ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2022 Catawba valley 2A conference

So True West Lincoln Freedom and Newton Conover came down to one play for the game!! no easy games this year either this is a tough Conference. Lincolnton will be much improved too!! Good Luck to all for this coming season.
Like in 2020 when East played Draughn that was prob EB worst game played in that spring season losing 42-28

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So True West Lincoln Freedom and Newton Conover came down to one play for the game!! no easy games this year either this is a tough Conference. Lincolnton will be much improved too!! Good Luck to all for this coming season.
A friend of mine who coaches at another school said Lincolnton looked really good in a recent 7 on 7. It’s just 7 on 7 and doesn’t mean a hill of beans until we see what happens when the pads come on. Just nice to see that we’re making some progress! This might be the toughest conference in the state.

A friend of mine who coaches at another school said Lincolnton looked really good in a recent 7 on 7. It’s just 7 on 7 and doesn’t mean a hill of beans until we see what happens when the pads come on. Just nice to see that we’re making some progress! This might be the toughest conference in the state.
I would say for 2a yes this is prob the toughest in the west.

I might get in trouble for saying this, but I would prefer to see Lincolnton scrimmage a 3A opponent to get ready for their non-conference schedule of three 3As schools to start the season. The chasms between the level of South Point to Bessemer City is huge.

I hear Lincolnton’s QB is much improved. I also heard they did well at team camp. It will interesting to see how they finish. The Wolves have a very tough non conference schedule. They host South Point, North Lincoln and East Lincoln before they enter conference play. The word in Lincoln county is that the Wolves are hungry and the Rebels over on the Western end are doing well in 7 on 7. West Lincoln is believing right now. The culture of that program is much different than it was 20 years ago. The boys from Vale have a bitter taste in their mouths from last year’s playoff game. All I can say for West is it will take more than Avery scoring to beat Maiden . The big question for this conference is Newton. There fans are normally chirping about something this time of year. The word from East Burke is good. A guy close to their program told me that had big numbers for workouts. They won the conference in track. I know my Claremont connection says the Bears have good numbers as well, This conference is like the SEC of the 2A WEST
Newton might be the biggest team in our conference this year….they have a half dozen or so…over 275 lbs….nothing surprising about that though.

Anxious to see that rising Jr. QB…he threw for 1000 last season….I did notice that most of his receivers graduated. We’ll see….the Red Devils always have athletes.

I figure….Watson will see most of the carries…he is a load.

Newtons’ defense will lead the way for the Red Devils….they’re gonna be good!…tough versus the run or pass….wait and see!

I might get in trouble for saying this, but I would prefer to see Lincolnton scrimmage a 3A opponent to get ready for their non-conference schedule of three 3As schools to start the season. The chasms between the level of South Point to Bessemer City is huge.
VA?….some might say….you’re a glutton for punishment.😂….a lone wolf!

There are a few of us here that have played and cheered for the Black and Gold. I try hard to rep the Lincoln, Cleveland, Gaston, Catawba, and surrounding counties brand of high school football. Most people just appease me...

Last edited:
I heard we had something lined up with Cherokee but just ended up not happening because of travel. A lot of 3A teams in the area are going to scrimmage each other or against a 4A team. I’d just like to see us scrimmage teams we’ve never played before. Heck, I’d love for us to get East Surry and Starmount back on the scrimmage schedule

Someone told me that there will be a Burke Co county jamboree on Aug. 12. The person said South Iredell which is my team and they are 4A will play Feedom at 7:30. Does anyone have a list of scrimmage games and time on that day.

I heard we had something lined up with Cherokee but just ended up not happening because of travel. A lot of 3A teams in the area are going to scrimmage each other or against a 4A team. I’d just like to see us scrimmage teams we’ve never played before. Heck, I’d love for us to get East Surry and Starmount back on the scrimmage schedule
East Surry would work. For Vik-Val, I remember years ago Lincolnton scrimmaged South Iredell had Tyrone Westmoreland and then two days later scrimmaged against Maiden when they fed Antoine Ikard the ball. Talk about getting ready for the season before the first game. They had to be ready because the non-conference schedule was Shelby, South Point, and Kings Mountain.

Last edited:
East Surry would work. For Vik-Val, I remember years ago Lincolnton scrimmaged South Iredell had Tyrone Westmoreland and then two days scrimmaged against Maiden when they fed Antoine Ikard the ball. Talk about getting ready for the season before the first game.
I remembered seeing highlight on tv of Antione Ikard one time of knocking a player down then went into the end zone for a TD. He was a stud for sure. Imagine if could of played for a good 4A school.

Thank you egfan ! You and the Warriors are relevant, too. One of my favorite posters and one of favorite teams.

Speaking of Lincolnton: Just got some alarming news on my Weather App. It read "Not as warm in Lincolnton, tomorrow". What a shock to the system. How the hell could it get any warmer. It's nearly 90 degrees, now, at night. Unless we turn into Phoenix (or all of South Carolina) it couldn't get any warmer than today has been. I just walked outside and it feels like the equator. If this were my old neighborhood in the early 60's the hubcap thieves would have to wear potholders.

Last edited:
I remember them Lincolnton days of ‘93, ‘94, plus some other good seasons. I would like to see Lincolnton get back to their old ways. I remember back in my HS days when Lincolnton was in the 3A conference with South Iredell. Lincolnton was always a solid team. Hope the best for them Wolves.

Speaking of Maiden. I got this good feeling about this team. Not saying they win it all but I think they will even more better than last year. I definitely come and watch few of their games. Especially the playoffs.

Last edited:
I remember them Lincolnton days of ‘93, ‘94, plus some other good seasons. I would like to see Lincolnton get back to their old ways. I remember back in my HS days when Lincolnton was in the 3A conference with South Iredell. Lincolnton was always a solid team. Hope the best for them Wolves.
Thank you VV86, you too, know what it feels like for your team to win a championship. I enjoyed going over to "The Valley". Been there several times. Even watched them play several different teams, and the Vikings rarely lost. It looked like everybody in Troutman was there.

Thank you egfan ! You and the Warriors are relevant, too. One of my favorite posters and one of favorite teams.

Speaking of Lincolnton: Just got some alarming news on my Weather App. It read "Not as warm in Lincolnton, tomorrow". What a shock to the system. How the hell could it get any warmer. It's nearly 90 degrees, now, at night. Unless we turn into Phoenix (or all of South Carolina) it couldn't get any warmer than today has been. I just walked outside and it feels like the equator. If this were my old neighborhood in the early 60's the hubcap thieves would have to wear potholders. Guess I should be grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
My stupid butt went out and mowed around 2pm. Hottest I can remember this summer. I guess I should be thankful I can still do outside work at 65!

My stupid butt went out and mowed around 2pm. Hottest I can remember this summer. I guess I should be thankful I can still do outside work at 65!
Few Saturdays back…I took all my babies to Lazy 5 ranch over in Rowan county….stopped at a Mexican place in Mooresville for a late lunch on the way back. I heard something hit in the rear wheel well of the car as I was driving but I never saw anything. Well…as I strolled out of the restaurant….I saw my rear tire was flat…..a big cotter pin was lodged in the tire! Ugh!

It was 95 degrees….as I layed on that hot asphalt using a rickety scissor jack, a couple of sticks, and a lug wrench. Have you tried to break lug nuts loose?…lately?
DAAYUUM!
I pert near died….had to lay in the mulch under a tree for shade after I got it done. Barely had the strength to drive us home. 😂….soaked to the bone!

That’s the last tire this ole boy will ever change!…its too daggum hot for that crap. Yep!…calling AAA and telling ‘em they’ll find me sitting on a bar stool in the restaurant with a frosty mug.😜

Since the 1980s it is difficult to easily remove the lug nuts with a 4 way tire iron. You need strength and body weight to remove the nut with all the torque applied unless you have an impact driver, work for Hendrick Motorsports or Gibbs Racing. So, I don't blame you for calling AAA. Years ago I was returning from a work trip and I blew a tire (RIGHT REAR). I had just replaced the tires and was about two miles from the tire place. So, I drove there and explained how I recently got these new tires and they needed to replace the two rear tires for free. They were not happy. I am sure me driving two miles on a flat didn't help.

This Toyota Prius I bought, last year, the model that all of West Lincoln hates, doesn't have a spare tire, just a can of something with a small tube. I have "Roadside Assistance" but I doubt if they would help. I think my insurance company hates my guts, and I never file a claim. Called them a few years ago after a storm had toppled a tree in my yard to ask if I was covered. The man immediately went to hollering "NO, NO, ACT OF GOD, ACT OF GOD. It wasn't even a very big tree.

• Haha
After the off-season chatter this is what I've came up with

1. Maiden absolutely dominate team I don't don't see anyone beating them in the regular season

2. West Lincoln have alot of kids back plus a jv conference championship slight edge at number 2

3.Lincolnton heard nothing but positive things plus only losing 5 seniors this team could overtake west Lincoln for second
4.Bunker Hill lost alot of key starters but Coach Reid has built a winning foundation
5. East Burke lost full right been hearing positives and negatives this team is a mystery to me but I'll put them here due to coach minor
6. Newton Conover hit the hardest by graduation in the conference return their QB plus 2 tough non conference games vs Polk county and hickory will help them
7.Bandys Lost every key starter to graduation will be a rebuilding year
8. West Caldwell could win a game or 2 will continue to improve

It has been a longtime since i have been to a Maiden home game. That was at the old Maiden High School. I haven't been to the new Maiden. This year i am going to try to make one. Is Maiden homeside all reserved seats? And is there any place around Maiden that sells t shirts like Wallmart or CVS? I have always respected Maiden program and i had alot more respect for Tom Brown when he was there. Looking forward to following Maiden football this year.

Hey Dopple

Hit up Maiden Creek, he can get you into some seedier parts of town .... He knows of a restaurant, gas station, tanning salon and bootleg tee shirts all in one store

He can throw down on a plate of their chicken livers too, Ive seen it first hand .... LOL

Give him a holler, he'll meet you over on Water Plant road near Buffalo Beals, where he works feeding the crazy baboon they have down at the bottom.... He will treat ya right

Shelby Lion

It has been a longtime since i have been to a Maiden home game. That was at the old Maiden High School. I haven't been to the new Maiden. This year i am going to try to make one. Is Maiden homeside all reserved seats? And is there any place around Maiden that sells t shirts like Wallmart or CVS? I have always respected Maiden program and i had alot more respect for Tom Brown when he was there. Looking forward to following Maiden football this year.
Maiden has a reserve section that is marked… but there is plenty room for anyone that visits….and you are always welcome.
As for Walmart or CVS…😂…uh no….we don’t have that….ain’t gotta Chic-Fil-A either.

Maiden sells shirts at the game though.

Just curious …did you visit Maiden for a big game?…who were we playing? Do you remember?

Coach Brown was sump’em else! I miss him terribly. ❤️

Hey Dopple

Hit up Maiden Creek, he can get you into some seedier parts of town .... He knows of a restaurant, gas station, tanning salon and bootleg tee shirts all in one store

He can throw down on a plate of their chicken livers too, Ive seen it first hand .... LOL

Give him a holler, he'll meet you over on Water Plant road near Buffalo Beals, where he works feeding the crazy baboon they have down at the bottom.... He will treat ya right

Shelby Lion
Ain’t a shred of this true…well… except…I do know a guy with bootleg! 😂….and of course….the baboon. 😂

I hear that Maiden will scrimmage Hickory on the 10th. Anyone with more info on this. Good talent on both teams.
Hickory comes to Maiden on Wednesday the 10th. I’m not sure what time though.

Horrible news outta the Maiden camp this weekend….Alec Hall… has suffered a season ending injury. Achilles.

Lifting prayers for that young man for a speedy recovery.

He was a two way starter…tough tough loss for the Blue Devils.

Last edited:
Hickory comes to Maiden on the Wednesday the 10th. I’m not sure what time though.

Horrible news outta the Maiden camp this weekend….Alec Hall… has suffered a season ending injury. Achilles.

Scrimmage starts at 6pm

Hickory comes to Maiden on the Wednesday the 10th. I’m not sure what time though.

Hate to hear about this. Prayers for speedy recovery.

My neighbors on the west end of Lankern County better stay out of the west end ABC store, they thinking delusional LHSFan ha ha

On a sad note, seems as though @Maiden Creek @CHEERDUCK @65Lion and @Lincolnton and myself have shut down the snack bar in Hickory..... They are closing after 50 something years..... I guess we will have to infiltrate another establishment to take up residence here soon.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT