ADVERTISEMENT

Glenn @ North Davidson

bkknights93

Oct 8, 2013
Lexington
North gets the win, 31-21, sloppy game conditions, penalties, missed opportunities for both teams....North gets ready for conference play with Mt. Tabor next week....big mess after the game, not sure on details....Congrats to Coach Holcomb on His 100th victory tonight!

IMO....Big mess after the game started with hot mess before the game........that walk out stunt the Glenn players orchestrated looked like a bad scene from Remember The Titans. Someone at Glenn (player, coach, parent, not sure who so I will leave it at that) must have thought it was a good idea to stand in the ND endZone when North came out and then run in front of the North players and use the ND logo like a "kitty box". Tensions were kept alive with a few late hits during the game and more than a few unsportsman like penalties on both teams.......The whole thing was just complete nonsense and embarrassing, I have to think the Glenn AD ripped someone a new one as it did not paint the otherwise fine folks at Glenn in a good light. Restated.....Bush league crap causes trouble when you do something like that! 20 cop cars later, glad it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

Agreed Kicked Off, we saw Them come out before the game, march the entire length of the field, then proceed to the ND and disrespect It, was hoping the whole time that North didn't retaliate...Saw a similar incident a few years ago when an In-County rival visited, and that resulted in flags flying everywhere before kick-off....I know kids get pumped and emotions run high, just really surprising the coaching staff let that happen...anyway, will say Glenn has a very much improved Offense, it's gonna give teams fits this year, I would dare say that both offenses were affected due to the sloppy conditions!

GONTD, Only part I winessed was before the game, Glenn came out to the end zone where the vistors normally did, team locked arms, proceeded to march entire length of the field, went from other end zone to mid field and started stomping and such on the ND logo....some heated moments during the game, and I had left by game end...was listening to radio cast and the on field announcer went to interview Holcomb and immediately sent it back upstairs due to an incident, and heard the tension spilled into parking lot with fans and such....anything else would be speculation on my part

GONTD, Only part I winessed was before the game, Glenn came out to the end zone where the vistors normally did, team locked arms, proceeded to march entire length of the field, went from other end zone to mid field and started stomping and such on the ND logo....some heated moments during the game, and I had left by game end...was listening to radio cast and the on field announcer went to interview Holcomb and immediately sent it back upstairs due to an incident, and heard the tension spilled into parking lot with fans and such....anything else would be speculation on my part
Sad situation to say the least but that is how the new HC at Glenn wants it

Love it when teams try to do that to us... Dudley did a few years ago in the playoffs, Davie has celebrated on the ND after the game in the past when they win... gotta wonder what coaches are teaching the kids nowadays.

I will go on record as saying that I was really looking forward to playing Glenn this year and not because it was going to be an easy W. I thought it would be a good test going into conference. I believe they are the best Offensive team we have played this year, rain or no rain and they have put up points on a lot of teams. They have multiple players with big play potential, good outside speed, they can take it to the house on any play........ On the Andrews-HPC thread, somebody called ND out for playing a less than stellar non conference schedule. We may not have played the hardest schedule "ever", but it's a BIG disrespect to HPC, Ledford, Lexington, Asheboro and Glenn to say it was a cupcake schedule. On the contrary, I think this was the best non conference schedule ND has played in years. Would like to see it continue to get tougher (Statesville was a good team, maybe Page or even HP Andrews), but props to our coach and administration for continuing to try and improve the schedule. It takes more than 1 school to schedule a game and these things are lined up seasons in advance. From this ND fan's perspective, it was an enjoyable August/September and the boys have played better each week. Pleased where we are and hope to keep getting better!!!

What a joke! I can almost bet some Coach thought it would be a good idea to disrespect ND in pregame. Something similar happened at the MC Independence game when the Indy players refused to shake hands at the coin toss. What are we teaching our kids? Win at all cost and show zero class and sportsmanship while doing so? I've heard multiple fans say this Glenn team does a lot of trash talking and they take a lot of cheap shots. Maybe the new coaches should focus more on winning games and less on being totally classless!

I wonder if there was an AD to AD phone call on Monday after the game? That may have been an entertaining phone call.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT