ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2022 Catawba valley 2A conference

I have been informed of what all is going on and man o man is this super super juicy. I'm kind of at a loss of words...but I'm also not surprised. Attorneys may or may not be involved and jobs may or may not be on the line.

What i have is second-hand knowledge...but I can rely on this guys info 90% of the time. I'll dig a little deeper tomorrow or Thursday with the coaches when I get the chance.

I have been informed of what all is going on and man o man is this super super juicy. I'm kind of at a loss of words...but I'm also not surprised. Attorneys may or may not be involved and jobs may or may not be on the line.

What i have is second-hand knowledge...but I can rely on this guys info 90% of the time. I'll dig a little deeper tomorrow or Thursday with the coaches when I get the chance.
Uh-Oh…. Sounds like it could turn into a very interesting May/June in Blue Devilville

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek

Any chance it’s about one or two of the other kids that transferred to Maiden in the last couple seasons?

From what I have heard, just rumours (no inside knowledge at all), it sounds like it is this year's transfers. Last year's class is good based on those rumours.

Ashe county
Hibriten
North Lincoln

From what I have heard, just rumours (no inside knowledge at all), it sounds like it is this year's transfers. Last year's class is good based on those rumours.

Ashe county
Hibriten
North Lincoln
I heard Ashe County, NL and West Lincoln. 4 total. And I hear it's a catawba county schools official that's pulled the string.

Anybody know of any other schools being pinged for this year's transfers? Seems like Bandys has two from NL too, but no rumors of the county messing with them.

I heard Ashe County, NL and West Lincoln. 4 total. And I hear it's a catawba county schools official that's pulled the string.

Anybody know of any other schools being pinged for this year's transfers? Seems like Bandys has two from NL too, but no rumors of the county messing with them.
All the players moved legal residence?

All the players moved legal residence?
From what I've heard:
>there are 2 that were already in district and just paid for transfer and got approval from both counties (they were going to schools outside of Maiden's district and now they've come back)
>1 I don't know their living situation, but payment and approval passed
>1 the family bought a house in Maiden district and moved, payment and approval complete...but the family still owns a house in their old district.

My source says it's all been legal and by the book...but that the county official has pulled the trigger on transfers after approval and payment. So now all 4 kids and their parents have an attorney and are seeking legal action.

Again. This is my second hand knowledge. While my source always has the body of the problem figured out...it's the details that are hit or miss. There is definitely something not adding up.

If good old human nature has anything to do with it and what I think is true, happens to be true, than this county official is as good as gone.

From what I've heard:
>there are 2 that were already in district and just paid for transfer and got approval from both counties (they were going to schools outside of Maiden's district and now they've come back)
>1 I don't know their living situation, but payment and approval passed
>1 the family bought a house in Maiden district and moved, payment and approval complete...but the family still owns a house in their old district.

My source says it's all been legal and by the book...but that the county official has pulled the trigger on transfers after approval and payment. So now all 4 kids and their parents have an attorney and are seeking legal action.

Again. This is my second hand knowledge. While my source always has the body of the problem figured out...it's the details that are hit or miss. There is definitely something not adding up.

If good old human nature has anything to do with it and what I think is true, happens to be true, than this county official is as good as gone.
Is Maiden a single school system?

I have heard rumors about this topic . I don’t think the school will be punished. Most likely these kids will have to sit out a season.
I can confirm that most of what I heard was true...with some of the finer details different. I won't get into too much on here...but the school will be fine. What happens with the players remains to be seen...but I do know that Maiden is the only school being pinged and it definitely is a disgruntled CatCoSchools employee, one who happens to be high up in the rankings.

I wish I could dive into more but I gotta keep it low for now out of respect for the kids. If it were adult involvement only I would say.

All that said...we will have a championship caliber defense this year for sure. It'll be hard to score on us for most teams.

• Love
If the kid is a Jr oh well there goes his season
The coach I spoke to said 2 of the 4 kids were a complete surprise and just showed up out of the blue, unannounced, caught the school and coaches off guard. The other 2 kids/parents informed the school and coaches they were moving into the district and made sure all rules were followed.

I'm not sure their ages. I believe 2 of them foe sure are rising Seniors.

some Parents are ruining kid lives trying to transfer from one school to another to play sports even lying about address! So crazy Lying is a common thing now days looks like.
The coach I spoke to was on this page too. He said the kids don't deserve to be jerked around and screwed over and that adults are making this a bad situation.

• Sad
This sounds like what happens in AZ on a Daily basis .... issue is in AZ kids that transfer only have sit out for 5 games n then they can play in playoffs n rest of reg season, its should be NO playoffs for new transfer unless he a SR.

Honestly it doesn’t matter bc you can give Maiden 5 QB’s and the rest of the all star players from Catawba county. They were good last year , they have a good staff and tradition. However, I watched Shelby have a running clock on Reidsville and East Surry in the western finals. Shelby would have beaten Maiden . Just ask Coach Byrnes about doing the big cat in Shelby. He tried as a player in 1999, got that tail spanked. IMO Maiden will be good again. I just wonder how good they would be without the transfer players from Bandys and the one star player from Freedom. I heard the great receiver is already looking for greener pastures. In reality, the kid from Ashe brought further attention or we wouldn’t be discussing this. Did they really think the Superintendent would allow his son to be potentially overshadowed by a Johnny come lately from the mountains and another from North Lincoln. Well the North Lincoln kid is gone and so is the defensive lineman from Foard. Just wonder and pray that this is ends. I have seen transfers ruin some programs . Hometown kids who work their whole playing career don’t appreciate the new kid coming in to take that shine away. Oh well goodnight .
New QB or not, the jv kid isn't ready for varsity ball and wouldn't start this year no matter how you shake it. He's got promise, he was a hell of a defensive end for me when I coached him at rec, just isn't ready for varsity QB play.

The same Catawba County Schools that wouldn't approve the turf field for the new high school in 2006-2007 even though a majority, if not all, of the funding was available from donations.
I’m one one of the few…that’s glad they didn’t.

I prefer grass fields… I’m old. 😜

So literally, someone moved in and beat out the Superintendents boy so he opened an investigation into the guys who moved in????? LOL. You cant make that up!
I personally do not believe that was the original intention… there’s more to it…most likely outside pressure.

It’s a tough spot!… I’m sick over it.

Heavy!… is the crown.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
I feel like it has more to do with outside pressure than it does anything else. Look at what went on with the Meck schools this year with losing wins for illegal players. Maybe that is what has made Cat Co more bold in checking up on these transfers.

Ultimately someone did not do their job in this case and punishment should be taken. Whether you can prove the coach orchestrated the whole thing is a whole other story.

My guess is that Maiden will be fine. Will be nice to see some of their homegrown talent step up and play this year.

I feel like it has more to do with outside pressure than it does anything else. Look at what went on with the Meck schools this year with losing wins for illegal players. Maybe that is what has made Cat Co more bold in checking up on these transfers.

Ultimately someone did not do their job in this case and punishment should be taken. Whether you can prove the coach orchestrated the whole thing is a whole other story.

My guess is that Maiden will be fine. Will be nice to see some of their homegrown talent step up and play this year.
Most of our homegrown talent does play...always has. In the past 10 years we've had just as many kids leave Maiden as kids have come in. We'll have 6 seniors this year (homegrown) that have been starting/had significant playing time since they were sophomores (aka stepping up and playing).

We'll have a handful of sophomores this year that'll be moved up to get varsity playing time too (and 1 freshman that I know of, he really showed out in spring practice this week, we'll see if he produces the same results next week). This coaching staff has always made it a point to move kids up when they're ready and can contribute. This coaching staff would adjust current varsity players to new positions before they would move a kid up that wasn't ready.

We have a strong culture of family and brotherhood built on a foundation of Coaches who show day in and day out that they care and will always do what is best for the kids and their futures. This culture has built kids that are constantly competing in the weight room and that are constantly picking the coaches brains in the film room.

It's been this way for a while...since before I was even a player. We've had decades of dominance in Catawba County and surrounding areas. I have the full records for the past 18 years and the playoff records since 1972 and am still compiling what I can...but lets look at the past 18 years:

----Noncon/Conf/Playoffs = 161 wins and 63 losses (72% winning percentage) over 4 different head coaches
----In Conf play only = 96 wins and 32 losses (75% winning percentage)
----Against Area Schools
-VS Bandys - 13-5
-VS Bunker Hill - 17-0
-VS Draughn - 4-0
-VS East Burke - 6-2
-VS East Lincoln - 4-5
-VS Fred T Foard - 14-2
-VS Hibriten - 4-2
-VS Hickory - 2-4
-VS Lincolnton - 11-10
-VS Newton - 14-7
-VS North Lincoln - 9-2
-VS South Caldwell - 2-3
-VS St Stephens - 12-3
-VS West Caldwell - 11-2
-VS West Lincoln - 12-2
----Only 3 losing records and they are against 3A and 4A competition.

I understand people want to be hung up on a kids that transfer because it's an easy and convenient way/reason to hate on Maiden, because we've gotten a handful over the last decade. But quit blowing smoke up my ass...we were successful before people starting complaining and we'll be successful long after those same people meet their maker.

Cool, at what point have the Coaches or staff or School officials or teachers or the lunch ladies ever contacted and recruited players, or their parents, off of other teams.

Please, I'm begging, I will die without it, please please someone give me a screenshot, an email, a recorded conversation, a picture of a secretive meeting, bank records of a bribe, the property records for the house a player is living in, signed contract of NIL deals with Don's Grill or Brookwood or The Daisy Barn Grooming and Boutique...anything that validates any sort of recruitment or foul play.

I have 5 hours left to live...someone please help me out.

Cool, at what point have the Coaches or staff or School officials or teachers or the lunch ladies ever contacted and recruited players, or their parents, off of other teams.

Please, I'm begging, I will die without it, please please someone give me a screenshot, an email, a recorded conversation, a picture of a secretive meeting, bank records of a bribe, the property records for the house a player is living in, signed contract of NIL deals with Don's Grill or Brookwood or The Daisy Barn Grooming and Boutique...anything that validates any sort of recruitment or foul play.

Only thing I’ll say about this (sore) subject and it is concerning the two transfers that came from Bandys. It definitely raised a lot of eyebrows. One moved, with or without help. I definitely wouldn’t say there was no help, but I’m confident there will never be any bank records, property records etc.. that will cause that player to ever look guilty. The other player said he was treated bad. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. Nobody knows but him and the others in that locker room before he transferred. What I can say with 100% certainty though is that there was no investigation or anything done to Bandys for their treatment of this player or other players like him. There is a loop hole to transferring without moving or losing 365 days. The “higher ups” mad sure this loop hole was used. By the way, others have talked about ”higher ups” with Catawba County Schools. These transfers benefited them. It’s kinda funny now that when a ”higher up” is not benefiting from a transfer it ends up getting ugly.

I have died 😫💀👻

East Burke finished 2nd in the Western Regionals behind Shelby in Track and Field. nice for that school which has not had a lot of programs do good in the past, but things are changing good group of Kids in the 9th and 10th grade coming up for sure!!Hate I miss the event!! A lot of kids going to the state event!!
Have a friend who attended…said Shelby could fly… boys and girls. Ain’t surprised.

He said East Burke and Bandy’s had very solid teams as well. .

Sorry Grizz…I’m a little late..hoping we can still save you!😜

I’m guilty.

I’ve been recruiting my ass off for the last two years! ….not for players…..but for employees. Unemployment in this county is hovering at 4%…sooo there’s not enough employees to go around. EVERY COMPANY IS HIRING! …..all sectors, manufacturing, health care, schools, restaurants, small business, you name it….they’re hiring!

Offering unprecedented sign on bonuses, retention bonuses, salaries, etc. etc.! Quite frankly…Ive found that it’s cheaper to do this…to secure experienced, stable, engaged workers…than continuing with the carousel of employees that don’t want to work. It’s ridiculous and expensive!
I challenge anyone who feels differently…crunch the numbers…and you’ll see.
It’s cheaper!

So yes! I’m recruiting in our area and outside of our area…and every single company in Catawba county is too!
ALL OF THEM!

We need more people….and they’re coming in droves…and we still need more.
Look at all the new housing being built… not just in Catawba…but the surrounding counties…especially Lincoln county and Iredell county.

I’d venture to say…that one or more of these so called recruits at Maiden, or any other school in our area, that got a new kid….has a parent that landed a new job.

This county has always been and will continue to be…a hot bed for jobs!

Look at all the new businesses that are being built in our area right now! How are they going to staff these places?

Recruiting!..that’s how!….advertising in areas outside of Catawba county while offering “unheard of” bonuses and pay! … thats how!…or luring (stealing) good employees from other local businesses… by offering them unprecedented bonuses or pay or both…that’s how!

It’s cheaper….than wasting money on people who don’t want to work.

Heck… I’ve even put a billboard sign…that’s says “We’re Hiring”…. on my dads’ property because he lives on a heavily traveled road in our area! He wuddnt happy about it!😂😂…but he let me do it.
Btw…y’all slow down through there…the old man needs a little time to get going once he pulls out on the road.😉

Personally…I’ve talked to a thousand people at job fairs from all around our area…some of which… we’ve hosted…and I’m kicking myself….I never once…asked anyone…you got any kids that play football?
What was I thinking?🤔

Last edited:
I’m just glad that high school football is only a few months away. The CVAC is tough. I really believe what helped Maiden in the playoffs last year was that we’re battle tested. If you look at the conference, West Caldwell has good skilled players , East Burke is physical, Bandys has tradition and their middle school was pretty good last season so the future is promising. West Lincoln has been solid the last 10 years . Bunker Hill will be solid and if Newton can stay healthy who knows what they might do. Lincolnton was young last year . If I had to predict , Maiden is the best on paper. Bunker, West Lincoln, Lincolnton, Newton and East Burke fighting it out for the other top spots . I see Bandys and West Caldwell in the cellar. I seriously hope that this Recuiting stuff is settled. Maiden can’t help who moves to them neither can any other school. For coaches, girls, cars, jobs, cellphones , social media, Canvas grades and final exam grades along with attendance are enough to deal with at this time. The good thing is one of the local radio stations WLON will have a call in show on Saturday. Hoping to hear Butch Parker and Scott Cloninger . comment on games. I still can’t figure out how those guys back in the 1990’s would coach on Friday night , meet for breakfast and discuss those games on Saturday morning. I mean they watch all that film all week , coaches hard on Friday. I don’t know who was more entertaining back then Randy Faucet, Tom Brown, Randy Lowman or Don Patrick. Better stop reminiscing, the reality is that high school football is the best sport in America. I look forward to watching these teams play each other. None are Shelby but these communities have pride . August can’t get here soon enough
Great post!

Reactions: Lincolnton
I have died 😫💀👻
I have been resurrected!

The Lord hath brought me back to deliver good news to thine ears. There are 12 kids transferring out of SWO to other schools and Maiden had nothing to do with it and won't be getting any of them. Rejoice ye heathens!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT