ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2022 Catawba valley 2A conference

My neighbors on the west end of Lankern County better stay out of the west end ABC store, they thinking delusional LHSFan ha ha

On a sad note, seems as though @Maiden Creek @CHEERDUCK @65Lion and @Lincolnton and myself have shut down the snack bar in Hickory..... They are closing after 50 something years..... I guess we will have to infiltrate another establishment to take up residence here soon.....
That is sad Shelby Lion. I get a bit of nostalgia for these local places in the area with great food that have closed.

Hobbs Daily Report on the Maiden QB…is a short read.
Good one!… though.

Reckon the smoke cleared? 👀

Let’s play milk carton!…where’s Cheerduck?😂…hope to see you!

It’s on!😂

I thought (for about three seconds) about swinging by and catching some of yalls scrimmage with Hickory but I aint allowed in stadiums that require store bought shoes to be worn

Then I also thought about catching Shelby and someone tomorrow (changes it seems daily) or even Burns and the tiny kids from Belmont but remembered, its hot,and if the days go like recent, itll be storming from 3pm to 8pm

Ill be at the house in the AC if needed

The end...

Very impressed with Hickory….studs all over the place. Hickory numbers were surprising as well…I’m betting at least 90 total….maybe a few more.

Good luck! Duck….y’all gotta good looking team over there.
Rico is all that. Also...didn't know Jerome Bettis had a son that was a RB at Hickory!

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Rico is all that. Also...didn't know Jerome Bettis had a son that was a RB at Hickory!
Our Red Tornadoes will definitely get better after the scrimmage tonight. I thought we did a fair job of getting after the run game and rushing the QB. The RB for Maiden is the secret weapon. The QB can sling it, not as accurate as I thought he needed to be. When pressure came he definitely was off. Culliver is the real deal.
Our line was missing a 4 year starter at center and linebacker. Henry Stewart broke a bone in his snap hand last week and will have surgery to place a plate in his hand for healing. He hopes to be back by week #4. The timing was off a little with our new snapper, but all in all Stober, a sophomore, took most of the snaps tonight and threw some good passes. We have 3-4 receivers that can haul it in and will give us many options. Coach Glass feels we have a lot to work on and he should know. I enjoyed the scrimmage!

Hearing from a source about East Burke football this year a lot of sophomore starting only 6 starting seniors about like Lincolnton was the last couple of years. so, the team might be in a growing process this year since losing 15 seniors but Coach sounds like the future teams will be good heavy freshman and sophomore class

Welcome bluedevil2022 and amaidendevil. You Maiden folks may soon rival Shelby posters.
I am surprised we have more fans on here! I hope it's nor short lived and only because of our expectations this season...

And yes, I was informed that Alec may only miss half the season. With his injury though...I'm sure we'll only use him when we need him and in the playoffs. This coaching staff will protect his future first, he's a D1 athlete and his future is more important than us using him when he ain't ready.

• Love
I'm a maiden alum and played. Also been going to almost every game since 2000. I feel like the younger Stover kid will be filling in for Hall most the season possibly on both sides of the ball

Welcome bluedevil2022 and amaidendevil. You Maiden folks may soon rival Shelby posters.
I am a Duke fan that is the blue devil part, I pull for East Burke, but I like all the teams in the conference. I lived in Catawba county for several years I like Lincolnton and Maiden great football programs I moved out of the area.I love the sight and just joined the Preps .com!!

Last edited:
I rode to Cherryville this morning… birthday breakfast for my eldest. Low and behold….there was Foard scrimmaging Cherryville this morning at 10 am. Sooo… I pulled over and watched. Couldn’t believe how big Cherryville was…their line looked good. The Ironmen were passing like…all the time!…#21 looked good too.

Foard had great size too on the line….they really didn’t look that bad. Just saying!

I asked a Cherryville fan…what they thought about playing those Cleveland county boys….he said….nothing to it…like pushing pee pees in the creek!😂😂😂

Last edited:
Maiden played West Forsyth…7-7 tie. Maiden held them scoreless until to very end.
Gibbs had an ankle injury early….hoping that ain’t serious. His backups played very well though.
Culliver made a beautiful catch on a 50 yard bomb with a defender hanging all over him. ❤️ Money!

Overall….Maiden looked very good!

Maiden played West Forsyth…7-7 tie. Maiden held them scoreless until to very end.
Gibbs had an ankle injury early….hoping that ain’t serious. His backups played very well though.
Culliver made a beautiful catch on a 50 yard bomb with a defender hanging all over him. ❤️ Money!

Overall….Maiden looked very good!
Lol I don't even remember a back up RB in first scrimmage who is the back up. Hopefully he just tweaked it and being overly cautious

That must be the kid they brought over from JV scrimmage against hickory and gave him a few reps. He did look really small lol
He is smaller...but plays like he is 6'4" 240lbs. Strong and tough...loves contact. I coached him in his rec years. He's a coaches player for sure.

He is smaller...but plays like he is 6'4" 240lbs. Strong and tough...loves contact. I coached him in his rec years. He's a coaches player for sure.
I found a couple videos of him running. He reminds me of a former bandys RB named brad Hall ( a friend) probably before y'all's time LOL. Brad was about 5'6 or so and ran with pure anger and aggression. Was a beast but Brad probably a lot stronger ( he had help of strong vitamins lol)

I found a couple videos of him running. He reminds me of a former bandys RB named brad Hall ( a friend) probably before y'all's time LOL. Brad was about 5'6 or so and ran with pure anger and aggression. Was a beast but Brad probably a lot stronger ( he had help of strong vitamins lol)
I use to work with Brad Hall’s dad. Brad work where we were at for short period of time back in the ‘90s after he graduated from Bandys high. . Brad had some good speed and a good RB.

Is the goal to continue this 9 page thread or to start a weekly Catawba Valley thread? I am sure the Red Raiders faithful like Coon or '78 will have a thread up this week for Lincolnton on 3A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT