ADVERTISEMENT

ECC WEEK 6

WRH
SWO
JK
ED
I really hope SW gets this one. They should
We need to get a running clock on em in 2nd qtr. We tend to run out of gas 2nd half, along with losing 4 tires, the fenders and blow the motor. If so maybe we can hang on and finally win one.

Its hard, if not impossible to play 4 qtrs with the depleated squad we have.

James Kenan had plenty of size and athletes. East Duplin has a good number of skilled athletes at skill positions and some speed. They suffer from lack of size and bulk up front particular on defense. No offense to James Kenans young staff but, ED was the better coached team, as usually is the case with Holley and Aldridge on the sidelines for the Panthers

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
I agree that the game experience was a big factor in the win for ED. The Tigers are big and big all over but despite the size differential, the Panther defense held up in the middle and made plays when they needed to. Plus ED left some points on the field last night with untimely penalties. The Tigers should give any team in the east a fit if they play to their strengths.

Just curious how ED has more "big game" experience compared to JK? Is that being based on the players, coaching staffs or both?

• Haha
ED had 14 seniors on the field Friday night and JK had 17. Whatever you make of that.
Those seniors had only played in two games of that magnitude and that was a ot win at Kinston last season. And a lost to wrh the last game of the regular season. ED has played in 5 such games, (off top of my head) in the last two seasons thus far. Two against Princeton, two against Wallace, and the Kinston game, if I'm not mistaken.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91 and dogs79
Those seniors had only played in two games of that magnitude and that was a ot win at Kinston last season. And a lost to wrh the last game of the regular season. ED has played in 5 such games, (off top of my head) in the last two seasons thus far. Two against Princeton, two against Wallace, and the Kinston game, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm not arguing that. I was actually surprised JK had that many seniors on the team that's it. Just facts. I agree ED has more big games lately.

Only reason I asked is because I thought the comment sounded a lot like "coach speak" to me.

When comparing the Sr classes, ED has played in 5 playoff games, JK 3, but something to consider is two of those ED games occurred in 2019 and I seriously doubt this years seniors class played a large role in the two games as freshman brought up for the playoffs. Maybe they got experience riding the bus to Croatan and Randleman and of course extra practice time but thats about it.

The ED senior class didnt even qualify for the playoffs their sophomore year (spring season) but JK did. ED advanced one round deeper than JK did last season. Does that even out the "big game experience"?

Both teams play WRH each year and those games are "big game atmosphere" for both. Maybe ED has an advantage based on playing three close games with Princeton compared to JK?

As far as coaching staffs, EDs does have more experience, but JK has a couple of assistants that have won state championships at JK, one a former head coach and both have had a lot of success at other places for a long time.

The game Friday night could have gone either way. To say one was "clearly" better than the other sells the other team short IMO.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just found some of these comments interesting.

Only reason I asked is because I thought the comment sounded a lot like "coach speak" to me.

When comparing the Sr classes, ED has played in 5 playoff games, JK 3, but something to consider is two of those ED games occurred in 2019 and I seriously doubt this years seniors class played a large role in the two games as freshman brought up for the playoffs. Maybe they got experience riding the bus to Croatan and Randleman and of course extra practice time but thats about it.

The ED senior class didnt even qualify for the playoffs their sophomore year (spring season) but JK did. ED advanced one round deeper than JK did last season. Does that even out the "big game experience"?

Both teams play WRH each year and those games are "big game atmosphere" for both. Maybe ED has an advantage based on playing three close games with Princeton compared to JK?

As far as coaching staffs, EDs does have more experience, but JK has a couple of assistants that have won state championships at JK, one a former head coach and both have had a lot of success at other places for a long time.

The game Friday night could have gone either way. To say one was "clearly" better than the other sells the other team short IMO.

Come on my guy, can't compare ED coaching to JK. Battle and Aldridge probably the best duo in the east, in any classification.....

Jk didn't make the playoffs that spring season.

Dear Lord man, excuse me!!!!!! At NO point and time did I ever say or even infer that one was "clearly" better than the other. The final score is the only indicator that really matters anyway.

You are correct. I had the "conference tournament" held that season confused with with the actual playoffs due to the Spring Creek situation. Still, JK qualified for the tournament but ED did not. One could argue that the second JK/Midway game in the tournament was a higher stakes game than either of the final two ED games to finish out the schedule.

I just do not buy the argument that that "big game" experience played a role in the outcome Friday night. The game could have gone either way.

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC_91
Panther, that statement came from someone else. Go back and read the previous posts. Did I say it came from you?

• Haha
Sorry another correction. JK played Clinton in the first round of the conference tournament in spring 2021. The second JK/Midway game was the consolation game. ED did not qualify and played Spring Creek and Hertford to finish out the schedule.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about JK and ED from game Friday. Most say JK should have won. Dogs going to have hands full.
I was impressed by jk not ED jK has to have to craziest coach in fb u run spread get a touch in 3 plays and Ed Fumble u take 8 whole minutes on a drive that resulted in nothing!! Then on your last drive u go back in spread with Ed running cover Three with the middle wide open but Jk Forreal this year ED offense is a little different tho!! Running Wing T out of spread formations with a option choice is cool! But ED defense is ok not great! The same with JK! But JK boys will hit u and hit u hard they are fast flowing to the ball a few mistakes on both teams caused this game to be low scoring tho!!!jmt

Dang ED fail that eye test again. Usually don't impress a lot of people. Guess they just have to do the best they can!!😁

• Haha
Reactions: Friday Night1
59-12 I thought our game with Kinston would be fairly competitive, maybe not like the JK game but close considering how close they played undefeated Green Central in what was their only loss. I didn't see this annihilation coming lol, and keep in mind we had two turnovers including a fumble on the first drive....

59-12 I thought our game with Kinston would be fairly competitive, maybe not like the JK game but close considering how close they played undefeated Green Central in what was their only loss. I didn't see this annihilation coming lol, and keep in mind we had two turnovers including a fumble on the first drive....
I didn't see it coming neither. Just showed me that ED coaching staff didn't let the emotions from the JK win carry over. Some times teams can have a let down following a rival game like that. ED made a believer out of me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT