ADVERTISEMENT

Greeneville @ Pisgah

Dang y’all really aren’t that smart over there. Re-read the post real closely- I said “real yards...not yards from penalties.” Pisgah better just keep throwing it up and pray for penalties. That’s their best offense.

Dang y’all really aren’t that smart over there. Re-read the post real closely- I said “real yards...not yards from penalties.” Pisgah better just keep throwing it up and pray for penalties. That’s their best offense.

Real yards doofjay.... who in their right mind counts penalty yards as yards from scrimmage. It's true, you only out gained a mediocre NC mountain team by 70 yards in the first half.

Skip ball, phantom face mask. Spots that even the ref has to come tell the side judge to move.. under thrown balls and dbs coming back to make play. Yeah. Ok

"Great" teams overcome mediocre teams and officiating.

Oh they will. They still win by 35

I haven't said any of those things......
Oh they will. They still win by 35

You should be embarrassed if they don't.

Dude...you did

Dude...you did

Chic... I didn't. Here is exactly the latest thing I said about Greeneville. On page 10 if you care to scroll back and read a bit.

While I think Greeneville has some blinders on a bit SWO has NOTHING for them. And honestly right now not many teams in NC do. There are a handful that would beat them and play with them. SWO isn't close to being one. They aren't like a big, slow mountain team NC is accustomed to.

Never said they were slow or overrated..... Arrogant, know it all fans; yes, full of them.

A few observations from watching the first half of the PHS GHS game. Those penalties that one of the posters called "home cooking were about as blatant as I ever saw on a field. NO doubt about any of them I saw them myself including that phantom face mask call. Plain as day. Pisgah had a holding call in a very inopportune situation as well. SWO couldnt stay on the field with this team, especially knowing they dont know what a pass IS most years and never see one on defense since teams down that way dont pass at all either. And to beat this Green(e)ville team you better know how to throw it down field accurately because a running game just aint gonna get it done. I would say the same thing about Hibriten and SP. If you think you are going to line up and run over that team you better think again. If PHS stays within 35 or so of that team theyve had a decent effort. They ARE that good.

A few observations from watching the first half of the PHS GHS game. Those penalties that one of the posters called "home cooking were about as blatant as I ever saw on a field. NO doubt about any of them I saw them myself including that phantom face mask call. Plain as day. Pisgah had a holding call in a very inopportune situation as well. SWO couldnt stay on the field with this team, especially knowing they dont know what a pass IS most years and never see one on defense since teams down that way dont pass at all either. And to beat this Green(e)ville team you better know how to throw it down field accurately because a running game just aint gonna get it done. I would say the same thing about Hibriten and SP. If you think you are going to line up and run over that team you better think again. If PHS stays within 35 or so of that team theyve had a decent effort. They ARE that good.

Same thing I said earlier in this thread. They are just too athletic upfront to run over all night. Hibriten stays close for a half but without any passing effort its over. Same goes for SP.

Reactions: WhoaMule
But Hibriten is so good at what they do. It would be hard to stop Gee Witherspoon. It would be a fun game to see.

Reactions: WhoaMule
listening to the pisgah radio broadcast...do these guys even research the
teams they play? The dude just said Greeneville had 1200 students...and
had to walk it back when he found out Greeneville was smaller than Pisgah.
Now he is ragging on Greeneville being bigger than the other 4 county schools in Greene county, what a dufus.

You need to get out of Waynesville and watch some real football. Reynolds would beat Greenville , they are many teams in nc that would beat them.

Butch league move for Pisgah to leave their starters in with minutes to go to not get shut out. Once Greenville pulled their starters Pisgah should have

You need to get out of Waynesville and watch some real football. Reynolds would beat Greenville , they are many teams in nc that would beat them.
You need to get out of Waynesville and watch some real football. Reynolds would beat Greenville , I would wager that I have seen more football (especially in the last 10 years) than you have, and that includes ACR at least once every year. While ACR MIGHT be a closer game than Pisgah has played them the last couple years, I very much doubt ACR would beat this team. Either this year OR last year.

Butch league move for Pisgah to leave their starters in with minutes to go to not get shut out. Once Greenville pulled their starters Pisgah should have
Thats "BUSH" league for the record..... not butch. SO put your starters back in if that bothers you. Who Greeneville puts on the field is the Greeneville coaching staff's decision, not Pisgah's.

Reactions: beamer24
Thats "BUSH" league for the record..... not butch. SO put your starters back in if that bothers you. Who Greeneville puts on the field is the Greeneville coaching staff's decision, not Pisgah's.

It just shows how inferior of a team Pisgah really is. I don't think Greenville is all that great but they deserved another shutout tonight the way their defense played. It just shows which coach has more class

Reactions: Football time 25
It just shows how inferior of a team Pisgah really is. I don't think Greenville is all that great but they deserved another shutout tonight the way their defense played. It just shows which coach has more class
They deserved what they got. No more, no less. So did Pisgah. And WTF difference does it make at the end of the day? SO you won. You were SUPPOSED to win. Take it and move on. Pisgah can drop this game and move on as well it doesnt count in seeding for playoffs. Just good to play a really good team like Greeneville and let it go at that. Damn! After you beat a team do you go after their families as well?

Greeneville played an awful first half and killed themselves all night. That’s not Greeneville. Had an off night but I’ll take it. 41-7

Must say i agree...if you dont want Pisgah to score, then stop them. I have no issue with Pisgah playing starters or whoever they want. Their players practice and deserve to score if they have the opportunity. Would be nice to pitch the shutout, but if that was a huge goal for Greeneville, leave the starters in. Greeneville got the win, Pisgah was overmatched, and the outcome is not really a surprise to anyone. Greeneville is probably not as amazing as Greeneville fans think, and Greeneville is not as shitty as Pisgah fans think. Looks like both teams came out of it healthy, and both teams learned some things about themselves. Upward and onward.

Must say i agree...if you dont want Pisgah to score, then stop them. I have no issue with Pisgah playing starters or whoever they want. Their players practice and deserve to score if they have the opportunity. Would be nice to pitch the shutout, but if that was a huge goal for Greeneville, leave the starters in. Greeneville got the win, Pisgah was overmatched, and the outcome is not really a surprise to anyone. Greeneville is probably not as amazing as Greeneville fans think, and Greeneville is not as shitty as Pisgah fans think. Looks like both teams came out of it healthy, and both teams learned some things about themselves. Upward and onward.

No Pisgah fan thinks Greeneville is shitty. In fact, many of the non-Greenville folks posting on this thread are fans of other schools that have a dislike for anything Pisgah.

pmanoi

Reactions: PBBear51
They deserved what they got. No more, no less. So did Pisgah. And WTF difference does it make at the end of the day? SO you won. You were SUPPOSED to win. Take it and move on. Pisgah can drop this game and move on as well it doesnt count in seeding for playoffs. Just good to play a really good team like Greeneville and let it go at that. Damn! After you beat a team do you go after their families as well?
Since Max prep took over don't believe you can drop a game.Go more by strength of schedule.So playing these guys probably helps.

After watching Pisgah tonight they are solid team, they are my pick to win their league. Very well coach team.

Eleven minutes left in 4th quarter it's 35 -0 and Ballard along with starters still in the game ,throws a td pass to make it 41-0.Why didn't you coach put in his reserves?

Greenvilles coach was putting his 1st team D back on the field and then changed his mind..He could have got his shutout...He choose not to...If he puts them back in most likely they get it... But don't talk about our coach not having class dumba$-. You don't know him.

Reactions: Swo_05 and PBBear51
Eleven minutes left in 4th quarter it's 35 -0 and Ballard along with starters still in the game ,throws a td pass to make it 41-0.Why didn't you coach put in his reserves?
so that's what you come with??? i knew there would be some sort of complaint or criticism... i get it...people hate the best teams...if you want to point out a weakness, point to the kicker..missed an extra point, FG and didnt get the KO the endzone every time...now that is the type of stuff that gets you beat in a state championship.

After watching Pisgah tonight they are solid team, they are my pick to win their league. Very well coach team.
Since Max prep took over don't believe you can drop a game.Go more by strength of schedule.So playing these guys probably helps.
Not sure myself but I thought seeding was determined on a 10 game schedule. But that may have changed. A few more observations: Good to excellent crowd for a non-rivalry type game. It looks like PHS made the right decision by waiting until Friday to play instead of moving the game up however that decision was made. No rain at all tonight, while THS had a long lightning delay last night. Pisgah deserves credit for playing a team like this that they dont have to play. This Greeneville IS a really good team even with all their mistakes and penalties they were good enough to overcome them and win going away. Some dude was criticizing the WPTL radio crew who I think personally are some of the best at the high school level usually. Especially when Chuck was doing color the last few years.

We won 41-7 really 41-0 and the haters are coming out of the wood work. Greeneville will win state again and be good. You’ll do great this year Pisgah goodluck

I thinks you guys have a really good team .Think I will be seeing Ballard in the Army Navy game in the next year or two.Good luck the rest of the year.I hope we play you guys again next year.

I thinks you guys have a really good team .Think I will be seeing Ballard in the Army Navy game in the next year or two.Good luck the rest of the year.I hope we play you guys again next year.
I didn’t see the game last year, but was impressed with GHS this year. I thought we played hard in the first half, but GHS obviously didn’t play their best that half. 2nd half, we had too many INT and the fumble which was returned for a score. Can’t have those mistakes against any team, but definitely not a team like the Devils. Good luck the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I’m not a pisgah fan , but a football fan. Greenville has a big team that plays solid d and has a good offensive scheme. I didn’t see blazing speed from them but did see a lack of discipline at times . The penalties were legit ! Thought pisgah did play well at times in the game . Good luck to both teams in their remaining games

Not sure myself but I thought seeding was determined on a 10 game schedule. But that may have changed. A few more observations: Good to excellent crowd for a non-rivalry type game. It looks like PHS made the right decision by waiting until Friday to play instead of moving the game up however that decision was made. No rain at all tonight, while THS had a long lightning delay last night. Pisgah deserves credit for playing a team like this that they dont have to play. This Greeneville IS a really good team even with all their mistakes and penalties they were good enough to overcome them and win going away. Some dude was criticizing the WPTL radio crew who I think personally are some of the best at the high school level usually. Especially when Chuck was doing color the last few years.
I was the one who criticized the radio guys...they really spent too much time running down Greeneville for their enrollment policy and misrepresenting their
enrollment numbers. ( at one point they said Greeneville had 1200 students which they had to walk back when they found out Greeneville was roughly the same size as Pisgah) and speculating about how many kids come from those "poor Greene County schools" that are much smaller and how they( the county folks) feel about Greeneville. I am pretty sure nobody in Pisgah cares about that and it really made them seem kinda petty and churlish.

Greenville is the real deal. I really don't think it matters who would beat who. They beat the teams they play, and that's what matters. Proud of our guys. They never laid down, even though it would have been easy to do. I really feel like we had a few bright spots to build on, along with several mishaps to learn from. No need to hate on a better team. The penalties were legit. That's the way games are called here. Last year in Tennessee it was called differently. Just the way it is. By the way, I found it interesting that Greenville cleaned it up in the second half and didn't commit those penalties anymore. They knew what they were doing and how to stop doing it. Good luck the rest of the season.

They aren't very good. Big slow non athletic white boys. Many teams in NC would beat them all night long. Not sure what kind of football in NC you watch LoL you can run sweeps all night long and speed will kill them. But whatever makes you sleep better at night

Thought Pisgah had a chance in the 1st half. Two quick turnovers in the second changed the game in a hurry. Proud of the Bears. Good luck on the rest of the season Devils.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT