ADVERTISEMENT

Seating Requirement For The Playoffs

TD-FridayNight

Oct 28, 2015
Mayberry - RFD,NC
4.5.5 Playoffs (General Requirements, Officials, Press Conference, Sites) (a) Minimum Seating Requirements are as Follows - Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A – host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A – host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. (1) The NCHSAA has authority to move a playoff game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. (2) If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. (3) If the visiting team has a complaint regarding the playing facility, it shall be registered by noon on the Monday preceding the game. In the event of such a complaint, the NCHSAA shall have the authority to appoint a committee to investigate the facilities. This committee shall be vested with the full authority to set the site for the game. (4) If a neutral site is selected, the representatives of the two playing schools shall meet with a representative of the school furnishing the neutral field to agree on game management. (b) Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. (c) Game ball - The Wilson GST Football (WTF1003B) or GST Prime Football (WTF1103) are the official footballs of the NCHSAA championship and playoffs (with NFHS authenticating ball mark). (d) Selection of Officials (1) For the first two rounds of the state playoffs, officials are to be assigned by the regional supervisor of the higher-seeded team. (2) The NCHSAA Director of Officiating Services will assign a regional supervisor to assign crews to games in the quarterfinals and NCHSAA regionals. (3) Clock operators may be assigned starting with the second round, but this is strictly optional for schools. Clock Operators are the responsibility of the host school for playoffs; however, the use of a Clock Operator is not an allowable game expense. (4) The NCHSAA Director of Officiating Services will assign crews to all state championship games. A seven-man crew will be used in the championship games. (e) Championship Press Conference - A press conference and information session preceding the football championships will be held on Monday, December 4.. (1) All regional champions who qualify for the state finals are asked to bring their superintendent, principal, athletic director, head football coach and members of the media who cover their team. (2) This information session/press conference is mandatory; at least one of the aforementioned personnel from the school must be in attendance. (3) Failure to comply will include a penalty and possible forfeiture of complimentary tickets/VIP passes for the event. (f) State Championships - The state championships are scheduled for December 8-9, and sites and times will be announced on the NCHSAA Website. The Western teams will be designated as home.

Based on the title, I'm assuming you are asking/thinking that "press conference, site" is one thing? The title of the section in the handbook is titled "4.5.5 Playoffs (General Requirements, Officials, Press Conference, Sites) " meaning that in that section they are going to discuss the general requirements, the offices, the process/rules of press conference and the playoff/championship sites. Each item/topic is separated by a comma.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Based on the title, I'm assuming you are asking/thinking that "press conference, site" is one thing? The title of the section in the handbook is titled "4.5.5 Playoffs (General Requirements, Officials, Press Conference, Sites) " meaning that in that section they are going to discuss the general requirements, the offices, the process/rules of press conference and the playoff/championship sites. Each item/topic is separated by a comma.
I will change that part.

Reactions: footballstar_17
The coma in the 2A is overlooked by some.

Lol sorry ladies. 😂

*Comma
Ladies?
It’s a curse really. When watching tv I pause it to show wife misspellings in scrawl on news. Today it was traid instead of triad..
Then ESPN had some guy becoming staring instead of starting QB for Raiders…
It’s like arrowheads when we grew tobacco. I don’t look for them they just jump out at me 🤷‍♂️

Chris had it at 2,000 total before the visitor side redone a few years ago.
He should know.

Home side is approximately 1600 and visiting side is 500. I was told that Friday was possibly the biggest crowd ever at Big Oaks. Not sure the number but it was electric!
If mount airy and robbinsville both win i am gonna go out on a limb and say that would be biggest crowd ever at big oaks. We travel well and overfilled ER last year. Look forward to it

If mount airy and robbinsville both win i am gonna go out on a limb and say that would be biggest crowd ever at big oaks. We travel well and overfilled ER last year. Look forward to it
You did bring an excellent crowd last year…
You didn’t overfill Eastern Randolph…
But that’s your story. You tell it how you want.

I believe it’s going to be tough to have a larger crowd than some of those Murphy/Robbinsville games. It is a 4 hour plus drive one way for Mt. Airy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT