ADVERTISEMENT

Greeneville @ Pisgah

Devilfan101

Jul 31, 2018
Thought we could start this one early.
Greeneville is currently on an 18 game win streak before they play 6a Science Hill this week.

Defending 2017 state champs & Ranked #1 in 4a in Tennessee.
4 D-1 commits so far
Qb-2019 Ballard (Mr.Football 2017)-Army
WR- 2019 Goddard-UVA
WR- 2019 Hite - Wake Forest
LS- 2020 Will Albright- UT
They have several more uncommitted.

Greeneville has outscored opponents 154-3 through three games. I personally believe this game will not be that close at all. We had some guys out last year and weren’t at 100% or that game could have been worse. Hopefully we can have some competition next week.

Greeneville-49
Pisgah- 7

Last edited:
Reactions: mrbud
Thought we could start this one early.
Greeneville is currently on an 18 game win streak before they play 6a Science Hill this week.

Defending 2017 state champs & Ranked #1 in 4a in Tennessee.
4 D-1 commits so far
Qb-2019 Ballard (Mr.Football 2017)-Army
WR- 2019 Goddard-UVA
WR- 2019 Hite - Wake Forest
LS- 2020 Will Albright- UT
They have several more uncommitted l

Greeneville has outscored opponents 154-3 through three games. I personally believe this game will not by close at all. We had some guys out last year and weren’t at 100%

Greeneville-49
Pisgah- 7

Tennessee football is soft. If you played the top ranked 4A team in NC you would get smashed. Don't be fooled by Pisgah being ranked #1 in wnc though. There are at least 3-4 teams better. You will kill them but that's not that impressive.

I just wanted to give some information and learn about Pisgah a little. No gloating or bashing here guys.
We all saw what happened lastyear. What’s this year showing?

Tennessee football is soft. If you played the top ranked 4A team in NC you would get smashed. Don't be fooled by Pisgah being ranked #1 in wnc though. There are at least 3-4 teams better. You will kill them but that's not that impressive.
Btw Pisgah is bigger than Greeneville. We would be 2a in Nc

I just wanted to give some information and learn about Pisgah a little. No gloating or bashing here guys.

From a defense standpoint we are looking pretty good. I don't think many of us expect much different than last year. Quite frankly some of us will be glad to rid our schedule of Greeneville.

I know exactly where Greenville is. I'm very surprised that they are as good as they are because that is not a big town at all. I wouldn't think they would have very many athletes in that area. Somebody said something before about recruiting so maybe that has to do with it

From a defense standpoint we are looking pretty good. I don't think many of us expect much different than last year. Quite frankly some of us will be glad to rid our schedule of Greeneville.
They drop off our schedule next year and they will be starting to rebuild from several tallented kids graduating and won't be near as good as they have been in recent years. Ballard (the HC) may even leave after his son (the QB) graduates?
Last year they won by 30 points (at their place ) and I figure this year won't be much different even with us having home field advantage.

Last edited:
I know exactly where Greenville is. I'm very surprised that they are as good as they are because that is not a big town at all. I wouldn't think they would have very many athletes in that area. Somebody said something before about recruiting so maybe that has to do with it
Along with tradition, it's everything to do with it.

They drop off our schedule next year and they will be starting to rebuild from several tallented kids graduating and won't be near as good as they have been in recent years. Ballard (the HC) may even leave after his son (the QB) graduates?
Last year they won by 30 points (at their place ) and I figure this year won't be much different even with us having home field advantage.
It’ll drop off some but they have tons of talent in the freshman and sophomore class. They will reload as no one in their division can touch them!

Last edited:
Is Coach Ballard hanging his hat after this year or has he implied anything otherwise?
He hasn’t said anything about leaving. He has a farm and family in Greeneville, Two twin daughters in middle school as well but I find it hard for him to leave honestly. If he did it’d be college bound imo.

Last edited:
You have you’re opinion of course but your incorrect. Go watch this team next week and your realize you’re mistaken.

Reactions: proudACRdad15
They have solid run defense. Their offensive line is not very good , no speed at rb position, good qurterback decent passing attack. This game will be over by the first quarter.

I find it very impressive that Maryville and Greeneville are as good as they are with there demographics. Only North Carolina school at the higher levels similar is Catholic.

Pisgah is better than last year and the game is in Canton.We will have the 12th man. Bears fans. Can we beat them?Any team can be beat .Guess we will find out next week.I think it will be a better game than some think.I remember last year when they were saying it would be forty-five points or more blowout and the mercy rule would be in effect.
Right now I hope the bears are looking at R S Central, not Greeneville.

Reactions: PBBear51
Pisgah is better than last year and the game is in Canton.We will have the 12th man. Bears fans. Can we beat them?Any team can be beat .Guess we will find out next week.I think it will be a better game than some think.I remember last year when they were saying it would be forty-five points or more blowout and the mercy rule would be in effect.
Right now I hope the bears are looking at R S Central, not Greeneville.
What a lot of bears fans didn't know last year was the Greeneville team you faced didn't even have all their started in that game. Starting MLB, RB, and TE, DE didn't even play in the game because of being banged up after running through the 6a Gauntlet of teams they faced the previous weeks. The Devils Offense was Vanilla against you all and still put up 530 yards. This Greeneville team is better than last year with 9 on each side of the ball that started last year. The mercy rule was placed into effect in the 3rd quarter when the Devils were up 38 to 0 before the Bears scored their only TD in the 4th. I see Coach Bentley coming Back home to Canton and leaving with another big time win for the Devils. If any of the NC fans wants to see what Tn has to offer come on over to Canton as Greeneville by many are ranked in the top 5 in TN regardless of Classification this year and Max Preps have them ranked 163 in the Nation. (Charlotte Christian, Hough, and Mallard Creek are the only NC teams ranked above them)

I find it very impressive that Maryville and Greeneville are as good as they are with there demographics. Only North Carolina school at the higher levels similar is Catholic.

I agree. Watching that video it looks like a smc team or similar. Very little diversity.

Looks like they are playing a middle school team. Either team in this video would get curbed stomped by the top teams in NC like Mallard Creek and Wake Forest.
Magnum I agree with you. Got to give you credit you know football.

I been watching film of havelock they would beat greenville to many athletes. Don't get me wrong greenville is a good team. But like I have said in previous post they are number of teams in our great state would beat them

I been watching film of havelock they would beat greenville to many athletes. Don't get me wrong greenville is a good team. But like I have said in previous post they are number of teams in our great state would beat them
Minds will be changed next Friday night. You guys will see just how good Greeneville is. They have 7-10 D1 players on this team most of which aren’t committed yet

Minds will be changed next Friday night. You guys will see just how good Greeneville is. They have 7-10 D1 players on this team most of which aren’t committed yet
Listein up bro you are not playing strong team in Pisgah, just average team. You should beat them by 50.

Just remember when talking about Greeneville against the top schools from NC. Greeneville would be small 2a in NC not 3a or 4a. Heck maybe even big 1a.How many students at Greeneville this year.

Listein up bro you are not playing strong team in Pisgah, just average team. You should beat them by 50.
No one is saying Pisgah is a world beater in the NC football world. This game came about because Our O Line coach played at Pisgah back in the day. Ive seen Havelock play over the past couple of years (A college Buddy is the sports writer for the New Bern Sun Journal) and it would be a good game because Havelock does have great athletes but so does Greeneville and having seen both teams play live.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBBear51 and mrbud
Just remember when talking about Greeneville against the top schools from NC. Greeneville would be small 2a in NC not 3a or 4a. Heck maybe even big 1a.How many students at Greeneville this year.
Greeneville stays around the 850 student mark a year Appvol

No one is saying Pisgah is a world beater in the NC football world. This game came about because Our O Line coach played at Pisgah back in the day. Ive seen Havelock play over the past couple of years (A college Buddy is the sports writer for the New Bern Sun Journal) and it would be a good game because Havelock does have great athletes but so does Greeneville and having seen both teams play live.
Good post it would be a fun game. Greenville is very good team.

I call bs. How does a small school from a small town have 10 d1 players on their roster? Again, nobody will see what you're about because you're not even playing the best team in the mountains, much less the state.

I call bs. How does a small school from a small town have 10 d1 players on their roster? Again, nobody will see what you're about because you're not even playing the best team in the mountains, much less the state.
Our coaching staff is very good about developing talent. They eat, sleep, and breathe the weight room. Just go see for yourselves

Already have 4 D1 commits with several more having offers Not counting the ones upcoming

That’s very very impressive for a school with 850 ish students. Being that it’s not in a larger town/city is even better. I have watched Marysville about 4 years ago and was pretty impressed also the west Knox (with the kid that went to GT ) very good atmosphere for games.

Magnum 45.....get it in your head. Greenville Tenn HS would be in 2A ball in NC. Each state has different numbers for each classification. WF probably would be in 6A or 7A in other states. Greenville HS only have 850 students and that would be in 2A ball in NC while Wake Forest HS have 2,166 students. That is HUGE difference. This is just a game and it is fun to talk to different fans that support different schools.

As an example, Dillion in SC is a 2A school and compete nose to nose with Mallard Creek couple of times. The fan for Greenville HS has every right to be proud of the school and that is one heck of a team for Tenn. No need to bash each other...... It is just a GAME.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT