ADVERTISEMENT

Best Stadium to Watch Game

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
https://carolinapreps.com/2023/05/04/whats-your-favorite-stadium/

My List:

1. Mooresville (Yes this is a biased pick)

2. LN - It’s a great Venue but it does have its challenges but it is a great atmosphere bar none n Atmosphere is KEY for me

3. Shelby - A lot of history at this stadium and I like the atmosphere and all here but I hate the traffic u have to battle to get to the school.

4. AL Brown - I love ALB it’s has history and character and pride all around. The atmosphere is always big and it’s always fun being at ALB! ALB is top tier program and All the top stars n coaches who have been a WONDER it’s fun to witness in person.

5. Providence - Away side is not great but Home side is great for viewing the game it’s high up and you can see everything. Video board is pretty cool n parking is pretty solid but u have walk to gate tho

6. Concord - I prefer don’t like concrete bleachers but Bailey is a very good place to see - I love the crowd n atmosphere there but I hate their away side bathrooms

7. NWC - It’s a great bowl stadium. It’s a great venue and It’s one of my all time favorites even tho it’s concrete bleachers. It’s very Similar to concord as o hate their away bathrooms

8. Cox Mill - It’s a long walk to away side but I love their setup, They have a solid facility and I like how they have card payment for concessions and it’s get view to see the action.

9. Hough - This one could probably be little higher but with lackluster success Mooresville has had their i never liked going 😒 but Hough is a great place but It has its negatives as Sun is in your eye early , Kinda far back from action but Good bathrooms and It’s has a decent atmosphere

10. Hibriten; They have the Worst away side ever but For me The scenery is beautiful and stunning. Home side every seat has a great view but I also love their PA Announcer as well. Parking is very good as well which is a plus.

11. East Burke - Very Massive and Vast stadium - Parking is big but can be tight n only 1 way in n out. It’s not prettiest stadium imo but The views and all is great. Grass is usually is in good shape.

12. Statesville - Statesville has great seating , 2 concession stands , 2 score boards , I like the overall atmosphere and view of Greyhound Hollow. Grass is OK but I enjoy being there at the Hollow.

13. Burns - It’s good bowl shape stadium. It’s has good views and it’s in the middle of no where tho and Not much around it.

14. North Lincoln - It’s a small venue and location of the field is bit tough parking n all but It’s has a good atmosphere and view of the field n your close to it.

15. Wilkes Central - I never actually seen a game there but have been for a scrimmage and I like their stadium setup

Tied: 16
North Iredell and South Iredell
Both have great stadium but both have Ok away sides. Both have a lot of room to move around n Both have good fans bases but Atmosphere can lack.

18. N-C is very similar setup to other school in the county but I like the atmosphere and parking is good and I like the bathrooms as well. Views are Ok

19. West Rowan: Worse part is Cow Manure smell but I like their stadium. Home side is better then away and it’s slightly older stadium but it’s solid place to see a game.

Tied- 20 ;
East Rowan/South Rowan - Both are similar - Good parking - Good side stands on both sides and Good food and Both have great fan bases
There many more stadium I need get too before I can add or change this up like Bandys, Salisbury and others I may add or not but got to go to a game there

Mitchell is a great place … the away side is about the size of most home sides and the home side you can see the entire field from bottom to top

Is this just a list of stadiums you’ve been to? Or overall? Because Providence should not be on anyone’s list.
Mainly what I been too - I haven’t been to as many as Chris or maybe other on here but I like Providence I mean they have a far superior home side then Mooresville which I would prefer and The video board maybe older then most but still cool and Parking isn’t that bad so I seen worst at other places so While it may not even be in top 10 or 20 in All of Charlotte schools - I haven’t been to Catholic or Indy or Butler or anything so I only been to South Meck 1 time n WC - 3 times and Mostly northern Meck schools Hough , Hopewell n North Meck

Mitchell is a great place … the away side is about the size of most home sides and the home side you can see the entire field from bottom to top
I seen pictures - I doubt I’ll ever get to a game there but it is a very nice stadium

Actually most all of the stadiums in the mountains are beautiful because of how they are able to be built…. Asheville is gorgeous and probably the top of the list .. South point is also great from the home side and I agree Hibriten is very nice home side. McDowell is very pretty also

I appreciate the intimacy of Charlotte Catholics stadium. I understand why you’d like to see a game there. But I have never been to a high school stadium in NC and thought “this is nicer than Asheville high”.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a game at Catholic. Mainly for the experience and atmosphere. I could imagine the fan base really into the game. Catch one like a game against Butler or Independence.

I appreciate the intimacy of Charlotte Catholics stadium. I understand why you’d like to see a game there. But I have never been to a high school stadium in NC and thought “this is nicer than Asheville high”.

I think a lot are confused on the list.
Has nothing to do with size or how pretty it is.

Robbinsville is #2 and the top public school on the list.

When I went and watch West Cabarrus last season I thought it was good laid out stadium. And also the access to the concession was good.

In no particular order, based on places I’ve been, this would be my 5 favorites

Richmond
Kings Mountain
Catholic
AL Brown
North Davidson

I like stadiums without tracks where the fans are right on the field. That is a big boost for me. Love Robbinsville. Makes you think of the going back in time. Maiden's old stadium and Albemarle old stadium downtown between the mill, armory, old high school, and a nieghborhood store. Pisgah with the town and mill around it!

Thomasville is good.

Catholic is a good setup.

None of the publics in Charlotte impress me.

Disagree about Wilkes Central's.. it's okay but the press box is way too far back. It's super hard to film in. I had to zoom to the highest level in 2021 just to get a basic view of the game. Their windows at least are super clear. On the field it's really pretty and I love how you get to the field by going through a path in the woods. They aren't like North Wilkes where Window World did such a bad job that the windows are so screwed up you can't film properly. Yuck. That experience was so bad I quit filming after.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Disagree about Wilkes Central's.. it's okay but the press box is way too far back. It's super hard to film in. I had to zoom to the highest level in 2021 just to get a basic view of the game. Their windows at least are super clear. On the field it's really pretty and I love how you get to the field by going through a path in the woods. They aren't like North Wilkes where Window World did such a bad job that the windows are so screwed up you can't film properly. Yuck. That experience was so bad I quit filming after.
I only been for a scrimmage n it’s got canceled so I haven’t had a full experience but I like the setup overall esp for a Wilkes county school

I like stadiums without tracks where the fans are right on the field. That is a big boost for me. Love Robbinsville. Makes you think of the going back in time. Maiden's old stadium and Albemarle old stadium downtown between the mill, armory, old high school, and a nieghborhood store. Pisgah with the town and mill around it!

Thomasville is good.

Bandys? I know many like bandy due to no track n doesn’t Bunker Hill have no track as well but I been by Bunker Hill it’s kinda small n it’s older stadium but haven’t seen a game there

Shelby's I do agree with it's one of a kind and top notch. Being able to enter the visiting locker room and step out next to a legitly solid baseball field with sponsorships galore and an ESPN logo was top notch. Excellent press box as well and the people were super nice and welcoming. I've been in at schools in that part of the state where people were rude and unwelcoming; it was a nice change of pace.

North Forsyth's is really cool; my favorite of the Forsyth schools. It's like a mixture of a city and a country school in terms of design. Their pressbox is the easiest to get in and out of it you just walk up a set of normal stairs. No ladder or annoying top to walk over. The field is at a great eye level and I love the locale of it. It's not in deep Winston and it has some trees and pretty landscape.

Carver's is super unique. Their field is out in a rural spot but the building's are all ominous in how tall they are. Kinda feels like something out of a movie. Their announcers are great too. Add a lot of character to the games. It stands out in contrast to how bland Walkertown was. That school has way too many areas to walk in and out of and it takes a lot of time to walk in and out of there. You get an exercise doing it, same with Atkins.

Only Meck area school I've been to was Hopewell. It was okay but nothing special. I spent the ball game sweating buckets it was the muggiest and most uncomfortable game I've ever been too. I literally slept for 30 minutes on the way back.

Watauga's stadium was really nice; I played a JV game there. It was a foggy mess but I dug the setup of it and it was a rather nice place. Can't wait to go back for a scrimmage to it this summer, hear they have turf now.

I been to the old stadium of Maiden and also been to Bandys as well. It’s neat with no track around it. Been to Bunker Hill one time years ago. I can’t remember if it had a track around it or not.

Thomasville is good.

Myers Park is about the only one with any character and that's because it has been around for a long time and the trees have grown around it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT