ADVERTISEMENT

Greensboro vs Charlotte

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
2 huge football games in the 4A/4AA West playoffs with Greensboro-based schools facing Charlotte-based schools.

Page has been very good playing Charlotte squads on their home field.

Dudley travels to Catholic. @CatholicCougs14 has Dudley ever played at Catholic? I know Catholic went to Dudley in Hood's senior year.

Isn't playoff time...great???

A most impressive win Friday evening, Cougar's Dad, one they'll be talking about in Charlotte for decades, plus, it saved travelin' money for Page and their flock of groupies.

Gonna b a good 1. Page is a great team but I think this team jus got it this year but if page wins we won't hang our heads. But I'm confident and have faith in this group. It's gonna b a good 1!

If u mean competitive it was a blowout for us. But they're a different team since early August, gotta have our A game. Plus a little banged up but everybody is in some way r this time of year. we're coming n bringing 100% no matter what tho.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
If u mean competitive it was a blowout for us. But they're a different team since early August, gotta have our A game. Plus a little banged up but everybody is in some way r this time of year. we're coming n bringing 100% no matter what tho.
I don't know much about Vance, only what I've read on forums. I've heard much of their QB, but that's most of what I've heard. My concern is that Vance is limited to what he can do on the field. Perhaps you could give a bit more insight.

Dudley has never traveled to Catholic. This will be the first time they come to Keffer

Yea unfortunately the one a couple of years ago wasn't at Keffer, where there is better lighting so that everyone could see that Hood got the first down... :D:p

I don't know much about Vance, only what I've read on forums. I've heard much of their QB, but that's most of what I've heard. My concern is that Vance is limited to what he can do on the field. Perhaps you could give a bit more insight.
Limited n what way? He passed for almost 4000 yards this year and ran for almost a 1000? We can do whatever the defense let's us do, now as far as injuries we've had a cpl but nothing 2 serious 2 worry about. A cpl of bumps n bruises but this far n the playoffs who doesn't?

Limited n what way? He passed for almost 4000 yards this year and ran for almost a 1000? We can do whatever the defense let's us do, now as far as injuries we've had a cpl but nothing 2 serious 2 worry about. A cpl of bumps n bruises but this far n the playoffs who doesn't?
That was the question. He's passed for almost 4,000 yards and run for almost 1,000. Is Vance a one man show? That's what I'm asking. With Butler or Mallard Creek, or even Catholic there are many weapons. Is Ifedi "it" for Vance? My concern is, if Page does a good defensive job on him, will Vance be very limited? I saw the same thing with Mallard Creek when Marquis was hurt. They weren't the same team without him.

Without Ifedi! Vance is done! Great team & well coached. Lot of weapons but they don't work without him. Good luck trying to shut him down though. Vance OC is probably one of the best in the Southeast.

Last edited:
I really won't say done because hall can run a mean spread attack with short 2 intermediate passing, but we definitely would b run orientated. But that's any team if their star and 2 yr starting qb goes down. But we have great 2 man backfield with #3 mj Williams and #29 Kalen Clark. So 2 say we're just Kingsley and we're limited is an understatement. We CHOOSE to run thru him because he's good enough and he WANTS to.

Vance has several high profile weapons, including a 6'-4" 230 pound Oklahoma commit at H Back (Jeremiah Hall), but Ifedi pulls the strings.

They also have a 6'-4" 210 Army commit at WR (Michael Roberts) who's excellent and going up and high pointing jump ball passes.

Last edited:
Total domination by Greensboro Page over Charlotte Vance in the first half. Halftime score is Page 35 while Vance has 7. Maybe the explosive offense of Vance will explode in the second half. Dudley just wen up, 21-10 , on Charlotte Catholic with about six minutes left in the event.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Good show for page they showed up and showed out, we just was out played and out coached. So proud of our kids tho. Good luck page the rest of the way

I was going to start this thread... good thing it's already up... Greensboro cleaned up... not to mention E Guilford (close enough) seems to be handling business.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Great job Greensboro Teams ! It's been awhile since Charlotte CMS has been dethroned in 4A& 4AA. After watching Page beat Vance; I don't feel so bad after "young" West Forsyth lost to Page the same way 8 days ago 49-14... Page is just a complete buzzsaw! Right now. Dudley looks great as usual. Congrats

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT