ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley at Statesville Round 4

Kylar2018

Jul 16, 2019
Only 8 teams remaining this is an interesting matchup. Giving Statesville's playoff history and Dudley's dominance most are expecting a Dudley blowout. Statesville has players. Wake Forest Committ at Qb and a host of other athletes. Dudley lead by Duke commit Mechi Wall has one of the top offenses in the nation. Ready for friday

Not sure what to think about this game yet. I do feel like Dudley will be the team to beat. Statesville has made progress over the season. But Dudley will be a different animal. Would be good to see Statesville to pull it out. As of now I would say Dudley by 2-3 TDs

I don't know anything about Dudley except there always good. Statesville will probably match-up good with them size and speed wise but I think depth may become an issue for Statesville in 2nd half.

Only 8 teams remaining this is an interesting matchup. Giving Statesville's playoff history and Dudley's dominance most are expecting a Dudley blowout. Statesville has players. Wake Forest Committ at Qb and a host of other athletes. Dudley lead by Duke commit Mechi Wall has one of the top offenses in the nation. Ready for friday
It's Mehki

Reactions: Kylar2018
Statesville numbers are low, but one of the better Statesville teams in the past 10 years. I predicted before the playoffs that Dudley would be the team to beat.

Reactions: beamer24
Im not familiar with Statesville but it seems they pride themselves on defense as well.
it is the strength of their team this year, but their numbers are inflated by a pretty weak conference. They do have speed for days, might be the quickest team Dudley has seen all season. But i would say the same for Statesville… Dudley will be the biggest and fastest team they have seen year.

Question about the Tickets at the Gate. Does Statesville take cash or do you have to go online with the cell phone deal? I know when Dudley went to Durham Hillside earlier this season, they just had the electronic tickets, no cash taken.

This probably one of the biggest games that has happen at Greyhound Hollow with along KM, Catholic in early 2000s n others . This is a Big time game- Can Statesville get over the hump. This the furthest they have gone in a while.

Dudley had built up to be a great team with a lot of talent. That have some Dawgs and They have been impressive. They have a better SOS then Statesville.

Dudley 56 Statesville 20

This probably one of the biggest games that has happen at Greyhound Hollow with along KM, Catholic in early 2000s n others . This is a Big time game- Can Statesville get over the hump. This the furthest they have gone in a while.

Dudley had built up to be a great team with a lot of talent. That have some Dawgs and They have been impressive. They have a better SOS then Statesville.

Dudley 56 Statesville 20
That Catholic game was over by half. Think the same for this game. Dudley, big!

Dudley happy they not facing my tabor lol. I’m hoping for a Eastern Alamance v Dudley final.
Dudley isn't happy about that. Coach Davis, His Wife, The Other Coaches, Those Seniors and a few Fans have a hole in their hearts they didn't get that last game in the spring for the right too go to State Finals. Both those games 9-6 & 24-20 eats at everyone. 4 of those 6 loses was 1,2,3 & 4 pts. However, Tabor out smarted us on key special teams play and turnovers at the wrong time. Tabor matched Dudley's energy and had DAWGS too! But I know for a fact from Coach Davis Wife mouth, he wanted that last game bad! But Tabor wanted it more. I wanted to see a Dudley-Fayetteville 71st (That won't happen now.) Championship; However, Dudley-E. Alamance would be a big gate game for sure.

Dudley happy they not facing my tabor lol. I’m hoping for a Eastern Alamance v Dudley final.
With all due respect, Dudley would have probably have curb stomped Tabor this year lol. Which sucks for Dudley, because I don't think Tabor ever lost to Dudley while they were in the same conference the past few years.

I think Dudley wins this game going away. Statesville’s non conference and conference schedule does not prepare them to deal with teams that can look them in the eyes physically or that the Greyhounds can not simply just out athlete. 2019 The Greyhounds were unbeaten and hadn’t played any close games. KM went to Statesville and manhandled the Greyhounds pretty easily. Statesville coach stated later that he was shocked by how much better the Mountaineers were than his team on the field. I think that he should prepare to be shocked again. This Dudley team is a monster with few weaknesses. I will be shocked if this game isn’t over at halftime.

Don't know if it's the coach or AD at Statesville that chooses their non conference schedule but their non conference schedule is HORRIBLE every year. Most think it's the HC that just pad easy wins to his resume regardless these are the type of games that bite you in ass for scheduling terrible teams

Reactions: shutdownD24
Don't know if it's the coach or AD at Statesville that chooses their non conference schedule but their non conference schedule is HORRIBLE every year. Most think it's the HC that just pad easy wins to his resume regardless these are the type of games that bite you in ass for scheduling terrible teams
someone please correct me if i’m wrong about this, but i think that all ISS schools must play teams within Iredell county during non conference. this excludes Mooresville which is a separate school district from ISS (Iredell/Statesville Schools)

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
It’s the school district. They are forced to play the county schools that aren’t in their conference.

someone please correct me if i’m wrong about this, but i think that all ISS schools must play teams within Iredell county during non conference. this excludes Mooresville which is a separate school district from ISS (Iredell/Statesville Schools)
No excuse to be playing CARSON in week 1 though, when you already know you're in a weak conference. I would expect a school like Statesville to reach out to schools like Kannapolis, Glenn, Mt. Tabor, Salisbury, Crest, etc. There are just too many good schools within a 50 mile radius not to be playing better competition

A Mooresville and Statesville game would easily be the biggest game and gate in Iredell county. Don't understand why 2 schools 12 miles apart refuse to play each other

A Mooresville and Statesville game would easily be the biggest game and gate in Iredell county. Don't understand why 2 schools 12 miles apart refuse to play each other
Mooresville will not play an Iredell County team in football unless their in the same Conference. From what I hear.

• Wow
Why is that? Is there some sort of beef between Iredell County Schools and Mooresville City schools?
Yes - ISS doesn’t like Mooresville due to its own district- ISS wants Mooresville to join ISS which won’t happen due to Die hards n all

also Southern Part of the county is where $ is coming from , People moving to Etc so Yes there some type of beef but To me it’s more political and I think Mooresville n Statesville should play. I don’t like rule of We can’t play bc ISS doesn’t want us too or Mooresville doesn’t want to whatever the case ….

Mooresville will not play an Iredell County team in football unless their in the same Conference. From what I hear.
I heard it’s ISS but I also heard Mooresville doesn’t want to either so I feel it is a mutual feelings between the 2

I would like to see Statesville n AL Brown play. That would be some good competition

last time Statesville came down here they brought something like 15 people to see them take their annual curb stomping. every time Mooresville went up there the visitor side was packed with people even standing along the fence from end zone to end zone. they may have beaten Mooresville once in the last 20 years. besides, one 3A team is enough during non conference, and that’s usually W Rowan and they seem to travel pretty well.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
last time Statesville came down here they brought something like 15 people to see them take their annual curb stomping. every time Mooresville went up there the visitor side was packed with people even standing along the fence from end zone to end zone. they may have beaten Mooresville once in the last 20 years. besides, one 3A team is enough during non conference, and that’s usually W Rowan and they seem to travel pretty well.

I wouldn’t say one 3a team is enough. I don’t personally go on classification. A good team is a good team. It depends on who you’re playing though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT