ADVERTISEMENT

Polk County Woverines 2024

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
They were 4-7 last year. Will they better in 2024. Some years they do have good season. Any info?

They have been the Wolverines at least since the high schools in Polk County consolidated.

They are the same Wolverines that came to Pilot and beat us when we were the #1 seed and they were the #16 seed in the playoffs. 16-14 if my memory serves me right. Called a time out with maybe a second on the clock and kicked a long field goal to win.

They are the same Wolverines that came to Pilot and beat us when we were the #1 seed and they were the #16 seed in the playoffs. 16-14 if my memory serves me right. Called a time out with maybe a second on the clock and kicked a long field goal to win.
I sure as hell don't remember them being the wolverines I thought they were a Patriots or something

Reactions: Mopar forever
I sure as hell don't remember them being the wolverines I thought they were a Patriots or something
Well depends on how old you are if you are correct or not ….. if you are old then yes you may remember them being patriots … Polk central was patriots but that would have been late 80’s … when the county build the new school in like 91/92 and combined central and Tryon they became the WOLVERINES

As for the team .. I have ask and everyone feels pretty good but like always they have a ton of spots to fill from graduation so idk

Well depends on how old you are if you are correct or not ….. if you are old then yes you may remember them being patriots … Polk central was patriots but that would have been late 80’s … when the county build the new school in like 91/92 and combined central and Tryon they became the WOLVERINES

As for the team .. I have ask and everyone feels pretty good but like always they have a ton of spots to fill from graduation so idk
Think the Lord I thought I was going crazy. Yeah it's probably been that long since I knew much about them. I forgot that Tryon used to have a high school by itself. I am old :)

Reactions: Mopar forever
Polk Central, Edneyville and Tryon were the old schools in Polk County I believe.

I thought Edneyville was in Henderson County and helped make N. Henderson? I could be wrong, I am not sure where the county line is.

That is correct, I missed that. I was thinking of the teams in the old conference that had Harris and Bowman from Mitchell and lumped Edneyville in with the Polk schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT