ADVERTISEMENT

Graham at Clinton RD 1

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Any thoughts or predictions....Graham has a high power passing attack and a QB that can sling it....Clinton comes in riding high from a big victory at Wallace....high power Dark Horse rushing attack led by Ryheem Skinner and that outstanding offensive line and field a stout defense...Clinton DBs will have their hands full this week.....Graham may score points but dont believe they can stop Clinton......Clinton 42 Graham 21.....This Clinton team is starting to peak

Last time these two played 2nd round 2001

Clinton 48 Graham 31 Herbert Dixon was the man that night.....Will Skinner be next? tune in Friday night

I said it on another post Graham qb best player in 2A east...too much Clinton 48-28
This post was edited on 11/9 1:41 AM by 2for3

I'll say Clinton 49-28. Skinner and Faison too much to stop! The whole team looks good now!!

Hopefully lesson learned from last year you cant come out flat in thr postseason...just hoping we end our first round woes have not been to the second round since 2008...its survive and advance we have a great group of seniors dont think we will see any let down....we have great experience speed and athleticism in the defensive backfield led by Kris Royal Kavon Dessus J Armwood Ashley and Tyion Wright .......addition of some JV guys moving up

I've been impressed with the secondary all year long. Having a QB that can run/pass will make it more like when we played Laney. A high scoring game on both ends, but I think our secondary can force a few turnovers. We'll C.

Difference will be our defense they really been on a different level since the EB game....have not heard anythin much about Grahams defense.....Skinner and Faison have been running well behind that outstanding Oline

Who did they move up from the JV....i really liked the QB and some of the backs alot of good young skill players coming up the pipeline

I think most people around Clinton get a little concerned when they meet a team with a good passing game because we just dont see it that much. Clinton has a great defense. I think the secondary can handle it but Clinton's success in the past against passing teams has always been to make the QB eat dirt the whole game.The way the offense is playing right now with the ground and pound game, Graham might be lucky to have the ball very much at all. My only concern is that the team needs to stop celebrating the big win at Wallace by practice time tomorrow.

I checked out some of Jamie Newman's highlights on hudl he does have a good arm size and speed...seems #7 is his go to guy we we have to keep tabs on him....still im confident Clinton's pass rush will make things difficult our secondary has the speed to stay with their receiver's....The team will be ready and focused its a new season and everyone is 0-0...5-0 is the goal at this point...i said this last year after that demoralizing 20-3 lost to Wallace and ill say it again this year dont let last week beat you this friday GO HORSES!!!!!

Reidsville pounded on Graham all nite on the ground...Big Jawan Hammock of Reidsville (238 lb. fullback) ground out 6 td's against them....5 in the first half...Reidsville over 500 yds. rushing...If Clinton can run it like that...this one will not be close...

Originally posted by rambbq:
Reidsville pounded on Graham all nite on the ground...Big Jawan Hammock of Reidsville (238 lb. fullback) ground out 6 td's against them....5 in the first half...Reidsville over 500 yds. rushing...If Clinton can run it like that...this one will not be close...
Well Clinton's Ryheem Skinner who has over 1,500 yards on the ground so far has run on some pretty stout defenses behind a great offensive line that is really clicking right now...and Rayquan Faison the Fullback is really starting to come on and may be a X factor going forward....like i said previously Graham will score im sure but I just dont think they will stop us from scoring

A lot of variations..mainly spread..they have as I stated before the best offensive skilled player in( 2A east playoffs in the qb and the WR maybe ranked 2 or 3) D struggles

Herbert Dixon wore #33 which has been retired if im not mistanken.....but #22 has been wore by a couple great Clinton backs aswell

Graham has two weapons #1 and #7, they show spread but run alot of power with the QB, Rb has great spread and also plays corner on defense. defense struggles and offense can be contained, Graham lives on big plays, in my opinion the Qb is decent but far from the best skill player in 2A, he is a big kid with good arm strength but accuracy lacks and they really dont have a passing game that teams really have to worry about, Clinton wins this game easily.

This post was edited on 11/13 11:19 AM by Football919Fever

Originally posted by Football919Fever:
Graham has two weapons #1 and #7, they show spread but run alot of power with the QB, Rb has great spread and also plays corner on defense. defense struggles and offense can be contained, Graham lives on big plays, in my opinion the Qb is decent but far from the best skill player in 2A, he is a big kid with good arm strength but accuracy lacks and they really dont have a passing game that teams really have to worry about, Clinton wins this game easily.

This post was edited on 11/13 11:19 AM by Football919Fever
you make some good points that are accurate. but it's hard for me to agree with your accuracy comments. i see a lot of balls dropped. i see a lot of throws with quick pressure. who's to say he's not accurate until you put a division 1 line and division 1 receivers on the field with him. does he have a lot to work on sure but i'm not sure you can sit here and evaluate accuracy with what i have seen this year. they did get 1 weapon back last week that makes a huge difference and opens up things for #7 to where the defense can't key on just him. if they do this kid can beat you. he's a young player but gifted and can make a difference in this game.

I agree, he is a good quarterback and will only get better, being under pressure played a big part and only having #7 to throw to was a major factor, I am curious to see how he develops over the summer

No clue. Graham isn't terrible traveling but not great either. I grew up in Clinton but I can't make it even though I really wanted to. Temperature tomorrow will probably keep some home as well.

Cant wait ill be on the 50 homeside watching some good ole Dark Horse football....i was pretty dissapointed with the turn out to last years playoff game against EB but i expect a packed house tomorrow night for Clinton.....Temperature wont keep me away...if you're playing football still and its cold outside that means you're doing something right lol...GO HORSES!!!!!

Well those of you graham fans that can't make the trip tonight can listen to the game online. Click on the link, click on talk/sports, click listen live, download the codec, click listen live again, it should start streaming through your media player, you may have to click play but either way it will work. Doesn't work on Mac's sorry. Enjoy!

http://www.oldies1170.com

13 ah yeah we should be on the air around 7:15, let me know if you have any trouble picking it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT