ADVERTISEMENT

Duplin Co. Football

PtownViking

Jul 15, 2005
I’ve always known Duplin Co. was a hotbed for high school football, but when you have not 1, but 3 of your top schools in the Eastern Finals together (pending the WHR/NE game even though it’s pretty much over) that’s ridiculous! (In a good way lol)

Duplin Co. posters...what’s the secret??? I’m going start calling it the Jack Holley fever around there lol

We call it Martin fever in the Northern part of the county. Great year for Dupin County Football,

Reactions: PtownViking
It is all about emphasis, the fans, parents, coaches, teachers, & students put their priorities there and the players want to participate and please. It is so healthy and keeps kids in school and wanting to do well in school in order to be allowed to play.

Quote from Duplin Times "East Duplin, Wallace-Rosehill and North Duplin combined for 39 wins and are unbeat against schools outside Duplin County."
Each school in Duplin has a strong football program and community support consistently. It's easy to support a winning season but when programs struggle and you still have community fan support, that's loving football. And the rought years make good years so much sweeter.

It seems all Duplin county schools pull for each other, which is weird. I could never and will never pull for Southwest Edgecombe. I enjoy seeing them lose about as much as I like seeing Tarboro win haha.

Reactions: AcesWild2323
It seems all Duplin county schools pull for each other, which is weird. I could never and will never pull for Southwest Edgecombe. I enjoy seeing them lose about as much as I like seeing Tarboro win haha.

I would say the majority of WRH fans will never pull for JK. As posted before, I hope they lose every game they play.

Reactions: dogs79 and TarVikes
North Duplin has a cake walk though.... I mean y’all are playing JV teams. Yall sent MICS, Union Acad, and Thomas Jefferson to the west side of the state and well... you saw what happened there. Also the Undefeated N. Duplin team took an L last game of the season last year ( almost the exact same team) who did y’all lose to? Oh yes... Cherokee.

North Duplin has a cake walk though.... I mean y’all are playing JV teams. Yall sent MICS, Union Acad, and Thomas Jefferson to the west side of the state and well... you saw what happened there. Also the Undefeated N. Duplin team took an L last game of the season last year ( almost the exact same team) who did y’all lose to? Oh yes... Cherokee.
1. ND doesn't decide who they play in the playoffs, Yall didn't sent nobody, NCHSAA did that, go complain to them 2. ND wasn't undefeated last year, yes they have a lot of the same players, but whole different team 3. Yes ND lost to Cherokee 22-20 in second round , Cherokee was up 22-7 in end of 3rd, & ND came back in the 4th scored 13 points and we lost 22-20...ND's last game & the last game Cherokee won last season. Cherokee went on to get blown out by who...Mitchell.....Cherokee needs to get by Mitchell this week before worrying about ND, cause ND got they minds on Plymouth only.

After those blowout wins, Cherokee is petitioning to change conferences so they can have a cake walk every year to the finals.

I wish Cherokee the best against Mitchell, same as I do for ND against Plymouth. Yes a ND vs Cherokee for 1A State Title would be nice...I've said it since beginning of the season. But ND is taking one game at a time.

Gwytoli, you talk alot of trash, hope you realize how many teams Cherokee beat in regular season with a winning record....1

This game will be our 6th top 25 game of the season. We are 4/5 in those games... how many y’all play?

This game will be our 6th top 25 game of the season. We are 4/5 in those games... how many y’all play?
Got me on that, don't have a clue what you are talking about. Still wish the Braves best of luck....

All depends which top 25...I assume NC Max...now which top 25...end of season, beginning of season, mid-season or the season over-all, well let's see Southside was ranked, so was Northside, Lakewood & Princeton, then there was Pamlico Co and tomorrow night it will be Plymouth....so I reckon we be playing our 6th top 25 too. ND has been in playoffs every year since 2000, ND also played in State title game in 07, since 2000 ND has played Cherokee 3 times, 2006 won 13-0 at Cherokee, then in 2009 won 14-7, then lost 22-20 last year...so I reckon it's 2-1 in our favor since 2000, but like I said earlier, ND is playing one game at a time, Plymouth and Cherokee should have their minds on getting revenge of last year's blow out by Mitchell...maybe Saturday we can compare records IF our teams win & face each other for the title. Good luck to the Braves tomorrow night.

Reactions: jh60
To all coming from Plymouth have a safe ride. It stacks up to be a great Eastern Finial that should be well worth the trip, win or not.

And good luck to the Rebels tonight as well. Looking forward to a great game.

3 out of 4 Duplin County Schools in State Finial Games. North Duplin 1A, Wallace Rosehill 2A and East Duplin 2AA. Good luck Duplin County!

Reactions: EDPanther99
I seriously had a thought that Mitchell would have thought tha same thing!! Well it's tha same team we beat last year and all that jive!! I hope to tha Good Lord above that we don't have that crazy idea, or it will be tha same outcome!!! I hope we go in like we did against swain and stomp them like we did them!!! I don't know if we're gonna win but I know we're gonna knock tha piss outta unz and your boys gonna be lookin for tha sideline and be sliding!!! As for you swain boy, wonder if tha tribe will buy us state rings!!!! Hahah!!!

For a school that tha tribe does for your tha only 1 on any of this that didn't wish us luck!! I hope all tha native kids come home and we slap unz down for tha next 20 years!!!

Dern son, swain people always nice when there beatin us down!! When we fight back and have somethin still gotta jab at us!! Beatin us down for all them years ain't good enough for you son!???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT