ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley at Statesville Round 4

I wouldn’t say one 3a team is enough. I don’t personally go on classification. A good team is a good team. It depends on who you’re playing though.
fair enough. i didn’t come on here to slam any classification, just answer some questions and dispel a few comments in this thread. for the most part over the last 20 years Mooresville has played in the toughest 4A conference, with one of the most difficult 4A schedules in the entire state, even when it resulted in them getting their faces smashed in on a regular basis. that’s just the way it is. you must strive to play up during the non conference season in order just to be prepared. nobody is dodging Statesville or anybody else.

Statesville is a good football team, but not a great team since 2012. They made to the Final 8, they won 12 games. Got to give credit to Statesville like them or not. Now for this match up vs Dudley. Dudley will be favored to win, but hope that Statesville can make a better showing playing against the top program in the State. Statesville don't be happy just be playing on the day after Thanksgiving. Don't go out there and lay and egg.

fair enough. i didn’t come on here to slam any classification, just answer some questions and dispel a few comments in this thread. for the most part over the last 20 years Mooresville has played in the toughest 4A conference, with one of the most difficult 4A schedules in the entire state, even when it resulted in them getting their faces smashed in on a regular basis. that’s just the way it is. you must strive to play up during the non conference season in order just to be prepared. nobody is dodging Statesville or anybody else.
Over the last 5 years Statesville easily is better than Mooresville. I can admit that and IM FROM MOORESVILLE. Statesville is a more worthy opponent than West Rowan. I think we in Mooresville is full of ourselves. Ask the Mallard Creek and Chamber, even Hough fans and players what they think of Mooresville. We are a 4a school with 3a talent. Don't get it confused. I just hate when certain fans act like we're too good for other programs when in honesty we're not. We don't want to be embarrassed by losing to a smaller county school. Athlete for Athlete Statesville has us beat. Their the only team in the county capable of making it to the 3rd round on a consistent basis. We can't even get out of the 1st round. Call a spade a spade. No need for us to talking down on a program that is preforming better than us. Statesville has more kids play FBS ball than we do. Obviously they're doing something right.

Well I think he means is that 3A teams won’t help us with 4A we have faced like a Chambers or East Forsyth or Glenn so 1 is enough

Yeah but if you’re playing say, crest or Dudley it’s no problem with that. Dudley could play east Forsyth and no one would blink an eye. It’s plenty of 2a teams better than west Rowan, davie and cox mill

Over the last 5 years Statesville easily is better than Mooresville. I can admit that and IM FROM MOORESVILLE. Statesville is a more worthy opponent than West Rowan. I think we in Mooresville is full of ourselves. Ask the Mallard Creek and Chamber, even Hough fans and players what they think of Mooresville. We are a 4a school with 3a talent. Don't get it confused. I just hate when certain fans act like we're too good for other programs when in honesty we're not. We don't want to be embarrassed by losing to a smaller county school. Athlete for Athlete Statesville has us beat. Their the only team in the county capable of making it to the 3rd round on a consistent basis. We can't even get out of the 1st round. Call a spade a spade. No need for us to talking down on a program that is preforming better than us. Statesville has more kids play FBS ball than we do. Obviously they're doing something right.
If I recall Mooresville has won what 5 of last meetings, Ik Statesville leads all time series but Mooresville won atleast the last 5-6 meetings.

Also I will agree there some game we should keep like Statesville or SI (When not 4A) and But I wanna see Mooresville face West Forsyth , Glenn, Reagan , Mt Tabor , Grimsley , Page teams like that bc We are 4A. Yes we are 3a talent but we are 4A. we hold our own and we have won at the 4A level (2011 is the best example). You are right 4A in Imeck we won’t finish no best then 3rd/4th but maybe 2nd if we are really really good like 2011 but I don’t agree that Hough , Vance don’t like playing Mooresville bc Heck Vance n Mooresville have had some memorable games.

Mooresville should be like Richmond / Scotland (when 4A) bc they are similarities

Reactions: OptionFreak
Statesville actually had chances to make this game closer. But mistakes hurt them
I agree. Statesville should had score on 3 other possessions. Dudley answered every bell when Statesville had momentum. Great game. These are the games Statesville needs to schedule as non conference games

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT