ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2022 Catawba valley 2A conference

For those that are interested….check out Hobbs Daily Report for the Catawba Valley sports.

Article concerning player eligibility.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I left the particulars on a voice mail to Mean Gene.

Let us know.
I won't be able to make it this time Creek. Will be in Charlotte for a progress meeting with a client and contractor. A meeting i can't cancel. I appreciate it though!

Geno give me your number...I'll shoot you a text so you have mine.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Creek...that freshman kid I was talking about is one of the coaches little nephews...Danner is the last name I believe. Big boy. Good mean streak, very competitive...

• Love
Creek...that freshman kid I was talking about is one of the coaches little nephews...Danner is the last name I believe. Big boy. Good mean streak, very competitive...
Loving that…he keeps working hard… he’ll be a beast on the field.
He is Big as a tree!😉

A little off subject… but it’s CVAC😜…this freshman class coming in…has one heck of a girls basketball team.

I’m hearing…..Fab 5…..😂😂😂…that one is for 321 North😂…with his West Lincoln going to championship post 😂😂

Those girls went undefeated in middle school ball….all 5 starters are very good!….there’s a Culliver in that group too. 😉

Looking forward to seeing you Mr Lincolnton its been since 2012 titles in Winston..... should be a great day seeing all you fellas....
Thank you Shelby Lion. Really looking forward to having a meal with you and the guys. It was really great seeing everyone in 2012 over in Winston-Salem. Ǝɒƨt ⅃inɔoln beat Tarboro to win the 2A title.

It's pretty much a shame to see you maiden going to this kind of offense. They need to run the ball some. Not this air raid stuff that this kid ran at Ash. Not sure if that's what they're running or not but it's pretty easily manipulated. Only game I saw last year that they played was against Mount airy. He got lit up. So you're right if he gets rushed it's a different thing. 7 on 7 is not really a good indicator anyway. We'll see how it goes..

It's pretty much a shame to see you maiden going to this kind of offense. They need to run the ball some. Not this air raid stuff that this kid ran at Ash. Not sure if that's what they're running or not but it's pretty easily manipulated. Only game I saw last year that they played was against Mount airy. He got lit up. So you're right if he gets rushed it's a different thing. 7 on 7 is not really a good indicator anyway. We'll see how it goes..
Maiden will air it out…and have done so for years.

However…their offense is fairly balanced…last fall they averaged 210 through the air and 175 on the ground.

Probably wrong place for this but #dontcare

enjoyed seeing
Maiden Creek
Lincolnton
65lion
Cheerduck

today in Hickory! Told some stories laughed and had a great day with awesome folks

the end
Shelby Lion
Hate I missed it fellas! Had a meeting I couldn't get out of.

MC, thank you, my friend, for the kind words, but you are definitely "The Man"... We had a great server. She called Cheerduck Uncle. I think her favorite out of the crowd was Shelby Lion. Got to say, he looks like a college athlete since he slimmed down.

@Lincolnton I have been asked this year to voice the puppet that will entertain the kids at Vacation Bible School. The character is "DJ Cupcake" and he runs a sweets food truck that also plays "sweet tunes".

In my preparation of this role I've been listening to and mimicking famous radio personalities to see which one feels right and which ones i sound the most like. I have become quite fond of, and do a pretty spot on impression of, Wolfman Jack.

My question to you is this: in his intros ...the wolf howl used in his broadcasts...sound identical to what your Wolves use at the stadium, are they the same howl?

I want to see video of "DJ Cupcake." I also want to eat a cupcake or two. Good question for the Lincolnton faithful. I remember a few years ago the wolf howl sounded sickly. It might have been the PA system.

@Lincolnton I have been asked this year to voice the puppet that will entertain the kids at Vacation Bible School. The character is "DJ Cupcake" and he runs a sweets food truck that also plays "sweet tunes".

In my preparation of this role I've been listening to and mimicking famous radio personalities to see which one feels right and which ones i sound the most like. I have become quite fond of, and do a pretty spot on impression of, Wolfman Jack.

My question to you is this: in his intros ...the wolf howl used in his broadcasts...sound identical to what your Wolves use at the stadium, are they the same howl?
My friend, I've always heard Lincolnton's wolf howl was made from a recording at NC State University but the Wolfman intro sounds like it...Props to you for being involved with VBS. Afraid I don't know who DJ Cupcake is since I happen to be a pitiful anachronism. On the other hand I surely know who Wolfman Jack was. Hope the kids like it.

Postscript: If you need funding for some nice treats or meals that everyone could enjoy, I know someone that might can help. Contact Cheerduck. He'll give you my phone number or email.

Last edited:
So much drama just to get to this point...
No kidding. Seems like bc the FTF family moved after the school year, he needs to sit. I'm assuming for the Ashe family...they moved before the spring semester even started...I'm not sure where the red tape stops and ends...but when you move obviously has a lot to do with it.

Looking at East Burke only 7 Seniors looks like this year. They might be young this year but a loaded sophomore class a lot of JR's and a lot of Freshman but they are still moving in the right direction!! Ready for some Football!!
East Burke is going to be a tough out every Friday. Could easily see them win a game or two that they’re not supposed to.

East Burke is going to be a tough out every Friday. Could easily see them win a game or two that they’re not supposed to.
They have to play n execute the plays n all bc there atleast 2-3 game last yr they had too many mistakes or penalties n they couldn’t get out of their own way….. they have play well in those games to win them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT