

If work don't interfere I may go to this game. I got some numbers from last night's Havelock game I found interesting this morning. Morehead has 26 kids. 10 or more don't play unless the game is out of hand. Offensive guards around 5'-4". 140 lbs. Qb playing linebacker and is by far the most athletic. Amazing that these kids play both ways and played well enough to beat a really good team playing twice the kids and then some.

And the 3A East still is going through Eastern Alamance. I believe EA would've murdered Havelock worst than Crest did last year. Weird to see the Rams out so early though.

Havelock lost a lot of great players from last year team that decided not to play that move and that got kicked off the team so I don't think they we're over rated at all y'all talk a lot havelock over rated but won 3 back to back has crest done that ? Oh ok

We will be back next year gotta young team where will crest be next year recruiting people from other schools ?
Yes I will be hard on the recruiting trail,here is to reloading. ..

Tell billy bob jimmy bob or what ever his name he needs a new motivation tactic for next year and tell your players they have a few extra weeks to work on some rap.....

These guys have been together for a long time. Most are apart of the state championship wrestling team. They know how to win. Will Dabbs the QB finished 3rd in the state, LB- Bullins is a state champ, Jadakiss Jumper 3rd, Mike Jones 2nd, 4 of the other guys were state qualifiers. The first 3 guys are academically top 10 in their senior class. Great group of kids!
I saw all those kids you mentioned at state individual championships last year. Those boys are bad asses. Morehead is not ranked #1 in the state for nothing. Nothing like 60 fights a year to bring about kids that are tough. Good luck to the kids with brains that stomp the track stars.

Tell billy bob jimmy bob or what ever his name he needs a new motivation tactic for next year and tell your players they have a few extra weeks to work on some rap.....
That rap is still one of the worst things I have ever seen. Not that it was dirty, just that it was so poorly done. No offense, but being rappers I do not believe is in any of their futures.

who does crest play besides shelby and south point?
Crest opponents that made the playoffs: (7) (Playing in 3rd round) South Point, Shelby, East Burke, Kings Mountain,(Made playoffs but lost in 1st round) Ashbrook, R-S Central, East Rutherford.

like I said before havelock will be there year in year out can't say the same for crest
Crest has qualified for the playoffs and advanced to at least the 2nd round for 23 straight years. How has Havelock done during that period?

ItsJustWords, you can try to compare your program to Crest all you want but honestly there is no comparison. You had a great group of athletes winning those 3 titles but everyone pretty much agrees that your program's glory days ended with that group of athletes. Enjoy mediocrity.

Reactions: CrestAF52
Hey...didn't Crest have to drop to little 3A to actually win a championship? Just wondering....

Morehead....Hats off to you young men. Very impressed with how yall played with integrity and passion! Good luck on your next game. Much respect to all you young men.

252....Please stop with all your posts and acting like you ever played Havelock football. You've never been begged to play either! This I know first hand Jordan....so stop talking for Havelock Fans! Thanks bro!

Last edited:
Reactions: ramking2012
Hey...didn't Crest have to drop to little 3A to actually win a championship? Just wondering....

Morehead....Hats off to you young men. Very impressed with how yall played with integrity and passion! Good luck on your next game. Much respect to all you young men.

252....Please stop with all your posts and acting like you ever played Havelock football. You've never been begged to play either! This I know first hand Jordan....so stop talking for Havelock Fans! Thanks bro!

Ramball101 some if this crowd is writing you guys off now. They don't know your jv's have gone unbeaten in 4-5 yrs. Lot of talent in that community. In Vanceboro its hard to get kids to play. A lot of them would rather hunt. Gonna miss being in the same conference after next year. We've been the small fish in a big pond for a long time. We'll see how we do as a big fish in 2A I guess.

Reactions: ramball101

Much too classy, ramball. Cmon, have some fun with these rubes! The Buffalo Bills of western North Carolina win one and think they're invincible.

Reactions: ramball101

Yes, we had control over where we wanted to go. That's stupid. Facts are Facts.............. and Beat Down is BEAT DOWN!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT