ADVERTISEMENT

For fun

Ramfan002

Sep 1, 2016
What two teams do ya guys think will be playing each other in championship games 2A and in 2AA

When the numbers come out and Shelby goes 2AA there is going to be so much joy by little 2A fans and teams it will be like childhood Christmas Day. Clinton I think wants to be in the final game and welcomes the challenge. I have much respect for those guys.

2AA- Clinton vs East Lincoln
2A- Shelby vs Doesn't matter its a L either way.

The Most fun games to watch may be Shelby vs Lincolnton West 2A Championship game

Clinton vs East Duplin East 2AA championship game.

I see people picking northeastern this year to make it,what's the difference this year as opposed to other years?

if the numbers are right....you will have at least 4 powerhouse teams in 2A West...........Shelby, Lincolnton, Reidsville and North Rowan and 5 counting Mountain Heritgage...

Hopefully Northeastern goes small. Clinton,Bunn, East Duplin would give Northeastern some challenges if they go big. If small, likely will face Edenton again.

Wish they'd go back to one single champion
There are a many more NCHSAA schools than there were when there were four classifications. I've always said state needs to go to 6 classifications, which would be a compromise between the past and present systems. And by having 6 classifications instead of a split in each class, the tired arguments about one champion in each class would end.
I also contend that there needs to just be one classification for individual sports -- who's the best 103-pound wrestler in the state or the best golfer in the state? Class makes no difference in the individual sports. At the same time, keep and expand the team sports playoffs.

Last edited:
if the numbers are right....you will have at least 4 powerhouse teams in 2A West...........Shelby, Lincolnton, Reidsville and North Rowan and 5 counting Mountain Heritgage...
Well sir we are getting ready to find out. After a long deserved rest for our young men. We get back to work tomorrow afternoon. Best of luck to all.

East Duplin vs Clinton in the Eastern Championship is going to be an epic match-up.

If Clinton can win out the rest of the season, then hopefully we can have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Home field will come down to the Wallace game. Bunn, East Duplin all have non conference losses which means they can drop that loss. If Clinton loses to Wallace they're not able to drop that conference loss if I'm not mistaken meaning they could lose home field. Next week game is yuuuuuge.

Hopefully Clinton can win vs Wallace but we have no issues going on the road.

Hopefully Clinton can win vs Wallace but we have no issues going on the road.

Yes no issues on the road but think would those refs made that call they made in the Bunn game had it been in Clinton???....i honestly dont think so just my opinion.....after traveling all over eastern NC the last two years it would be nice to have homefield thru out the playoffs

It's always great to be able to play at home, but I know Clinton has no problem hitting the road, as there will be just as many fans traveling with the team than at a home game. But, let's take care of the Titans first....be 1-0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT