ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2022 Catawba valley 2A conference

Growth along 16 is crazy right now. There are rumblings of possibly a new school being built in the future to keep North Lincoln and East Lincoln from being overwhelmed. Hope that doesn’t happen.
I imagine a new school would be built out near Terrell. Along 150 and 16 near abouts makes the most sense if that were the case. Would take some kids away from Bandys and North. Just depends on what county gets it.

Last edited:
I imagine a new school would be built out near Terrell. Along 150 and 16 near abouts makes the most sense if that were the case. Would take some kids away from Bandys and North. Just depends on what county gets it.
That would be interesting if they build out that way ..... That area has blown up around Bandys to North Lincoln but THAT WOULD A TON of schools within 20-25 mile radius

NL, WL, EL , Lincolnton, Bandys, Mt island charter, then if this new school happens that 7 schools within that radius

I’ve seen North and West Lincoln signs in town the past two years. Our enrollment decrease is certainly a concern not only for athletics but the well being of the school in general. A lot of LHS folks have sent their kids to North through the years. The charter school has also hurt us. Not necessarily in Athletics, but student count. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us drop to 1A in the future.
I wonder about that, too. It looks like requests for building might be getting to this area which could have some effect. With all the building in the East Lincoln high school district and North Lincoln high school district It's a little hard to understand how both of these eastern Lincoln county schools' districts nearly run up to the city limits of Lincolnton.
North has the biggest enrollment and East is second. It's puzzling to me how students in the western most part of their (North and East) school districts aren't going to Lincolnton since these students are considerably closer to Lincolnton High school. I try to resist being shortsighted about such things but politics can be peculiar. Surely there is a sound and equitable answer to it, after all, we are part of the same school system.

Mr. Lincolnton its skullduggery and shenanagins Ill tell ya.....

HA HA

All I know when me Whats his face, the other whats his face and the older whats his faces rolls into Hickory again for some breaking of bread (Or burger or Chicken Livers in Creeks case) I hope you are there, I realized I havent seen you since 2012 title games in Winston... Been too long my friend.....

It sure has been too long, my friend. I look forward to us all getting together. If I'm physically able I'll be sure to be there. I still regret missing the last time. Cheerduck sent me a photo of the last meeting. I told him you looked trim and shaped up. He said you were certainly looking good. A big congratulations to you.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I wonder about that, too. It looks like requests for building might be getting to this area which could have some effect. With all the building in the East Lincoln high school district and North Lincoln high school district It's a little hard to understand how both of these eastern Lincoln county schools' districts nearly run up to the city limits of Lincolnton.
North has the biggest enrollment and East is second. It's puzzling to me how students in the western most part of their (North and East) school districts aren't going to Lincolnton since these students are considerably closer to Lincolnton High school. I try to resist being shortsighted about such things but politics can be peculiar. Surely there is a sound and equitable answer to it, after all, we are part of the same school system.
I’m willing to bet that the higher ups did not anticipate the amount of growth that has happened down at the eastern part of the county. I have always thought it was crazy that the North district includes Arden Oaks and surrounding neighborhoods along 150 right outside of city limits, along with everything up to car farm road. Heck, even for the Iron Station folks it’s an easier drive to Lincolnton than it is to Denver. It will be interesting to see what happens within the next 5 years once more and more subdivisions are thrown up in and around Denver. We both know what the easiest and most reasonable solution is but that would involve a lot of hurt feelings and politicians who are willing. I’ll say this, representation matters.

I’m willing to bet that the higher ups did not anticipate the amount of growth that has happened down at the eastern part of the county. I have always thought it was crazy that the North district includes Arden Oaks and surrounding neighborhoods along 150 right outside of city limits, along with everything up to car farm road. Heck, even for the Iron Station folks it’s an easier drive to Lincolnton than it is to Denver. It will be interesting to see what happens within the next 5 years once more and more subdivisions are thrown up in and around Denver. We both know what the easiest and most reasonable solution is but that would involve a lot of hurt feelings and politicians who are willing. I’ll say this, representation matters.
I talk to a few folks a fair amount who grew up in those surrounding neighborhoods along 150. We like to talk about our "glory days" playing and going to LHS, but I wonder how many of them would still send them to Lincolnton or opt for NLHS. Btw, another school in those parts cannot happen just because of naming conventions. What are you going to name it Northeast High?

I talk to a few folks a fair amount who grew up in those surrounding neighborhoods along 150. We like to talk about our "glory days" playing and going to LHS, but I wonder how many of them would still send them to Lincolnton or opt for NLHS. Btw, another school in those parts cannot happen just because of naming conventions. What are you going to name it Northeast High?
Those neighborhoods are all part of the North Lincoln district. That is a fair amount of kids who are just outside city limits going to North. In terms of a new school being built, I am not sure what area down east they are looking at. I have also heard another charter may be in the works down that way.

I would think that restructuring the school districts’ boundaries…so that more kids went to Lincolnton …would be a good short term solution. It makes no sense to me….not to do that first.

Mid or Long term….another school is probably inevitable.

Lincoln Charter appears to be growing quickly as well.

My money would be on West Lake High....or Dellinger High
Instead of west Lake High or Dellinger High, could you split the difference and call it Dellinger's Lake. That way it would sound like a carp pond and be a good name for their athletic teams, "The Fighting Carps". Go you carps, go !

• Haha
I would think that restructuring the school districts’ boundaries…so that more kids went to Lincolnton …would be a good short term solution. It makes no sense to me….not to do that first.

Mid or Long term….another school is probably inevitable.

Lincoln Charter appears to be growing quickly as well.
MC, from the afternoon until dark you can see the Lincoln Charter buses going and coming down Main Street. I suppose they're shuttling students involved in athletics between the Lincolnton and Denver campuses.
At the next county commission meeting they're going to discuss an application by developers for houses near Gainesville Church which is just behind the Lincolnton campus. Heard they have a backlog of applicants but I'm not sure.

MC, from the afternoon until dark you can see the Lincoln Charter buses going and coming down Main Street. I suppose they're shuttling students involved in athletics between the Lincolnton and Denver campuses.
At the next county commission meeting they're going to discuss an application by developers for houses near Gainesville Church which is just behind the Lincolnton campus. Heard they have a backlog of applicants but I'm not sure.
I’ve noticed a few developments (really nice houses too) on Startown road near the high school and middle school as well.

There was recently an issue at a city council meeting about a development in the Startown Road area near the middle school. I'm not sure if they've had time to begin yet but it was finally approved. I'm thinking like this was just a couple of weeks ago. There was a good bit of pushback and the city council was split. The Mayor broke the tie in favor of the developers.

I down with the name of the Crappies. My dad who loved to fish at the Hot Hole hated catching carp. Now back on topic, the Pumpkin Center Blazers? I like that as well. I took a few Liberties with the name BlueDevil1996. The color scheme has to be Orange (East) and Black (Lincolnton) with a Jack O' Lantern decal on its helmet or at least Jack O Lantern decals for defensive and offensive plays made by the Blazers. I think we have just solved Lincoln County's next high school name.

Got word from one of my buddies on the western end of Lincoln county. He stated that West Lincoln is talking state championship in football this season. I know they been consistently in the playoffs lately. Unlike the West Lincoln of the 1990’s. I’m not sure they are state champs but I like the confidence. Unfortunately Shelby, East Surry, Reidsville and Monroe might have something to say about that topic.
Loving this!!!❤️❤️

It can’t get no better than that!

Loving this!!!❤️❤️

It can’t get no better than that!
It use to be teams said, "as long as we beat Maiden". Now WL is jumping straight to, "we're a state championship team".

I guess we're losing our touch @Maiden Creek !!! That playoff whooping must've stirred up something real deep in them Rebels...

I like the confidence...see you this fall in Maiden...

It use to be teams said, "as long as we beat Maiden". Now WL is jumping straight to, "we're a state championship team".

I guess we're losing our touch @Maiden Creek !!! That playoff whooping must've stirred up something real deep in them Rebels...

I like the confidence...see you this fall in Maiden...
They are just off Hwy 18 as well.

Is North Carolina changing the rules that to advance it is combining football with dual-meet wrestling? Then I like WLHS as one of the favorites to win it all. Might as well throw Bandys in the mix as well.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT