ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley WR Alex Taylor to UNC

Just announced this afternoon at Jamieson Stadium. Great get for the Heels. Super athlete and hard worker. #3 receiver NC and #25 nationally. Good pairing with Shipp.
Good pickup. Got a chance to see him up close in December and he looks the part with his 6'3 frame. He didn't get many opportunities in that game but look forward to him having a monster senior season. Will also pair well with Chris Culliver, another NC home grown kid.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
The WR room is getting well stocked!!!

Fingers crossed that Harrell or Merdinger will continue the run of QB play

Yep! See Trent Simpson.
Little bit different circumstance as Clemson offered Simpson at the last second after his senior season, whereas Clemson offered Alex prior to his Junior season. Clemson had an opening at LB and Simpson was able to get PT right away. For Alex, Clemson has loaded up at his position and told him he wasn't a take and in the process, burned a pretty big bridge there, IMO. In the end, Simpson made 200% the right decision.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Little bit different circumstance as Clemson offered Simpson at the last second after his senior season, whereas Clemson offered Alex prior to his Junior season. Clemson had an opening at LB and Simpson was able to get PT right away. For Alex, Clemson has loaded up at his position and told him he wasn't a take and in the process, burned a pretty big bridge there, IMO. In the end, Simpson made 200% the right decision.
Clemson has been unable to take advantage of the DJ Reader connection to Grimsley on several occasions. I think the Dabo dynasty is on the downhill.

Clemson has been unable to take advantage of the DJ Reader connection to Grimsley on several occasions. I think the Dabo dynasty is on the downhill.
I don’t, the offense was the issue the last few seasons but the hire of Riley as the OC this offseason will turn things around and the talent is there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT